🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

The Giving Up/ Cutting Down alcohol support thread - number 12

Options

Comments

• Fruball
    Fruball Posts: 5,739 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    jo1972 wrote: »
    I've failed :(

Easy done and the reason you are posting here is because you know you have 'a problem'.

What happened? Was it yesterday or today? If it is today, you could do some damage limitation by heading off to bed now and not do what I do and drink to excess ;)

Good for you for coming here and fessing up. It takes courage to do that (((hugs)))
  • Greytcatlady
    Options
    6/31 today please. I bought the bits and bobs for Virgin Mary today so will having some of that later.
  • debjay
    debjay Posts: 2,090 Forumite
    edited 6 January 2014 at 10:51PM
    Options
    6/31 for me too please.

Sorry for making my numbers so big. I can't edit them on my ipad once I've posted. I'll try and remember size 5 next time.
  • 365days
    365days Posts: 1,347 Forumite
    Options

Sh*t happens! Get back on it. xxx
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • 365days
    365days Posts: 1,347 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • Green_Karen
    Options

Pat yourself on the back for admitting, sharing it means you have made a committment to do something about it. You haven't shut off and disappeared, you have been brave and faced it.

I read something today about being as gentle with ourself as we would with someone else (not that I am always that gentle with others, I can be a real b***h!), but the point is we can be far more understanding with another who is struggling than ourselves.

As Fruball says, go for damage limitation, my bed can be my best friend :)

Another interesting thing I read recently is that 'being happy is only a thought away'. We can change how we feel with just one thought, it can work, not always for me, but I know it can.

4/25 AF for me tonight.
  • Wanna_Bee_Free
    Options
    You there Jo? Thoughts and hugs going out to you. Hoping you aren't going to beat yourself up. You know that thing about a stone being thrown into a pond and the pond having the right amount of ripples for the size of the pebble. xxx words aren't coming but hoping you get what I mean.

Hello 40SM, lovely to see you back on here, apart from your reason of course. Hello to Steve and all the new people too.

Shaggy, I'm off the starting block today 1/14. Thanks to a lovely bath and Fruball for apple and soda.

Good luck Thursday 365.
  • Wanna_Bee_Free
    Options
    Ignore mine and just read the other 2 Jo! much more eloquent!
  • judi24
    judi24 Posts: 2,272 Forumite
    Options
    wow some really interseting and thought provoking posts on here - well done everyone either for meeting targets or being brave enough to admit things are not going well - sometimes that's just as hard I think.

I am having real problems sleeping at the moment - I know its the stress i'm under but in the past I would of just had a bottle of wine and it would of helped me get off to sleep - might not have been the best sleep but at least it was sleep!!! Now i can't sleep at all!!!

Got a really busy morning tomorrow - got to try to sort out everything in case I end up having to go off sick - then I have the social services meeting in the afternoon - which I am dreading!!!!

I am going to look out some herbal sleeping tablets I think - I don't think I can cope tomorrow with no sleep!!!

Have managed 6/31 AFD's - and considering my stress levels I am heppy with that! just need to keep going!!!! and SLEEP!!!
  • rachelww1
    rachelww1 Posts: 680 Forumite
    Options
    3/10 here. Have had a lazy day today as work and school doesn't start til tomorrow. Have finally caught up on all the Xmas telly I recorded. Having a hot chocolate before bed, but don't think I'll be getting much sleep either as have a raging sore throat and headache.

As others have said, don't beat yourself up Jo. Keep posting and let us know how you are.
    LBM Dec 10. Total unsecured debt £41176 :eek: Nov 12 Debt Free Thanks Mum x RIP x

2013 Savings £250
    2013 OP £3500
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills