🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

The Giving Up/ Cutting Down alcohol support thread - number 12

Options

Comments

• Top_Girl
    Top_Girl Posts: 1,211 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    7/31 tonight :) Slippers are on, comfort food is prepared and early night for me, I am not sleeping at all well either, running on near empty right now.
  • 365days
    365days Posts: 1,347 Forumite
    Options
    Green Karen - I sympathise . I put on heaps of weight when I gave up drinking.

In the words of One Republic - Counting Stars.

I feel something so right
    By doing the wrong thing
    And I feel something so wrong
    By doing the right thing
    I couldn't lie, couldn't lie, couldn't lie
    Everything that kills me makes me feel alive
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • Greytcatlady
    Options
    7/31 for me today please.
  • Doshwaster
    Doshwaster Posts: 6,155 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 7 January 2014 at 10:39PM
    Options
    I'm happy to declare 7/31 tonight.

To be honest, it's been fairly easy and I haven't been tempted once. I even managed a few hours in the pub on Sunday afternoon - though it was a good reminder what what bollox men talk after a few pints each.
  • afoolwithmoney
    Options
    7/31 for me today please. Been quiet easy so far but Ive a feeling its probably the calm before the storm.. Im on guard all the time watch out when I start to relax!! Concerned that I packed in smoking & put on two stone in sixteen months & its not shifting. Cant afford to be doing that on conquering this addiction! Although I think my new addiction maybe following these threads!
  • judi24
    judi24 Posts: 2,272 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Jo for you're thoughts and well done on getting home without stopping!

Today has so been hard - I didn't sleep again and tried to focus on work this morning with great difficulty. The social worker came and i really don't know how I am supposed to feel about it all - she thinks the case conference will be next week sometime but I feel quite paranoid about it - I know my ex husband will be telling them all sorts of lies about me and will sit in the conference as if all he cares about is his kids! and I will have to sit there and take it!

I am so tired and sad and stressed all in one and would kill for a nice glass of crisp sauvingnon blanc!!!!
  • tiller_girl
    Options
    Dog tired and ready for bed, so it's 7/31 for me.
  • satchmo1
    satchmo1 Posts: 2,777 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well done Jo!

7/31 AFDs tonight.

I'm supposed to be low-carbing, but I snuck a couple of biscuits late-afternoon, despite having a pile of oranges and apples sat on my desk. I went scavenging in the kitchen for something sweet earlier, but thankfully didn't find anything.

Stay strong x
    What would you get if all you got was what you were thankful for?
  • jo1972
    jo1972 Posts: 8,901 Forumite
    Options
    Big hugs to you Judi, hope you have managed to relax this evening?

Still hanging on.... Not easy.

365, how does one change a 20+ year habit?
    DFW Nerd no. 496 - Proud to be dealing with my debts!!
  • 365days
    365days Posts: 1,347 Forumite
    Options
    Oh Jo...

I don't know how you are going to do it. I only know what worked for me.

2 questions for you?

You can post your answers here or keep them to your self.

Why do you want to drink?

Why do you want to stop drinking?

Don't keep anything back becasue you think it's silly. Every reason will be valid in some way.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport