RosaBernicia Posts: 4,875 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Hm, maybe. Or maybe I should just get on with finding myself a boyfriend :D

Rosa xx
    Debt free May 2016... DFW#2 in progress
    Campervan paid off summer '21... MFW progress tbc
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Hm, maybe. Or maybe I should just get on with finding myself a boyfriend :D

Rosa xx

Perhaps ask the cute guy at work? ;):rotfl:

Good luck with sewing the futon cushion - knickers do sound more fun but would deff have to be a large pair of bloomers to cover a futon:rotfl: Would love a sewing machine myself, esp for some of the pole costumes I do, but they can be so expensive I don't know if I can justify the cost.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• katejo
    katejo Posts: 3,813 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    kerri_gt wrote: »
    I know what you mean, I sometimes feel a bit iffy giving out my address for freecycle - do you have a male friend that could be around when the sofa is collected perhaps - he could bring some shoes to leave by the door and perhaps a couple of tops to leave around the place if you want to make his presence really convincing .

I know what you mean but I have given a fair number of items away via Freecycle with no problem. i am usually on my own when the item is collected. I don't give my address until I have made a definite offer to someone.
  • RosaBernicia
    Perhaps ask the cute guy at work? ;):rotfl:

Working on it :D

Good luck with sewing the futon cushion - knickers do sound more fun but would deff have to be a large pair of bloomers to cover a futon:rotfl: Would love a sewing machine myself, esp for some of the pole costumes I do, but they can be so expensive I don't know if I can justify the cost.

I'm rather justifying mine after the event :o. I got mine a couple of years ago mainly using birthday money and it was a good deal for that machine at £180. I basically wanted to be able to make curtains etc once I found out what they cost on the high street! so I figured it would save money over its lifetime. It's had no exercise in the meantime as I got distracted with work, masters etc but now I have the time it makes sense to get onto it.

Rosa xx
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    I'm rather justifying mine after the event :o. I got mine a couple of years ago mainly using birthday money and it was a good deal for that machine at £180. I basically wanted to be able to make curtains etc once I found out what they cost on the high street! so I figured it would save money over its lifetime. It's had no exercise in the meantime as I got distracted with work, masters etc but now I have the time it makes sense to get onto it.

Rosa xx

I can sew quite well / neatly by hand but a machine really would be handy for things like when I re-stuffed the three cushions on the back of one of our sofas, was such a pain stitching them back up after when a sewing machine would have done the job in a jiffy. Even having a maxi dress shortened last year at a dry cleaners irked me as I could have easily done that on a machine at home. Perhaps I'll have to start putting some pennies away each month and save up for one.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• RosaBernicia
    OK well the spring clean is still going :)

Have shredded a carrier bag full of old receipts plus all the non-needed ones that were cluttering the kitchen table. Also did a bit more tidying, mended a storage box and cooked properly for the first time in ages (haven't quite got sorted for both cooking and gym, need to get that better organised) so have lunch for tomorrow too.

Spent quite a bit in town today :o as I bought another gym top and stocked up on Lu5h basics. Also had to replace the headphones for my phone. So not so much of a buffer left for the month but hardly moaning.

Rosa xx
  • vasseur
    vasseur Posts: 3,090 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper Debt-free and Proud!

1kea do a sewing machine for £60. I bought mine about 18 years ago for £125 so I thought the 1kea one was quite good value. It has all the bits you'd need on it.
    It's not how far you fall - it's how high you bounce back.... :j
    Happiness is not a destination - it's a journey :)
  • vasseur
    vasseur Posts: 3,090 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper Debt-free and Proud!
    Rosa you could buy a king size duvet cover in material you like for the futon. Was thinking Wilk0s as they are good value in there. Would there be enough material there?
    It's not how far you fall - it's how high you bounce back.... :j
    Happiness is not a destination - it's a journey :)
  • RosaBernicia
    polesalot wrote: »
    Rosa you could buy a king size duvet cover in material you like for the futon. Was thinking Wilk0s as they are good value in there. Would there be enough material there?

Ooooh you are a genius! :A :j

I'll measure it up but I think the double duvet pretty much drapes over it so a king size should do. And there's a Wilko's near work. Will investigate :D

Rosa xx
  • RosaBernicia
    edited 17 April 2013 at 12:02AM
    In other news... have just been to the gym again, and am really liking it!! :huh: :eek: :D

Stretching and exercising has definitely loosened up all sorts of postural issues and I already feel much more toned. I've also been eating a bit more carefully and am hoping that's also helping. Will book a review at the end of the month and see then.

As I expected, the extra money for acting up is going to be well earned since the team I have taken on are just as unhappy as I thought (for various reasons to do with previous stuff, not with me yet lol). I've got one nightmare member of staff to manage but that person is already well known to HR and the director so it's a question of doing the best I can.

There is a longer term similar post coming up which would be another salary jump and I am hoping to talk to the relevant people soon. I know them so am hoping that they will give me a chance or sensible feedback - though one of them is also a previous coach and did suggest I could apply for this kind of role. So fingers crossed - it wouldn't be easy but it would be so fantastic to really make a dent in the debts sooner.

And I've been offered some more help with trying again next year for the scary interview :) so am really pleased about that too. I'm beginning to feel like things are moving now and perhaps some of all that hassle will pay off.

Just need to make sure I don't get too distracted by work again. So gym til relative's wedding to get in shape and confidence up, then man-hunt :D

Rosa xx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family