The Giving Up/ Cutting Down alcohol support thread - number 12

Options

Comments

• 365days
    365days Posts: 1,347 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • AlexLK
    AlexLK Posts: 6,125 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Jo: You aren't the only one. I promised myself I'd have an AFD today.
    2018 totals:
    Savings £11,200
    Mortgage Overpayments £5,500
  • jo1972
    jo1972 Posts: 8,901 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning all :) thanks for your messages :A

Had a really positive day yesterday, but funny how suddenly being chucked into your old routine can make you do the same old things, just couldn't drive home without stopping at the shop.

Oh well, onwards and upwards, might post on here at 4pm when I'm leaving work tonight to help me through the drive :)

Have a great day everyone. We'll all get there!

Thinking of you today Judi xxx
    DFW Nerd no. 496 - Proud to be dealing with my debts!!
  • Yvieblue
    Yvieblue Posts: 94 Forumite
    Options
    6/31 for yesterday.
    Good luck for today to all who are struggling x
  • AlexLK
    AlexLK Posts: 6,125 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Well, after yesterday (and early hours of today) I am absolutely, 100% NOT pouring myself a glass of anything containing alcohol over today. I suffered quite the embarrassment which has only served as a reminder that I really must cut this down.
    2018 totals:
    Savings £11,200
    Mortgage Overpayments £5,500
  • 40somethingmum
    Options
    gien wrote: »
    Great Posts to think about - thanks.

Welcome back 40SM, it's getting just like old times isn't it - where's YM, Barshamhillbilly and Molly Polly???

Thank you Gien. good to be back :) Funnily I was thinking about all our old crowd last night including those you have mentioned along with Lurkio, budget babe, Pippi and wondered how they are all doing.
  • 40somethingmum
    Options
    jo1972 wrote: »
    I've failed :(

Jo you have not failed, Think of it as a pot hole in the road of a very long journey. It may be an uncomfortable ride but you will get there in the end. I have faith in you:)

Love

40SMxx
  • 365days
    365days Posts: 1,347 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you Gien. good to be back :) Funnily I was thinking about all our old crowd last night including those you have mentioned along with Lurkio, budget babe, Pippi and wondered how they are all doing.

Pippi got married recently (In wellies) !! She has her own diary on here still.

Ah..the good old days! ;)
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • PriceySOS
    PriceySOS Posts: 815 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    4 please, Shaggy, thanks

So fantastic to be getting back into the routine :j

I found the Christmas period quite difficult - D?H was being very stubborn for much of the time :mad: DD1 revising for uni final exams first stage :eek:, DD2 had lots of uni work, DD3 A level work. Lots of treading on eggshells. :(

I spent a lot of time thinking about when I could have my next glass of white wine - I kept myself under control and had several AFDs, but it was very difficult :(

So I am very happy that we all got through it relatively unscathed and back to normal now :T:):j

Have a good week everybody, despite the weather. The days are getting longer :)
  • 40somethingmum
    Options
    Morning all,

Well yesterday I managed my first AFD in weeks. I wasn't easy though. Went to supermarket with DH and he said " are you sure you don't want wine ?" I nearly caved there and then but was determimed I was going to do it. DH kept asking throughout the evening whether I fancied a beer :mad::mad: . Bless him he didn't have any because he wanted to support me but there were a few times when I could have throttled him.

I kept myself busy making dinner , helping kids with school work etc. I then went up to bed to watch that new BBC drama - 7.39 . There was a scene in it where the main character was having dinner with his wife and he poured him self a glass of wine . It didn't make me want a drink but I liked the thought of it IYSWIM.

Did not sleep well , a mixture of weird and vivid dreams and hours of being awake . This always happens to me after abstaining after a long period of drinking but I know it will get better in a few days ( assuming I stay off the drink!)

It was the first day back at school for the boys to do . DS2 did not want to go so created a few problems this morning. My stress levels were sky-high and my first thought was to the glass of wine I would have later . I quickly kicked that thought into touch and replaced it with thoughts of me in bed by 9pm to watch the 2nd part of the drama with a cup of tea:) I 'm sure once I've had dinner, helped kids with homework etc I will be nearly there.

Anyway have a good day everyone XX

Nearly forgot 1/26 for me Shaggy

40SMxx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills