Add your feedback on energy supplier Scottish Power

Options

Comments

• suzybloo
    suzybloo Posts: 1,104 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I am totally narked off with Scottish power. Around about a month ago they informed me they were putting my direct debit up from £93 to £130 per month. I told them no as I give my readings every week, they could increase it to £100 which was ample. Out of the last 6 readings they have not updated my account although online in says latest bill is....... Which is when I have gone into put in readings, but going a step further there is no account to view. Being fed up of this I called them last week, asking them to get it sorted, to be told the tariff I have was too complicated they no longer do it (you got the first so many units at a higher price, then it dropped and there was no daily meter charge) so I requested to be put onto the best tariff for my usage, which the duly have done reducing my direct debit to £85 in the process!!! ......however, my account is still sitting at the balance it was on 6th August, although I have given SIX meter readings since, even the reading transferring over to the new account is not showing, although the tariff type,new direct debit are showing and to top it all it won't allow me to enter this weeks readings. Manage your account on line with Scottish power - you have no hope! And requesting a call back is too much also, every time slot is not available! To be honest they have 48 hours to get my account sorted or they will loss my business for good, and I have been with them for 30 years. Beats me also how one month they tell you they need £130 direct debit and yet can do a tariff for £85 using the same figures. Hope that helps someone to make up their minds!
    Every days a School day!
  • gatita
    gatita Posts: 1,283 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    edited 2 September 2013 at 1:05PM
    Options
    My change over was a NIGHTMARE, I was all geared up to give a final reading to my old supplier, when lo and behold I received the notification from S. Power the changeover was days away when I noticed they had the WRONG house number! I was informed the WHOLE process had to start all over again, another 6 weeks grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
    To say I was fuming is an understatement. Yes, I did get profuse apologies, but I find this kind of mistake unacceptable.

Next. I produced all the statements from the previous company so they knew exactly what the previous years consumption was. It was agreed I would pay £60 a month DD. (we spend most of the winter months away) That lasted for 2 months, I was then informed my DD would go up to £100a month!! Oh yes, I always give them a monthly reading. After more complaining they agreed to put it down to £70. I am £170 in credit!
    So, all in all it has been a bit of a disaster. I will have to start soon finding another company, but I suspect they are all as bad as one another! also I want a company that has no standing charge, (as I am months away)
    When man sacrifices the Love of POWER for the Power of Love, there will be peace on earth.
  • Scottish_Power
    Scottish_Power Posts: 1,263 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Hi Suzybloo, I'll will need to look at your account in detail, can you contact us via our profile page please? Regards Gerry
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Scottish Power. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,279 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 4 September 2013 at 10:35PM
    Options
    Everything was fine until I tried to leave them (details here).

Customer service staff were wilfully misleading and I was threatened with cancellation charges even though none apply. Meanwhile, they are holding onto the credit on my old account.

I certainly won't be considering switching back to ScottishPower no matter how cheap their prices are in the future.
  • zonda
    Options
    I tried today to change tariff within Scottish Power from their standard one to their Help Beat Cancer Fixed Price Energy Jan 2017 tariff that MSE features this week. They had not heard of it until further checking and then said that I would be put on a list of people who have expressed an interest. I'm confident that I will be moved onto it but I'm astonished that their systems are not geared up to deal with customers after announcing the product!
  • gatita
    gatita Posts: 1,283 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Zonda,
    I also spent hours searching for it too.....their website I a nightmare and SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO slow!!! Lets hope they get back to us.
    When man sacrifices the Love of POWER for the Power of Love, there will be peace on earth.
  • grabbit
    grabbit Posts: 63 Forumite
    Options
    It seems that Scottish Power habitually bump up direct debit payments over and above what is the correct level. This results in a massive credit accumulating in their account.
    Despite telling them that I can work out the CORRECT direct debit figure better than their computer (and them agreeing with me) they continue to behave in this underhand manner.
    After complaining to them many times, and getting several cheques back for the surplus, PLUS a reduction to the level it was previously, they continue to behave in this manner. Every time I tell them I AM NOT A BANK. I DO NOT LEND MONEY FOR FREE. But they continue to behave the same way. It's about time they were told to stop this sharp practice.
    So this time, we are in deadlock (IE they agree that they cannot do anything to charge me what I owe them), we are going to follow through with a complaint with the ombudsman.

So draw your own conclusions from that when considering moving to them or staying with them.
    I’m surprised Martin hasn’t picked up on this ??? :money:
  • NVRAM
    NVRAM Posts: 298 Forumite
    Options
    Yes
    Yes
    No

Absolutely horrrendous trying to get thru to them.
    All I want is my meter moved, been advised by northern gas networks I need to have my supplier change my meter for one that will fit in a semi concealed box.

Complaints email goes unanswered.
    Try to get thru to complaints on the phone, queue for 45min+

Absolutely shocking CS.
  • JOE_STOTTS
    Options
    Switch to scottish power yesterday via Top Cash Back website where they are offering £105 cash back for gas and Electricity.

Been with them before and the reason i'm going back is because, i checked a couple of comparison websites which shows Scottish Power are 3rd cheapest. However, with the added £105.00 Cash back, they are now £79 cheapest overall :)

If anyone wants to take advantage, top Cash Back say this will end on 12th September (tomorrow)
  • anotheruser
    Options
    Scottish Power were pretty good while I was with them.
    Then rubbish when I left.

Switched to nPower.

SP called and asked "why are you leaving?". I told them I liked nPower / better deal / good android app for sending meter readings. I also said nPower kept my DD's the same and if I was in debt, they just billed me. SC man said they wouldn't do that and we argued about it for a few mins. How cheeky! I was the one who was getting the bills so I think I know. Plus, I can send them (NP) a meter reading and they won't bill me, while SP bills me every time I send a meter reading.

Had another phone call (3 weeks after switching) asking me to come back. Said no.

Had two final bills, both say "gas" but then have electric on the back also. Both are identical and have estimated readings. NP gave the proper readings. No mention when I will receive my cheque.

But I find many companies tend to be good until you leave. Then they turn.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback