Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Thomas Cook ONLY

Options

Comments

• aylin_2
    aylin_2 Posts: 18 Forumite
    Options
    Many thanks for the new thread. Fingers crossed for some successful claimants. I wonder if TC keep an eye on these threads at all?
    They do. I am sure of it.
  • aylin_2
    Options
    I had a call last Saturday from the secretary to Thos cook CEO followed by an e mail. I have been on this forum since 2013 out lining my challenges to their decision regarding flight delays from 2010. They had so many excuses and were unable to provide any evidence of extraordinary circumstances in my case ... Thank you to Martin's site for all your information, I didn't use your templates but the information regarding others experiences and ongoing complaints was so useful. Being honest, had T Cook been upfront when dealing with a more recent claim of mine where we had been left stranded overnight ( again!) due to the same 'operational' problems ( again) in very uncomfortable circumstances at the same airport (again), I would not have gone looking for the evidence of previous flight delays from 2010... Hopefully their customer service and future 'operational' organisation will improve...

So, this was their ultimate response to my last letter.

I can confirm that I have now processed the agreed payment of £636.24 for the flight delays you experienced with us - TCX248K on the 23.09.10 and the TCX345L on the 05.10.10.

I am sorry that it took so long for this to be settled for you.

Thank you at last T.Cook .... :T
  • aylin_2
    Options
    They pay by Voucher or Bacs transfer... You do not have to accept a voucher... These have a limited use by date... and in law you have a right to the compensation in cash
  • aylin_2
    Options
    Payment is usually by bacs transfer straight into your bank. Put your request in writing directly to them signed for delivery if you are having no joy... They offered me vouchers on two occasions but eventually the cash was transferred...
  • 20kiki
    20kiki Posts: 20 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have also contacted the CAA about my 3.25hrs delay from Aberdeen to Dalaman back in June 2013 but I keep hitting the same brick wall - T.Cook offloaded passengers to a cheapo Turkish Airline so no compensation due (Crew turned up over 3hrs late!) - If I paid T.C. why in law isn't my contract with them and not the Turkish flight company?
    - methinks this is loophole that's being taken advantage of! - If I'd wanted to travel using a Turkish Airline the flight costs would've been a lot cheaper!
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,556 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    20kiki wrote: »
    I have also contacted the CAA about my 3.25hrs delay from Aberdeen to Dalaman back in June 2013 but I keep hitting the same brick wall - T.Cook offloaded passengers to a cheapo Turkish Airline so no compensation due (Crew turned up over 3hrs late!) - If I paid T.C. why in law isn't my contract with them and not the Turkish flight company?
    - methinks this is loophole that's being taken advantage of! - If I'd wanted to travel using a Turkish Airline the flight costs would've been a lot cheaper!

the fact that it is a non-EU carrier makes no difference. ALL airlines are liable for EU261 payouts on flights departing from an EU airport.
    The difference is flights departing from outside the EU, only EU airlines are governed by EU261...so if you had any delay on the return flight it would not be covered
    Have a read of Vauban's guide, check the NWNF sites with the flight number and decide your next steps
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5173888
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Your claim may still be against TC if they have "wet leased" the plane.

You may have to start leagl proceeddings against both to get to the bottom of it.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • endaf
    endaf Posts: 78 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello all, me again! I was all pumped up and ready for court tomorrow when I receive a letter today saying that they've recently won a case for the same flight and for me to withdraw my application.
    The reason I'm here is to state the "recently" was in April 2015 and our judge specifically asked in November 2015 whether any cases had been heard regarding the flight and TC officially told the judge none had been!
    So is that it? Am I done or because TC failed to reveal a previous case that I can still fight it? Or should I turn up tomorrow and fight my case as if I'd never had that letter as they purposely sent it for me to receive a day before the hearing!!
    I'm completely livid about it and don't want to give up .....help!
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Have they said which case and where?

If it's one from a lower court it will not be precedent setting. In other words other courts do not have to follow that decision. This will more than likely be the case.

In which case I would plough on regardless, they are just trying to undermine your case by the sound of it. Especially if it's a case from a year ago and they have only just brought it to your attention.

You have some good evidence which may sway the judge in favour. It could be that the problem was with the aircraft after all.

Good luck.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    go for it endaf. Make ALL of these points to the judge. You will have to provide a copy of any ammendments you are going to make to both judge and TC. If the judge has asked for this 6 months ago and they have either not informed you and/or the judge, I suspect they are for the high jump.
    Good luck and don't let them fluster you. Take your time, stay calm and present a good case. Have you got a few curve ball questions? Are they presenting any "expert" witnesses?
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family