Balancing not just the budget

Options

Comments

• RosaBernicia
    RosaBernicia Posts: 4,877 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    thank you DIA and Beanie

In honour of discussions elsewhere about imperfection and the cracks where the light gets in...

Cracks
    • I still haven't brushed the carp off the stairs even though robovac has saved me vacuuming the actual floors
    • I haven't dismantled the last piece of furniture which turned out to be too broken to go with the charity stuff, which means that my living room has been a tip since Tuesday and will now stay that way til Sunday
    • I have just washed my hair but only after realising what a disaster it looked in the work loos today - it should have been done yesterday
    • My skin is blotched to **** after being ill
    • I still haven't sent the three short emails I am supposed to do for extra contract and that I have now received two reminders about
    • I have only just accepted that fighting/ resenting/ ignoring a minor health condition makes it worse and prevents me doing things, after a review appointment with a brilliant pharmacist who tactfully pointed out they know fine well it is not managed because I get through the meds too fast. I've had it since childhood. Slow learner :rotfl:
    • I am in dire need of Pilates/ yoga/ walking/ exercise in general - my posture is getting appalling and I could do with shifting a little weight and toning the rest
    • I'm not even going to tell you the state of the garden except that it's a mess compared to the neighbours

Light coming in

• It is darn silly to make myself ill when there is no need - that's a whole lot more stupid than admitting I need to change medication. There is good care available and offered to me free - how mad have I been to turn it away?
    • I will sort the furniture and tidy the living room on Sunday. Then I need one more Swedish store trip which can be a weekend, or I might take a half day and take a friend with me so that it's fun
    • When the living room is sorted and now that the robot hoover is here, I will be able to do floor exercises again :)
    • I'm going to see one of my very best friends tomorrow, who will cheer me up and make me eat properly and we're going to a style event which will give me lots of ideas on how I want to look which will help motivate me to exercise
    • The house is making progress. It's so nearly there, I just need to be patient.

I should probably do this every week along with the money shuffles :rotfl:

Rosa xx
    Debt free May 2016... DFW#2 in progress
    Campervan paid off summer '21... MFW progress tbc
  • RosaBernicia
    Options
    Update - have now sent the emails, and made slight progress with organising related folders. Babysteps...
  • moneyonmymindsam
    Options
    Talking of style.

Well today I tried on some very expensive jeans still BNWT in my wardrobe £195 ( :eek:) and I could get them on and zipped up but so skinny I could not walk or breathe sooo after thinking for a second but I still do look really fabulous in them, I then toppled over and knocked my head - which actually knocked some sense in to me - so they will be going on fleabay :D silver lining in all that.

You must look after you - I actually think you are incredible :D
    and very organised, don't be so hard on you so what if the stairs still have some fluff :rotfl: :cool:

Boo to the electric - appreciate that's really stressful but glad to hear its in hand. :T
    Grocery challenge Feb £107/£100-epic fail due to cake and biscuits
    🌟
  • moneyonmymindsam
    Options
    thank you DIA and Beanie

In honour of discussions elsewhere about imperfection and the cracks where the light gets in...

Cracks
    • I have only just accepted that fighting/ resenting/ ignoring a minor health condition makes it worse and prevents me doing things, after a review appointment with a brilliant pharmacist who tactfully pointed out they know fine well it is not managed because I get through the meds too fast. I've had it since childhood. Slow learner :rotfl:

Rosa xx

What is the saying ..all the best people are mad ..? ;)

Now having visions of you being a mental lady with like 200 moggies on the stairs :rotfl: that would defo explain the fluff :D

Sam x
    🌟
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,334 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Baby steps are good :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,764 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    [*]I'm going to see one of my very best friends tomorrow, who will cheer me up and make me eat properly and we're going to a style event which will give me lots of ideas on how I want to look which will help motivate me to exercise
    Sounds wonderful. such a good idea for a girly day out. I hope it went well :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,168 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Still smiling at the 'cracks are where the lights get in'. I did wash my hair last night in the end, badly, in the bath but better than not at all. Its sticky rather than dirty today :o

How much for jeans Sam :eek:
  • RosaBernicia
    Options
    Yes Sam, clearly all the best people are mad :D I have owned shoes that have made me fall over, and bottles of alcohol, and occasionally curse the cats for trying it, but never managed to cause it with jeans :rotfl:

Stairs will probably get sorted today along with taking furniture apart, though I make no promises as to whether it will make it to the tip - will most likely be hidden behind the bins for now.

Had a great day at style event, came home with a couple of things that fit my usual style and one gorgeous piece that is an unusual colour for me, but looks fab. And won a great prize on the raffle :)

Rosa xx
  • moneyonmymindsam
    Options
    Glad to hear you had a great time :T
    🌟
  • RosaBernicia
    Options
    Sunday shuffles...

Too much work done today, doesn't feel like I got any chill time so must try and avoid that in future and balance a bit better. Some garden work done, old furniture dismantled and put by bins, new furniture put together. Haven't got the room sorted again but at least that's less of a job and can be done bit by bit. *all together now* Progress not perfection...

Accounts are ok - one transaction appears to have disappeared between statements on the CC, and I had to ring the bank to find out about a mysterious small payment with just a numerical reference that I didn't recognise. Because I couldn't sleep anyway, I rang at 4am and checked it with the supposed fraud department who were most unhelpful and told me it was probably just an error generated as the account updates went through and to ring customer services if it was still there at 8! Just as well it turned out to be a cheque :rotfl:

Still no tax bill, and I have a payment demand from the old electricity supplier who told me they would be taking the money by direct debit :mad: so will have to waste time ringing them tomorrow.

Need to build the small buffer pots back up again as the medical one has been decimated by taxi fares and prescription charges, and there isn't much in the vet bills one either. Still, payday not all that far off now. I made a small overpayment to the mortgage just because it should mean it gets below another £1k mark with the next monthly payment. Budget is otherwise looking ok so far, I can't think of any planned spends before payday except for petrol next weekend and will be staying with family so that will be a cheap trip otherwise. Fingers crossed for a little bit left over but not counting chickens etc.

Cracks and lighting still in progress too :D

Rosa xx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills