We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Thomas Cook ONLY

Options

Comments

• dcellwood
    Options
    Vauban wrote: »
    If you take them to court, they will quickly fold (as there is nothing in the Regulation to substantiate their view).

Or you could email the CAA and ask them for their view.

The latter however is likely to take some time ...

I too have been made a voucher offer yesterday (which I will refuse for cash) for compensation for 2 adults and 1 child (3 x £343). They have not offered compensation for my infant fare (£40) or made reference to it in the email. This was a flight only booking with no discounts.

Can you advise how best to raise this with TC in writing please.
  • Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    dcellwood wrote: »
    I too have been made a voucher offer yesterday (which I will refuse for cash) for compensation for 2 adults and 1 child (3 x £343). They have not offered compensation for my infant fare (£40) or made reference to it in the email. This was a flight only booking with no discounts.

Can you advise how best to raise this with TC in writing please.

Just write to them, making clear that under Article 3.3 of the Regulation compensation is available to all those travelling on a fare available to the public, even if it is reduced. Give them 14 days to settle, and say you will otherwise start legal action. You might also want to write to the CAA to ask their view.
  • marcthespark
    Options
    Hi I am new to the board and looking for some help regarding a claim.

We flew out on the 18th June Glasgow to reus and where supposed to return on the 25th. After taking off on our return flight birds flew into the engine where we had to turn back and land. It was then noticed that some blades had been damaged and after 6 hours in the airport we where told that the parts had to be flown in.

We where then put in a hotel at 9pm at night and picked up at 4am to go back to the airport. After a few hours in the airport the crew showed up at 9am and couldn't understand why we where told to be there so early. Anyway the flight never took
    Off till 4 o'clock that afternoon.

We had a young child and where provided with a bottle of water and a bagel the full time in the airport.

My question is, am I am able to claim this and has anyone had a similar experience

Thanks
    Marc
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,087 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Others might correct but I think a bird strike mid air on your flight would class as EC so probably no claim. However you should have been fully fed and watered all the time you were delayed, or compensated for any expenses you incurred during the delay.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • grazzzz
    grazzzz Posts: 213 Forumite
    Options
    JPears wrote: »
    Others might correct but I think a bird strike mid air on your flight would class as EC so probably no claim. However you should have been fully fed and watered all the time you were delayed, or compensated for any expenses you incurred during the delay.
    I disagree a bird strike is an inherent part of flying it isn't exceptional a Caa report shows over 1500 planes a year are subject to bird strikes just in the uk and they should have been able to put measures in place to overcome the eventuality this can and does happen .however they run on such a tight budget the customer is let down when this does occur .if they can't be prepared for such an eventuality then they should pay the compensation
  • grazzzz
    grazzzz Posts: 213 Forumite
    Options
    My court case is going through . Hearing in Oct .i have just rung the court as I have received no witness statements from TC or bundles and they should have been with me and the court by the 13th ! The court inform me they have also not received anything from them either ! Curious as to how this will be seen by the judge and the court letter insists the papers needed to be filed by 4pm on the 13th of September .i asked on this basis can it be over ruled if they haven't filed there evidence was told would have to wait till the hearing but is frowned upon
  • 111KAB
    111KAB Posts: 3,645 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    grazzzz - you should point out by writing to the Court so that the hearing judge is aware prior to/at the hearing.
  • citysnipe57
    Options
    I am starting this thread for those claiming flight delay or cancellation compensation from Thomas Cook.

Any posts regarding any other airline in this thread will be ignored (at least by me).
    My son was booked on TCX2196 on the 19th sept its was 500 mins delayed i went on sky scanner and they where still taking bookings for that flight after the actual departure time 14:30 and it was re shecualed to fly at 23:15 would this be a case of the flight being under booked
  • Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    Options
    If you suggesting that they delayed the flight by 8 hours in the hope of getting more passengers then I don't think that is very likely.
  • citysnipe57
    Options
    Vauban wrote: »
    If you suggesting that they delayed the flight by 8 hours in the hope of getting more passengers then I don't think that is very likely.
    How can you get the real reason so i can have a concrete case for compo
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family