Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Virgin Atlantic ONLY

Options

Comments

• vln
    vln Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    We have now received our court date for flight VS074 6th June 2013 - its 29th November.
    Originally hearing was to be held locally - then moved to Horsham which made sense to hold it locally to VA given the alleged amount of people claiming.
    Although.... along with the court date we have now been advised of yet another change of hearing location.... to DURHAM!!!!!
    Absolutely no idea why???
  • tcraft13
    Options
    Hi

This is my first post so hoping I am posting in the right place.

I am after some advice has anyone got compensation for flight VS50 Orlando to Gatwick on 26/09/11?
    Virgin have denied compensation due to EC.
    They have said 'flight delayed because of a fuel leak which wasn't apparent until they refuelled the aircraft shortly before the departure of the inbound aircraft'
    I take this to mean it was delayed due to a problem with another flight and our flight was affected because of this?

I have had a look at the other posts but cannot see any other fuel leak issues.
    Or should I be looking at the fact the flight was delayed due to a problem ( ie a technical fault on another plane)

Can you advise whether I should continue and go down the legal route.
    It was a once in a lifetime holiday I paid for all 8 family members to go.

Hoping someone can advise me please?

Thank you so much
  • 111KAB
    111KAB Posts: 3,645 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    tcraft13 - appears technical problem was with an earlier flight so this dilutes Virgin's use of the extraordinary circumstances wording which is further diluted by the fact that technical problems are ordinary events in the airline industry not extraordinary. So basically Virgin have such a weak argument that you should proceed with a claim against the airline.
  • tcraft13
    Options
    Thank you so much 111KAB.

I will let you know how it goes, must admit it was only when I was typing out the message that I noticed the words''before the departure of the inbound aircraft' .Up unti then I thought it was saying the fuel leak was on our aircraft.

So will take your advice and go on with the process, next stage court I guess.
  • Jupiler
    Jupiler Posts: 30 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    David_e wrote: »
    Well done!

Can you give details (on here or by PM) please of the technical fault? Virgin are defending my claim which sounds very similar!

Sorry for the delay in responding.

The technical fault was with an air-conditioning unit on an inbound plane earlier that morning. Our departure was delayed while the faulty unit was replaced.
  • raft01
    Options
    vln wrote: »
    We have now received our court date for flight VS074 6th June 2013 - its 29th November.
    Originally hearing was to be held locally - then moved to Horsham which made sense to hold it locally to VA given the alleged amount of people claiming.
    Although.... along with the court date we have now been advised of yet another change of hearing location.... to DURHAM!!!!!
    Absolutely no idea why???

Good luck! We have sent chaser to CAA as had no reply from original request. We did receive a cheque from Virgin for expenses incurred during the overnight stay for drinks, toiletries etc.
  • Natony46
    Natony46 Posts: 21 Forumite
    Options
    Seems like there are going to be multiple hearings at multiple courts concerning VS074 (delayed flight from Orlando 7th June 2013). does this mean that VAA are going to take a huge gamble on their EC for pilot illness or try and scare a few off with bully tactics.......no mediation - straight to court hearing. Thoughts please.
  • chinamanlow
    Options
    I did complaint to CAA about no reason from virgin just go away on time limit , and THEY HAVENT MOVED on it, I complained about them taking ages as well and they said ill have to wait......theyre inundated with complaints about being fobbed off !!!
  • SafeT
    Options
    Message for Vauban. i am a new poster with a court date with Virgin on 4th November for two >24hr delayed flights to Orlando and i am an admirer of your posts to date!
    Would you be so kind as to share your skeleton argument in order that i can prepare my court bundle? I will of course share my experience and hopefully successful outcome after the hearing as i do not wish to offer any advantage or comfort to Virgin ahead of my day in court,
    Regards, SafeT.
  • Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    SafeT wrote: »
    Message for Vauban. i am a new poster with a court date with Virgin on 4th November for two >24hr delayed flights to Orlando and i am an admirer of your posts to date!
    Would you be so kind as to share your skeleton argument in order that i can prepare my court bundle? I will of course share my experience and hopefully successful outcome after the hearing as i do not wish to offer any advantage or comfort to Virgin ahead of my day in court,
    Regards, SafeT.

PM me your email address and I'll try to help.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure