Balancing not just the budget

Comments

• vasseur
    vasseur Posts: 3,090 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper Debt-free and Proud!
    It's all coming together :T
    It's not how far you fall - it's how high you bounce back.... :j
    Happiness is not a destination - it's a journey :)
  • RosaBernicia
    RosaBernicia Posts: 4,875 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Well the acting up money didn't come through this month due to switching payroll so am a bit peeved about that... was hoping to make a major dent in the OD. But it should be paid in arrears next month and as it happens I had put an OD-payment sized chunk of money aside for the dentist... and now my appointment isn't til nearly payday... so have transferred it back into the current account. That will be this month's OD reduction and the dentist can go on the CC for a few days til next payday.

Totals therefore now at £9,409 total debts and net status after today's payments and savings pots is £8,469.

That feels goood :D

Rosa xx
    Debt free May 2016... DFW#2 in progress
    Campervan paid off summer '21... MFW progress tbc
  • RosaBernicia
    In other news...

Disposed of extra sofa and am really pleased about it, the flat looks so much lighter. Also already picked up a Wilko's king size duvet cover to hopefully turn into a futon cover so will be trying that out tomorrow.

Once I could see the garden better it looked a tip :rotfl: so have been out there for an hour or so just shuffling pots around and pulling weeds out of the paving. It looks better already. Will have a proper clearout when I get a free sunny weekend and that will help with both how the garden looks and freeing up storage shed space to shift stuff out of the house.

Also put in for the potential new job - had positive feedback from the people recruiting but no idea how many others will apply. Interview early next week so everybody cross fingers please. I am hardly daring to believe that I would actually get the pay increase that should go with it, even though HR confirmed... it would be so fantastic for bumping off the debts. Really really hoping... :)

Have a day out with friends planned tomorrow and really need it, have been having trouble relaxing this week. Sunday will be either another day out or a bit of interview clothes shopping :D

Rosa xx
  • vasseur
    Everything crossed here for you Rosa. :)
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    polesalot wrote: »
    Everything crossed here for you Rosa. :)

Here too xx
  • RosaBernicia
    I got it :j I got it :j and it still hasn't really sunk in!

No confirmation of salary yet but speaking to new boss tomorrow for more details and hopefully to HR after that. It's a bit of an odd feeling and also a relief - I was getting seriously bored with the old job and it really is time to move on, especially as I've learnt so much and put in so much work to develop myself.

Thank you so much for all the good wishes :A, clearly it worked :T

Rosa xx
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Congratulations :D xx
  • RosaBernicia
    I think all the drama has suddenly caught up with me... am sooooo tired. Really need my long weekend!

Fortunately day off site and meeting with nice colleagues tomorrow... but must get up early :( because two of them are rather lovely men :D:rotfl: and although I've now dug out my summer dresses I haven't ironed them yet (they're hanging on the shower rail overnight to help).

Haven't got to the gym all week and not worrying about it, will get back to it when have finished spring cleaning. Notice I can already get back into the dresses I wore a couple of summers ago, so it's working and helping me think about what I eat. Though we won't talk about my diet today because it's been appalling and am just excusing myself due to all the drama.

Still haven't got confirmation of salary yet, but meeting of new team next week for more details of the secondment so will nag then.

Rosa xx
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Hey Rosa, been away for a bit so missed the run up to your interview but super duper well done on getting the new job! xx Flat sounds like it's coming along nicely too - makes me want to get on with the spring cleaning.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• vasseur
    Fantastic news Rosa :j well done :T
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback