Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Jet2.com ONLY

Options

Comments

• howticklediam
    Options
    New to this forum and have just received my "extraordinary circumstances" letter for the cause of our 7 hour delayed flight in September coming home from Dubrovnik. If I write asking what the technical fault was, what is the chance of them telling me exactly the reason? The customer services team take months to respond and I don't know whether I have the patience to pursue a claim even though I'd hate Jet 2 to get away with it. Apart from the Huzar case, have any of you actually received compensation? Has anyone gone through any of the solicitors who come up on google when you put in flight delay compensation? I know they would take a percentage but are they more successful of winning rather than private individuals taking action.

They won't engage or do anything but write letters to delay proceedings unless you start a case. I would recommend a no-win-no-fee as they know what questions to ask.
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,548 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Skid_Marks wrote: »
    Have you requested an update from Eudelay after their success at Mansfield Court on Monday of this week against Jet2?
    It would be interesting to learn why they haven't progressed your claim.

I actually put the name wrong it was EUClaim/Bott (have corrected post)
    I have just logged into my claim to check status and see
    "Bott & Co. are dealing with your claim and are corresponding with the airline. Any updates or correspondence can be requested directly from Bott & Co via aviation@bottonline.co.uk" so I will give them a nudge
  • Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Caz3121 wrote: »
    I actually put the name wrong it was EUClaim/Bott (have corrected post)
    I have just logged into my claim to check status and see
    "Bott & Co. are dealing with your claim and are corresponding with the airline. Any updates or correspondence can be requested directly from Bott & Co via aviation@bottonline.co.uk" so I will give them a nudge

I'm afraid I've asked Bott not to pay you. As you've acquired (and shared) so much important knowledge, we simply can't risk you getting paid and leaving the forum. I hope you understand. ;)
  • Skid_Marks
    Options
    Caz3121 wrote: »
    Any updates or correspondence can be requested directly from Bott & Co via aviation@bottonline.co.uk" so I will give them a nudge

I hope you have more joy with Bott & Co than a friend of mine........they appear to have overstretched themselves and not been answering his e-mails to this address!
  • howticklediam
    Options
    Tried to pm you. I'm not sure if it's got through. The messaging on this bb isn't great.
  • Justice44
    Options
    Hi all,,
    Can't find my way around where my original post on my delayed american airline flight ,I am pleased to share the "notice before action template" on the Vaubanpost has yielded for me promptly.American airline eventually accepted my flight was delayed over 4hrs and would pay compensation. Thanks for the useful post and forum
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Bumped to the top for noobs
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • NoviceAngel
    NoviceAngel Posts: 2,271 Forumite
    edited 25 January 2015 at 11:51AM
    Options
    I haven't missed much then? It's good to be home!!

Catching up on the last four weeks, I was dissapointed to read that our very own mrtonygibsons case has been stayed until after the Liverpool, Bott 'test' case...

Absolutely barmy that another stay was lifted in Mansfield, while others are further stayed due to Liverpool ?!?!?

Ohh and just to stick my two penneth in about the Jet2 two year rule. It's a load of hogwash, and a disgrace that they are trying to force you to waive your legal rights of redress by a simple tick box.

This reminds me of my BT case, long story, they were also relying on unfair T & C's. They settled out of Court. My argument is simple, a contract has to be fair to both parties, if it isn't it could and should be ruled unfair by a Judge, I would never accept this latest two year claptrap. By the way I'm hoping for a job working for J2, writing their T and C's......

In order to make a booking with J2 you must tick this box and agree our T & C's

1) By flying with us, you should expect to be delayed, because we buy shoddy aircraft from all over the world that other reputable airlines are getting rid of because they are unreliable and likely to cause passenger delays.

2) You also agree to waive ALL your legal rights that you are due under EC261/2004. Therefore when you are delayed, you will not be given drinks/food let alone financial compensation.

3) in the event of an emergency on board during flight, you will be given the opportunity to purchase a life vest it does come with a free whistle & torch to attract attention, and the batteries for the torch only cost 10 Euros but stocks are limited..

Ok I joke, but I wouldn't put it past them, they are a disgrace to Yorkshire and lets just hope that finally Liverpool can sort this sham of an airline Company out....

By the way JP, It would appear that I haven't been silenced just yet my friend :beer::beer:

:A I'm BACK :A
    After reading PtL Vaubans Guide , please don't desert us, hang around and help others!

Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • MrsVeryCross
    Options
    Watched Martin on Friday night which prompted me to dig out my reply from Jet2 dated January 2013 for a flight delayed in 2011. Jet2 said that I was not entitled to compensation as the delay was "caused by an unexpected flight safety shortcoming". I am now confused after watching the TV to whether the law has changed or if this is once again worth pursuing. Please can anyone clarify?
  • 111KAB
    111KAB Posts: 3,645 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Watched Martin on Friday night which prompted me to dig out my reply from Jet2 dated January 2013 for a flight delayed in 2011. Jet2 said that I was not entitled to compensation as the delay was "caused by an unexpected flight safety shortcoming". I am now confused after watching the TV to whether the law has changed or if this is once again worth pursuing. Please can anyone clarify?

Almost definitely worth pursuing but do not expect an easy ride with these jokers. They will continue to confuse you so if not willing to be confused use a no win no fee to get around three quarters back.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure