Balancing not just the budget

Comments

• Oh and also the expenses I was expecting this month haven't turned up plus the Sm1le website has started doing something darn silly and insists on giving me transactions by statement date instead of allowing me to see what went where when. So will be swiftly closing that account if it's not sorted soon.

Breathe, breathe, be very glad I have booked Friday pm off and just enjoy the facial anyway.

Rosa xx
    Debt free May 2016... DFW#2 in progress
    Campervan paid off summer '21... MFW progress tbc
  • Well having madly tidied the whole flat and car on Saturday (and had a lovely day with friend yesterday) am now looking at clean flat and wondering where my resident guilt got to/ what I've forgotten.

Finally tried out online ordering only to realise that I've stocked up quite effectively in the last few weeks so don't need enough stuff to get the £12 off :rotfl:. Guess I'll just pop down there when I need something and try to stick to the list.

Have looked at the gym classes and am v annoyed to see that they don't have any yoga or Pilates classes on weekday evenings. So would only be able to do swim or gym. Am considering investigating the David Ll0yd but last time I did that, they refused to tell me a cost which I took to be a bad sign.

Didn't spend too much on the weekend either, I cooked for us on Friday night so only bought lunch out. We did have coffee too but they couldn't get the till to work and said they'd bring over the card thing... but didn't and we only realised when halfway down the stairs and they were closing. As the staff had spoken to us twice and nodded goodbye I don't feel too guilty, it's not like we were hiding!

Long day in the city tomorrow for a meeting so will try to have an early night. I've managed several of those in a row now and it's quite odd to wake up feeling OK and refreshed and un-resentful :rotfl:

Rosa xx

David Lloyd gyms are brilliant with a fab range of classes, but they are very very expensive :(
    Number of debts between us - 3 (2 @ 0%)
  • Shelski wrote: »
    David Lloyd gyms are brilliant with a fab range of classes, but they are very very expensive :(

Thanks... that was my suspicion :(

Am going to go and talk to the council one tomorrow night as even if I only do gym and swim, I could probably afford private lessons and still pay less than for DL. I also realised that now I have to get home and feed the cats I can't go straight to the DL one anyway.

My Quidco cashback from M0reTh4n has FINALLY come through - faster payer my ****. But that's an extra £60 which is very welcome and has taken the edge of the grumpiness :)

Rosa xx
  • RosaBernicia
    RosaBernicia Posts: 4,875 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    £140 for vet consultation and lab tests - little mog's sensitive tum is still not sorted
    £28 for Fel1way diffuser :(

£22 on underwear set which is going back :/

£30 on essential oil but it's going to be used in homemade stuff and will be very much paid for by not buying Lu5h things

Found really good local aromatherapy shop and can buy stuff there now instead of online - they even have a body cream which will be cheaper than my other option.

Haven't dared add it all up yet. :eek:

Also haven't made dentist appt which is good in that it can now happen after payday but very very bad because a) when I made the appointment I hadn't been for over a year and b) that was 3 months ago when they told me I needed this filling.

I also need to book an optician's appointment - if I haven't done it when I next post please shout at me.

Rosa xx
  • RosaBernicia
    OK adding up done - bad news is have about £105 left til payday (assuming I take off the £100 I wanted to pay to the OD). But that's after paying back the vet bill to the credit card, so I could drop the OD payment if I need to.

Good news is have FINALLY signed the papers for acting up to the next grade. It's only for a few months but means I can demonstrate the work on my CV. Should be a bit extra cash as well, but I don't know exactly how much yet. I may live to regret this as it's unlikely the extra cash will justify the extra hassle of managing the team I've now got to sort out...

CTax bill received and is about £2 a payment higher than last year's, so has gone up slightly. But I've already requested monthly payments so it should go down per month.

Still haven't booked dentist or opticians yet so deserve online nagging :o

Rosa xx
  • vasseur
    vasseur Posts: 3,090 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 16 March 2013 at 8:26PM
    Consider yourself nagged :D although I can hardly talk because I didn't go to the opticians for 5 years and I knew i needed to for at least 3 of those years. I have my new glasses now and I love them.

Good news on signing the new papers, hope it all works out with your new team.
    It's not how far you fall - it's how high you bounce back.... :j
    Happiness is not a destination - it's a journey :)
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    And I'm nagging you about the dentist - you only get one set of teeth (well adult teeth) and I've seen my mum go through the pain of nearly losing her teeth (partly due to not going and unfortunately partly due to issues a prev dentist missed) - thankfully our current dentist saved many of her teeth but it's the one thing I am religious about going to even though I don't particularly enjoy the experience.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• RosaBernicia
    Right, big reminder now in phone to make dentist and optician calls on Monday. I have Friday off so might be able to do the optician then - not the dentist though as it's graduation ceremony on Sat and don't want to risk hamster face in photos!

Currently brain working in background about what on earth to do with new team - suffice to say am inheriting something of a mess. Not one of the permanent staff comes without issues, there is no structure in place and there is total panic over moving to our new organisation... so something of a challenge! I guess I could just sit back and say 'only got it for a few months, can't fix it all, doing the minimum' but that's not me, and it needs sorting... and I do want to show I can run a team as will need it to work at the next level properly. So currently setting up meetings and picking friend's brains for positive examples of team management... any suggestions appreciated!

Also, I've joined a gym :eek::eek: . Just the local council one, as it's month by month. Set up to start membership next month and have appointment booked for assessment and induction - they're free if you take the monthly direct debit so worth doing for at least the first month and might get free month by referring friend who is also about to join :). Has required that I buy sports bra :( which I did today as am out all next weekend and don't intend going anywhere near town over Easter! Not cheap but goes on Brav1ssimo loyalty scheme so eventually 10% off :)

Finally getting nearly bored enough to start the ebay photos too :rotfl:

Rosa xx
  • RosaBernicia
    Well it's all a bit complicated this month but in short things are going OK.

As I'm transferring employers at the end of the month payroll are a bit swamped and I don't seem to have had two month's expenses or my backdated acting up money. I'm told it should come through on an extra run later in the month so have estimated it for now.

I have got my council tax over 12 months :j so that's going to save me about £20 on each monthly bill and make planning rather more straightforward. I've also been good and paid straight back to the credit card everything that got put on it this month. There are some extras that went on the OD as I went out with a friend who came down for the weekend and of course there was my train ticket to my graduation ceremony.

Graduation was OK but I had a fabulous catch-up with some lovely friends afterwards - several of them had travelled in and I was really touched. Also had some lovely messages on FB so feeling very grateful for my fab friends.

My estimates for this month put my total debt at only about £150 lower than last month - £9,820 - but because the savings pots are quite healthy the net status is FINALLY below £9K at £8,910 which I think is something to celebrate :j:beer::j

Also I haven't got anything major planned for April or May, my graduation photos etc was already paid for and I'm going to rearrange my flat over Easter rather than going away anywhere :rotfl:. The cats are still costing me a fortune as the little one's sensitive tummy still isn't right but other than that I hope costs will settle down a bit in the next couple of months.

We get a 1% pay increase which should about cover the increase to my pension contributions, and I'm hoping that the extra tax allowance will give me a little extra in my pay each month (and I do mean a little, it will probably only add up to about £10).

Apart from that the only money news is that I have a mystery charge from Pr1mu5 for £19 :mad: - very odd since I paid the line rental in advance and they are only supposed to be billing me 99p/month for the internet... glad I spotted that and will be chasing them up.

Not much excitement in the rest of my life, just had a chilled and lovely time last weekend and hoping to do the same for the 4-day one coming :)

Rosa xx
  • RosaBernicia
    Moaned at Primu5 who have said er, ah, oops, and promised that I'll get a refund shortly.

My N0ddle credit report has gone up a notch which is nice but a bit odd because they seem to have misplaced the balance transfer I sent between one card and another - both only seem to have the lower total on the report :rotfl: Also v pleased to realise that after I return a couple of things my expensive card should drop below £3K :) the other one isn't but that's low life of balance so better.

And am a bit taken aback to realise how much petrol is costing me. Going to have to try and get that down.

Bought a couple of presents today but both easily covered by the fund and transferred straight back to the current a/c. Also a sweatshirt for a whole £5 in charity shop so not busting the clothes challenge too badly just yet (I'm not going to count gym clothes, but this was just for wearing at home so has gone on the general total).

In other news have reshuffled furniture, decided to get rid of one of the sofas, dealt with the patches of mould I discovered :eek: in the corners while furniture shifting and decided I might have a go at making a cover for my futon rather than paying for one. After all, I have a sewing machine sitting idle :D and it's only basically a bag so can't go all that wrong.

Managed to get a couple of things dried on the line today so hoping it will be OK tomorrow too. This flat is too small to have the drying rack out constantly, it drives me bonkers :/

Going walking with friends on Monday so that will be good :)

Rosa xx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family