The Giving Up/ Cutting Down alcohol support thread - number 12

Options

Comments

• 40somethingmum
    Options
    365days wrote: »
    Pippi got married recently (In wellies) !! She has her own diary on here still.

Ah..the good old days! ;)

I wll have to pop in on her diary to say hello. Of course she got married in wellies - I couldn't imagine her in anything else:)

I am trying to remember waht your original username was ? pm me.

40SMxx
  • CuppaTea
    CuppaTea Posts: 1,333 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone
    Just thought I'd drop in. I've been reading all the time.
    Jo-hope yr feeling strong at 4 pm habits are hard. I find it tempting too but if I eat early with the kids it definitely stops me wanting anything akcoholic. I like to drink on empty stomach before eating.

WannabeSE - hi I recognise u from other boards. I too can empathise with drinking as a escape from parenting boredom and routine. As a single parent its lonely and hard work. But I.m glad I've laid off it lately as I've had to be up in the night a lot with my kids recently. Naturally alcohol makes it hardet to cope, so its made me think twice.

Gotta go supposed to be working.

Im on 6 days please shaggy. Please can u set target to 22. Thanks. Can't do red on my phone will try to edit later.

Shaggy I meant to ask. How are things with you now. I kno u suffered a loss of a patent back in the summer when I was regularly posting. Just wondered how yr doing. ....time to heal can be long .... big hugs tho.
    Live for the moment and plan for the future
  • mummy2threeboys
    Options
    Another 1 af please shaggy
    Thanks tried the apple juice and soda, looked like wine even put it in a wine glass didnt taste a huge amount like it but did the trick which counts!
    Compers challenge 27/70
    £1805/2018
  • debjay
    debjay Posts: 2,090 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Another 1 af please shaggy
    Thanks tried the apple juice and soda, looked like wine even put it in a wine glass didnt taste a huge amount like it but did the trick which counts!

I found that I had to play around with the mix to get it tasting right. It isn't wine but I think I fooled my brain into thinking it was as used a wine glass too.
  • sukeyboo
    sukeyboo Posts: 2,067 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning all,

What an interesting discussion about habit/addiction :T this thread seems to be 'on-fire' at the moment.

No alcohol for me last night so that makes 2/15 for me please Shaggy. Not a great start to the month :o but I intend to catch up over the next few days ;).

Have a great (and hopefully sober!) day everyone :)
  • shaggydoo
    shaggydoo Posts: 8,406 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning :hello:

1 more AFD.

mhq0u12QOvNy_km5dnmLxaw.jpg

Happy Tuesday!

Shaggyx
    What do we do when we fall? We get up, dust ourselves off and start walking in the right direction again. Perhaps when we fall, it is easy to forget there are people along the way who help us stand and walk with us as we get back on track.
  • shaggydoo
    Options
    CuppaTea wrote: »
    Shaggy I meant to ask. How are things with you now. I kno u suffered a loss of a patent back in the summer when I was regularly posting. Just wondered how yr doing. ....time to heal can be long .... big hugs tho.

TBH I had a great xmas. It's a time of year that I love (and my parents loved it too) and we were really busy....I thought about my Dad (& Mum) a lot, but it was no worse than usual (a few tears here & there)....my sister is doing well with her BC (she is on tamoxifen for 5 years - so she is 18 moths in)

....as the yoof say "What is life?"

...here's to a happy 2014...
    What do we do when we fall? We get up, dust ourselves off and start walking in the right direction again. Perhaps when we fall, it is easy to forget there are people along the way who help us stand and walk with us as we get back on track.
  • 365days
    365days Posts: 1,347 Forumite
    Options
    I wll have to pop in on her diary to say hello. Of course she got married in wellies - I couldn't imagine her in anything else:)

I am trying to remember waht your original username was ? pm me.

40SMxx

I was Paybacktime regularly shortened to PBT !
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • shaggydoo
    Options
    January 2014 :-

yay.gifhappy_new_year_2011_by_dragonfly113-d365i25.gif = 7 Days AF

dance2.gif= 14 days AF

smiley-bravo.gif = 21 days AF

smiley_emoticons_saint.gif= 28 days AF

smiley-score010.gifwhoohoo2.gif= 31 days AF

yaysmilesa-smiley.gif = target achieved

AFoolWithMoney 4/31

AlexLK 1
    /14

ArsenalBarnie 1/10

AuntyCat

Baileysonice 1/15

Barny1979 6/31

Bliss /22

CuppaTea 6/22

DebJay 6/31

DoshWaster 2/31

Fruball 4
    /18

Gien 3/28

Green Karen 4/25

GreyCatLady 6/31

GWithBag 2/15

Jess The Cat 2/16

Jo1972 5/31

Judi 6/31

Lucy /31

Maman 1/10

Mummyto3boys 3/21

Munchin /16

MrsDee

NewRoadAhead 2/20

NewYearNewStart 2/30

NowisNow

PriceySOS 4 /24

RachelWW1 3/10

Satchmo 6/31

Shaggy 4/17

Stupotstu

Sukeyboo 2/15

The Green Lady /31

TillerGirl 5/31

TopGirl 6/31

Wanna Bee Free 1/14

WantToBeSE 4/30

YvieBlue 6/31

40 SomethingMum 1 /26

5 Year Plan 5/31

Everyone Welcome! It's never too late to join....

Please highlight your AFDs in Red

Don't hesitate to let me know if I've made a mistake!
  • shaggydoo
    Options
    365days wrote: »
    I was Paybacktime regularly shortened to PBT !

How's the quitting smoking going?? It must be really difficult?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure