Balancing not just the budget

Options

Comments

• kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    MuffinTops wrote: »
    I still find the scanning a bit annoying but I've got a great balance with them. I will cancel the TV and Internet monitoring when I move though as it feels a bit intruding now. But it boosted my amount to over £200 earned last year with the food on the go app too. That can really ease Christmas payments.

MTxx

That's exactly why I didn't sign up to the tv and internet monitoring.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• RosaBernicia
    Options
    MuffinTops wrote: »
    I still find the scanning a bit annoying but I've got a great balance with them. I will cancel the TV and Internet monitoring when I move though as it feels a bit intruding now. But it boosted my amount to over £200 earned last year with the food on the go app too. That can really ease Christmas payments.

MTxx

I'm fortunate that most of my Christmas people are equally frugal so it's okay covered with my gifts budget - or at least was last year, suppose that could be famous last words!
    Debt free May 2016... DFW#2 in progress
    Campervan paid off summer '21... MFW progress tbc
  • moneyonmymindsam
    Options
    How things? Hope all is well.

Sam x
    Grocery challenge Feb £107/£100-epic fail due to cake and biscuits
    🌟
  • RosaBernicia
    Options
    How things? Hope all is well.

Sam x

Hello awesome 3bay champ

All good here thank you, hope you are too

Rosa xx
  • RosaBernicia
    Options
    A Saturday shuffle this time, just because I happened to be doing receipts and decided to catch it all up in one go...

All looking OK. I've renewed my contents insurance and they have agreed to shift it to the new address when I move, plus I got the buildings insurance sorted. The two together came to under £170 which I'm really pleased with as it's my current insurer who were brilliant when I did make a claim (it's the pink ladies one, if you're interested) and it beat the supposedly lowest option from the broker by £30 :D . I will go back to her for mortgage and life cover though and see what she can come up with. I had the money for contents insurance already put aside in its pot and the buildings has just come out of the 'home ownership' pot that I created for moving, furniture, etc and hopefully eventually overpayments :D

I've renewed my YNAB subscription after a minor panic when the card they held turned out to be expired - the idea of losing access to YNAB :eek::eek: - that would not be good - it's probably still the best value £35 I spend in a year.

Noticed that the reward on my Hfx account has gone down, and as I no longer have the ISA with them I'm thinking I will switch this account. The C00p have a switch incentive on that I think I would be eligible for and the rewards would be better on that, so that would make sense. Not sure whether to do it now, so it's all sorted before I move and I can just tell them the new address, or leave it til I'm done. I will probably have loads to get on with then and I suppose it would get me the £110 faster to do it now...

I must also phone the broadband tomorrow as the contract runs out in a couple of days and I want to know what they will do about the move - I have a feeling it's a different cost area so need to check with them. I have Plu5net and they've been fab so would be happy to stick with them if it looks reasonable.

A few social things need sorting but it's all waiting on moving dates so just keep fingers crossed a while longer please!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend

Rosa xx
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    I've renewed my contents insurance and they have agreed to shift it to the new address when I move, plus I got the buildings insurance sorted. The two together came to under £170 which I'm really pleased with as it's my current insurer who were brilliant when I did make a claim (it's the pink ladies one, if you're interested) and it beat the supposedly lowest option from the broker by £30 :D
    Glad to hear it's going well. Thanks for this heads-up
    DIA x
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • RosaBernicia
    RosaBernicia Posts: 4,887 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Glad to hear it's going well. Thanks for this heads-up
    DIA x

There is also cashback on TCB for them ;) - about £29 IIRC. (I didn't do it this time as needed to talk to them to agree that they would allow the change of address, otherwise the admin charge would have cost more than the cashback, but I would normally.)

Rosa xx
  • RosaBernicia
    RosaBernicia Posts: 4,887 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Account switch applied for, ShopNScan done :)
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Account switch applied for, ShopNScan done :)

Ohh th jams you've just reminded me I need to do mine tonight.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• Tinkerbelle2000
    Options
    Hi Rosa

All sounding good for the move, I still have my fingers crossed for you that all goes easy with the move. Mine is in seven weeks so not packing up much yet but I just can't wait to get out of this place.

You are doing better than I did with Shop n Scan. I must admit I only lasted a few months, I wasn't disciplined enough with myself but it was a few years ago. I would probably be better now and thinking of the money you are earning.

I just still can't get my head round updating my YNAB although I am still keeping my spreadsheet up to date. I love the fact that you know how many days old your money is. I know I said I would do it for the New Year but as my outgoings will be changing when I move I might as well wait until then now.

Take care.

Tink xx
    As of 31st December 2018 Total Debt = £15837.59
    DEBT 1 - £41.10 DEBT 2 - £257.41 DEBT 3 - £584.12 DEBT 4 - £700.00
    DEBT 5 - £655.02 DEBT 6 - £669.18 DEBT 7 - £3448.00 DEBT 8 - £2169.12
    DEBT 9 - £2964.25 DEBT 10 - £4349.39
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts