Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Ryanair ONLY

edited 13 October 2017 at 12:22PM in Flight Delay Compensation
3.7K replies 624.4K views
14950525455375

Replies

  • JPearsJPears Forumite
    4.9K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mark2spark wrote: »
    One would just argue (in court) that the spirit of the regulation, - ie greater consumer protection - when read in conjunction with the pre-ambles, makes it clear that the idea is that EC's only apply to specific acts to a specific flight on a specific day.
    NOT a loophole for airlines to twist and spin to get out of with.

    Made not one jot of difference to my judge. Whilst an eyebrow was raised at the notion that the WHOLE premise of Reg261/2004 was to prevent airlines f*****g around with passengers for their convenience and that they had 8 years to get their house in order, he was more concerned about the current financial viability to make reasonable arrangments for additional crew and aircraft to allow a degree of slack in the system.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

    The alleged Ringleader.........
  • It seems Blondmark has redacted all his posts in the Ryanair thread. Is this because of a gagging order? Or has a deal been struck?
  • Dr_WatsonDr_Watson Forumite
    451 Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    It seems Blondmark has redacted all his posts in the Ryanair thread. Is this because of a gagging order? Or has a deal been struck?

    Surmise and presumption ...only blondmark could say.
    One thing is for sure blondmark was a real thorn in Ryanair's side on this forum....
    They are big boots to fill, but what satisfaction the role must bring...being Ryanair's constant thorn in their side....
    Successfully sued Ryanair in 2013/14...and have been 'helping' litigants since then.

    Current known score:-
    Dr Watson 35 - 0 Ryanair / Ince and Co

    Go to post 622 on the Ryanair thread to read how to sue them safely.
  • fifekenfifeken Forumite
    2.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dr_Watson wrote: »
    Surmise and presumption ...

    Or educated guess based on the evidence?

    He hasn't posted under that username for over 4 months, and his posts in other airline threads all remain.

    Certainly something interesting going/gone on.
  • 111KAB111KAB Forumite
    3.6K Posts
    Technical problem is not an extraordinary circumstance therefore as delay was over 3 hours pax on this flight are entitled to 250€ per person compensation .....


    http://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/ryanair-flight-leaves-shannon-for-london-seven-hours-late-1.1640772
  • Ryanair have chosen to ignore my claim for flight delay compensation by not replying to my letters and emails. I had a text from them after we landed stating that they would not pay any money compensation due to our delay been extrardinary circumstances, it was a six hour delay and i took a picture on my phone of the departure board showing a technical delay.
    I now want to issue a court claim via the european small claims procedure, i just want to check i get the procedure correct.
    Is it as simple as using form A on the court website filling it in with all the relavent details and taking it to my local court with the fee and then waiting for the court to make a decision.
    Any suggestions would be most welcome.
  • Dr_WatsonDr_Watson Forumite
    451 Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    clunky1965 wrote: »
    Ryanair have chosen to ignore my claim for flight delay compensation by not replying to my letters and emails. I had a text from them after we landed stating that they would not pay any money compensation due to our delay been extrardinary circumstances, it was a six hour delay and i took a picture on my phone of the departure board showing a technical delay.
    I now want to issue a court claim via the european small claims procedure, i just want to check i get the procedure correct.
    Is it as simple as using form A on the court website filling it in with all the relavent details and taking it to my local court with the fee and then waiting for the court to make a decision.
    Any suggestions would be most welcome.

    Ryanair ignoring you or claiming an extraordinary circumstance is pretty par for the course. Do you actually know any of the reason for your delay?

    Anyway using the ESCP is the only way you will get anywhere with your claim, at least they will have to provide an answer as to their reason for your flight delay which I presume you are sure falls within the scope required under the regulation.
    Yes do populate Form A with as much detail as you can, and then take it to your court for them to issue proceedings on your behalf. Three copies of this and the relevant fee.
    Do your homework first and check with the court you intend to use whether or not they are familiar with the procedure.
    Please read my posts on this and if you get stuck post back on here.
    Good luck.
    Successfully sued Ryanair in 2013/14...and have been 'helping' litigants since then.

    Current known score:-
    Dr Watson 35 - 0 Ryanair / Ince and Co

    Go to post 622 on the Ryanair thread to read how to sue them safely.
  • Dr_Watson wrote: »
    Ryanair ignoring you or claiming an extraordinary circumstance is pretty par for the course. Do you actually know any of the reason for your delay?

    Anyway using the ESCP is the only way you will get anywhere with your claim, at least they will have to provide an answer as to their reason for your flight delay which I presume you are sure falls within the scope required under the regulation.
    Yes do populate Form A with as much detail as you can, and then take it to your court for them to issue proceedings on your behalf. Three copies of this and the relevant fee.
    Do your homework first and check with the court you intend to use whether or not they are familiar with the procedure.
    Please read my posts on this and if you get stuck post back on here.
    Good luck.
    Thank you for the advice.
    The captain of our flight announced we were ready for departure and to listen to the cabin crew safety demo, just as this was about to start a member of the ground crew came aboard, what followed was a few minutes of the captain leaving a reboarding the plane and then announcing that ground crew had reported that there was a reason why we were unable to depart. We were then told to leave the plane and wait in the departure lounge. We never got told the exact reason for the delay, all we got was a departure board stating a technical delay.
  • Dr_WatsonDr_Watson Forumite
    451 Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    clunky1965 wrote: »
    Thank you for the advice.
    The captain of our flight announced we were ready for departure and to listen to the cabin crew safety demo, just as this was about to start a member of the ground crew came aboard, what followed was a few minutes of the captain leaving a reboarding the plane and then announcing that ground crew had reported that there was a reason why we were unable to depart. We were then told to leave the plane and wait in the departure lounge. We never got told the exact reason for the delay, all we got was a departure board stating a technical delay.

    Ok- so off to court you go.
    Keep us posted.
    Successfully sued Ryanair in 2013/14...and have been 'helping' litigants since then.

    Current known score:-
    Dr Watson 35 - 0 Ryanair / Ince and Co

    Go to post 622 on the Ryanair thread to read how to sue them safely.
  • The fun and games have started. After ringing my local county court i explained i wanted to claim against an Irish based company using the European small claims procedure. I was told that all money claims are now dealt with County Court money claims service and i was given a number and an address. After looking it up and finding no reference to ESCP i rang the number and was given another number which was for the Royal Court of Justice, after ringing this number i was told that i could send my documents to them and they would process them through the correct court.
    This sounds all a bit of a run around and reflects what other posters have said about local courts not sure of the procedure.
    I think i will take the documents myself to my local County court.
    Would anyone have any suggestions please?
Sign In or Register to comment.
Latest MSE News and Guides