Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Easyjet ONLY

Options

Comments

• CobyBenson
    Options
    Hi len49,

You need to fill in Form EX107 and send 1 copy to the Court and another to an approved transcription company (Just search Google).

The Court won't charge a fee for this, but the transcription company will.

When's your Hearing? It can sometimes take several weeks to get a copy of the transcript.
  • len49
    len49 Posts: 43 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Coby

Thank you very much for your advice. My Hearing has been deferred awaiting the outcome of Huzar so heaven knows when that'll be. Thought it best to be prepared in advance.

Best wishes

len49
  • Mofojojo
    Mofojojo Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    CobyBenson wrote: »
    I think this is going to be a tricky claim.

Manchester Airport reported the flight as landing at 00:20, i.e. EXACTLY 3 hours after the scheduled arrival time.

Legally, the right to compensation kicks in at 3 hours, so that's not a problem. Also, the arrival time should be judged from when the aircraft came to a standstill, not when the wheels touched down.

I suspect easyJet will argue (in addition to extraordinary circs) that the flight landed less than 3 hours late.

Your problem's going to be that easyJet's computer systems automatically record the landing times and I reckon a Judge would always favour EJ's evidence over flightstats for example.

Yes after reading through the information I guess they probably will try to argue it and it is so close to the 3 hours.
    Regardless of the delayed flight, I also want to make a complaint about how they handled the situation. Should I keep those two issues separate and send a letter outlining a claim for compensation only due to the delay?
  • CobyBenson
    Options
    Yes, I'd be inclined to keep the 2 issues separate.
  • Mofojojo
    Mofojojo Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you for your help
  • nonleague
    Options
    Hi, I have a problem with Easyjet refusing to payout compensation for a delayed flight of 3hrs 30 mins as they are trying to say it is 'Extra Ordinary' Circumstances.

There are 3 people on the booking (actually 5 travelling in total as two are on a seperate booking) and we were due to fly from Prague to Bristol on the 25th November. The actual delayed time upon landing was 3hrs 3mins so this falls under regulation EC261/2004.

I have a screenshot from Easyjets website that documents the plane as being late by 3hrs 3mins and I have an email from Easyjet apologizing for the delayed flight which was due to a 'technical fault' with the plane.

Now, what happened was that the plane that was expected to take us from Prague - Bristol, was on-route from Amsterdam - Prague, but experienced a technical fault so was diverted to Berlin. So Easyjet had to send a plane from France to come and collect us and take us to Bristol.

In my eyes this delay is solely the fault of Easyjet and surely they must be held accountable.

Please can you advise me whether I am correct or not, and if so, what my next steps should be? I have asked Easyjet to put what they have told me into writing giving the reason and an explanation of that reason as to why they will not be paying compensation.

Thank you in advance!
  • 111KAB
    111KAB Posts: 3,645 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    nonleague wrote: »
    Please can you advise me whether I am correct or not, and if so, what my next steps should be? I have asked Easyjet to put what they have told me into writing giving the reason and an explanation of that reason as to why they will not be paying compensation.

Wait for letter > issue NBA > 14 days later either issue court claim or appoint NWNF > sometime later sit back and enjoy a nice glass of bubbly!
  • David_e
    David_e Posts: 1,498 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    nonleague wrote: »

Read the FAQs. You'll find all you need there and lots of helpful information on how to progress your claim.
  • kureno
    Options
    Quick success story:

I flew with easyjet earlier this year and my flight was delayed for around 5 hours due to technical problems (they had to fly an alternative aircraft over for the flight).

I sent the template E-Mail from MSE and recieved an E-Mail from easyjet saying they would look into it. Around 2 weeks later I recieved an E-Mail saying that my refund had been processed and would arrive within 15-20 working days.

I did not recieve the refund after this time so contacted them. They asked me to provide some card confirmation and apologised for the wait. The refund was in my bank less than a week later.

Quick and simple, thankyou so much MSE!
  • David_e
    David_e Posts: 1,498 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    kureno wrote: »
    I did not recieve the refund after this time so contacted them. They asked me to provide some card confirmation and apologised for the wait. The refund was in my bank less than a week later.

When you say "refund" I assume you mean that and not compensation? How much was the refund and what was the flight? They may have been keen to refund you if it cost them less than the compensation you are probably due.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback