Options
    Yes. But loose about 30-35%.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • neogeo
    neogeo Posts: 34 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Unfortunately if it involves my participation, they live in California, are in their seventies and speak broken English.
  • misfire22
    Options
    Good evening

We have had a claim rejected due to diverse weather however we have documents stating our delay was due to extreme cabin temperatures.

Can anyone advise if these are the same or should we escalate?

We were delayed by almost five hours in Vegas waiting for a flight back to London Heathrow in august
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi misfire. As we have very litle information to go on from you, it is difficult to say.
    Details are required - flight dates, start and finish points etc.
    Perhaps download Vauban's most useful guide, large mug of tea, few biscuits as a useful starting point.

Diverse weather?
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • Alan_Bowen
    Alan_Bowen Posts: 4,851 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Las Vegas can have a problem with high temperatures in summer which means transatlantic flights may not be able to carry sufficient fuel to make it back without stopping. As a result, one airline pulled their entire summer schedule. The weather they have used as an excuse could simply be the temperature which might, and I emphasise might, have been a legitimate reason Were there any other transatlantic flights delayed on the same day, might be worth checking on the flight checker at euclaim
  • Burnieman
    Options
    Just looking for a bit of advice.

Last Wednesday (13th), BA Heathrow to Larnaca. Boarded aircraft, pushed back but stopped after about 20 feet. Pilot says there was an issue with the tug and we have to wait, subsequently they think the tug damaged the nose gear, and we may need to change aircraft. After a further period the pilot says the engineers have inspected the nosegear and there was no visible damage, but as a precaution we need to change aircraft. We eventually landed in Larnaca at 21.33 (scheduled 18.25), 3 hours and 8 minutes late.

I have screenshots of the BA app showing arrival time, and also a text from BA confirming the delay was due to a technical issue. I have submitted a claim via Resolver as it appears a pretty straightforward claim.

However, a friend who decided to submit claim directly to BA had it rejected within 24 hours citing we didn't DEPART (!) over 3 hours late (it was 2hrs 57 mins), and citing headwinds (!). Now, I know and they know this is nonsensical excuses, but are we in for a battle with BA? I advised my friend to submit via Resolver.
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Burnieman wrote: »
    Just looking for a bit of advice.

Last Wednesday (13th), BA Heathrow to Larnaca. Boarded aircraft, pushed back but stopped after about 20 feet. Pilot says there was an issue with the tug and we have to wait, subsequently they think the tug damaged the nose gear, and we may need to change aircraft. After a further period the pilot says the engineers have inspected the nosegear and there was no visible damage, but as a precaution we need to change aircraft. We eventually landed in Larnaca at 21.33 (scheduled 18.25), 3 hours and 8 minutes late.

I have screenshots of the BA app showing arrival time, and also a text from BA confirming the delay was due to a technical issue. I have submitted a claim via Resolver as it appears a pretty straightforward claim.

However, a friend who decided to submit claim directly to BA had it rejected within 24 hours citing we didn't DEPART (!) over 3 hours late (it was 2hrs 57 mins), and citing headwinds (!). Now, I know and they know this is nonsensical excuses, but are we in for a battle with BA? I advised my friend to submit via Resolver.

As you already seem to have realised, BA are talking a load of rubbish yet again.

Try calling their CS in the afternoons an explain one final time. CEDR would almost certainly find in your favour if you refer your claim to them with a deadlock or final position letter from BA.

Good luck.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • Burnieman
    Options
    Tyzap wrote: »
    As you already seem to have realised, BA are talking a load of rubbish yet again.

Try calling their CS in the afternoons an explain one final time. CEDR would almost certainly find in your favour if you refer your claim to them with a deadlock or final position letter from BA.

Good luck.

Thanks. I'm pretty confident in my own mind that we are on solid ground here, but just wanted to check.

Have used Resolver previously for a claim on another airline with a positive result, so I'll wait and see what comes of that.
  • madbarber
    Options
    Advice please on out of pocket expenses/losses due to flight delay

My flight from Edinburgh to Gatwick was late meaning the onward connection to Tampa was missed and I lost a day of my holiday. BA put me and husband up in Premier Inn Gatwick. Flight and car were booked through BA holidays. BA already confirmed by email 2 days ago I am entitled to the max compensation of 600 euros each passenger in the booking.
    I am trying to recover out of pocket expenses/losses now and they are willing to refund 1 days lost car rental and cost of additional petrol as we flew into airport 100 miles north of our original destination. I rented a holiday villa through a separate company (not BA) so lost a night there which was already paid for in advance but BA say they wont refund this as it was not booked through them. If this is correct, then fair enough but I would have thought as the delay was due to them they would cover. It is not an insignificant amount at $176 for 1 nights rental.
    Am I allowed to claim for this in your opinion?
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,548 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    BA should pick up the costs of getting you to your original arrival airport
    have you spoken to your travel insurance re the consequential losses?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback