Add your feedback on energy supplier Scottish Power

Options

Comments

• Scottish_Power
    Scottish_Power Posts: 1,263 Organisation Representative
    Options
    victor2 wrote: »
    Exactly how do you suggest she PM's you, when that function is disabled on your account?

Hi Stargirl29,

I'm sorry that you are unable to PM us via MSE. If you can possibly email your account number to [EMAIL="social@scottishpower.com"]social@scottishpower.com[/EMAIL] I will look into this issue for you.

Kind regards
    Faye
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Scottish Power. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • stevegrass777
    Options
    Froglet wrote: »
    Nor have I Roy.I think some people are genuinely unlucky,because I find the account online very easy to use,and have been with them for over 10 years.

Having said that there is no excuse for bad service.

Yes it's hard to fathom,npower were terrible with me an my farther as we're Scottish power,I did find out that the both use same IT.
    But I used to talk to some neighbors who had no problem with npower,but they were all old contracts paying way more than me.
    I think some tariffs work ok with the sap software and some are useless and it all goes wrong.
    I had a £8700 bill for 4 months g&e SP tried to collect £1560 per month by DD.
    And then they corrected this upon complaint but then had 2 different bills for the same period and meter readings and both were different,I asked which one was correct and they couldn't tell me.
    I left SP as soon as possible as having left npower for the same billing problems and finding out they had the same system I wasn't prepared to wait for it to get working properly,and from current reviews it seems it still doesn't work and neither does npower.
    A SP rep even had a heated argument when trying to keep me as a customer,I told him there software wasn't fit for purpose and it isn't ! He told me how much they have spent yada yada,my heart bleeds!
    I don't care all I want is a correct bill and correct DD if they can't supply that then I'm Gone.
    Lots of these smaller firms can do correct bills and I will never go back to SP or NPower.I will generate my own first!
  • Tommy83
    Tommy83 Posts: 25 Forumite
    Options
    Had nothing but problems since becoming a customer back in November 2014.
    They have failed to bill me properly and take payments as they should have resulting in a large bill earlier this year.
    They have since failed to rectify or explain the problem and why it was allowed to happen, given me false information countless times, failed to resolve my complaint after being given 15 weeks to do so, stopped taking direct debits without explanation, and now are refusing to discuss the issue any further. All they keep offering is a payment plan, yet without giving me the accurate breakdown of usage against payments made during this whole time that i keep asking for i cannot trust that the amount they say i owe is accurate. They are also trying to back bill me past the 12 month window that Ofgem stipulate they can seeing as this whole mess is their doing.
    All i want to do is get an accurate bill over the period that they are allowed to bill me for so i can pay it and move to another supplier.
  • k2150
    k2150 Posts: 71 Forumite
    edited 31 December 2016 at 5:00PM
    Options
    I just switched over to Scottish Power today from SSE because they supplied the cheapest quote for electricity, but I've been looking at Scottish Power's customer service feedback which makes horrible reading on the TrustPilot website where I struggled to find a decent review for this company. The Moneysavingexpert Cheap Energy Club ratings for Scottish Power look like this - 33% great, 44% poor (452 votes). I'm keeping my fingers crossed that things go smoothly with the switchover, and will report back here if they don't

• hybernia
    hybernia Posts: 390 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Surprising to find that Spanish Power, a company as devoid of ethics as it is of competence, has retained even a single customer, still less managed to attract any new ones.

No point in wishing you the best of luck with it because it's more than luck that's needed. You'll also need to know how to cope with its horrendous misbillings, massively exaggerated 'final statements', endless empty apologies for this, that, and the other, and an institutionalised contempt for customers such that you don't need something like TrustPilot to check the facts: the Consumers Association Which? magazine already did so in perhaps the most damning indictment there's yet been of any energy supplier.

Probably best to learn how to deal with debt collection agents as well, seeing as how Spanish Power's resort to them even in the middle of an unresolved dispute is well known.

And finally . . . you need to familiarise yourself with the workings of the Ombudsman (Energy) Service. . . as so many hundreds, if not thousands, of other Spanish Power ex-customers have had to do.
  • Torry_Quine
    Torry_Quine Posts: 18,834 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    k2150 wrote: »
    I just switched over to Scottish Power today from SSE because they supplied the cheapest quote for electricity, but I've been looking at Scottish Power's customer service feedback which makes horrible reading on the TrustPilot website where I struggled to find a decent review for this company. The Moneysavingexpert Cheap Energy Club ratings for Scottish Power look like this - 33% great, 44% poor (452 votes). I'm keeping my fingers crossed that things go smoothly with the switchover, and will report back here if they don't

I switched to Scottish Power a year ago and have had no problems at all. I give my reading every quarter as asked and get my bill with new DD a few days later. Have just signed up for another year with a fixed rate.
    Lost my soulmate so life is empty.

I can bear pain myself, he said softly, but I couldna bear yours. That would take more strength than I have -
    Diana Gabaldon, Outlander
    2010 Posts: 5,361 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I`ve been with SP before and didn`t hesitate to go with them again recently when they were shown to be the cheapest for a fixed deal.
    The switch went without problems and they took over the supply on the 28th Dec. plus getting £30 cashback from MSE cheap energy club.
  • Froglet
    Froglet Posts: 2,796 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Another customer here with no problems,been with them years and find their website very easy to use.
  • AnonBeth
    Options
    I had to complain to the Ombudsman twice because Scottish Power continued to charge me for energy after I had switched to E-On. S P ignored my requests for refund, for assistance, promised lots but did nothing to help, whereas E-On did their best to help me sort out the problem and gave me information which enabled me to complete the first complaint to the Ombudsman. Then having been proven to be at fault, a few months after the Ombudsman's decision S P started charging me for energy consumption again! SP's costumer service was non existent so .... back to the Ombudsman again. The whole thing took about 9 months to sort out. I would never recommend them!
  • oldwiring
    oldwiring Posts: 2,452 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I am one who has had no real problems with them over some years.

As to adverse reports here and on sites like TrustPilot, and similar that deal with other consumer feedback, such as TripAdvisor, I'd advise looking at the age of the entries. Those more than 2 years old I'd give less weight to.
    BTW @AnonBeth How recent was the start of you problem? Is it in another thread?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback