Options

Comments

• tazgalsinh
    tazgalsinh Posts: 8 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi, I received the below email to my posted complaint on the 23rd of May:

"Dear Mr xxxx

I’m sorry to hear your holiday did not meet your expectations, and would like to thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback.

We listen to all of our customers’ feedback and whilst we would like to respond straight away, we sometimes need to investigate your feedback, before we can provide you with a response.

All complaints are dealt with in date in order, and I will respond to you as soon as I can. Please allow me time to investigate your complaint in full.

If you need to contact us in the meantime, please ensure you provide your booking reference.

As a member of ABTA we endeavour to respond to your concerns as soon as is possible.

Thank you once again for bringing your concerns to our attention.

Kind Regards

Thomas Cook Complaints
    Customer Services Team

"

Since then i've not heard anything from them. How long should I wait on what is the next step if I do not get a response in that time.

Many thanks,
  • bennmark0
    bennmark0 Posts: 27 Forumite
    Options
    tazgalsinh wrote: »
    Hi, I received the below email to my posted complaint on the 23rd of May:

"Dear Mr xxxx

I’m sorry to hear your holiday did not meet your expectations, and would like to thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback.

We listen to all of our customers’ feedback and whilst we would like to respond straight away, we sometimes need to investigate your feedback, before we can provide you with a response.

All complaints are dealt with in date in order, and I will respond to you as soon as I can. Please allow me time to investigate your complaint in full.

If you need to contact us in the meantime, please ensure you provide your booking reference.

As a member of ABTA we endeavour to respond to your concerns as soon as is possible.

Thank you once again for bringing your concerns to our attention.

Kind Regards

Thomas Cook Complaints
    Customer Services Team

"

Since then i've not heard anything from them. How long should I wait on what is the next step if I do not get a response in that time.

Many thanks,
    I found it was normally around a month between letters you should get another one asking for more time or a simple it was ec and you don't have a claim,if they do that ask them for an explanation of how they arrived at that reason,but DO NOT give up,just remember to give them a time limit before you start legal action say 14 days and then go to MCOL and start action
  • Steviek_2
    Steviek_2 Posts: 136 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I sent my NBA to the Bradford address on 14 May 2013 for flight TCX2995 Antalya to Manchester (which actually went to Humberside) havent had a reply. Is there any point sending another copy to the Peterborough office? I would start MCOL but not sure I have a valid claim yet as Im not sure the change of arrival airport and the consequent time it took us to transfer us to Manchester was quite over a 3 hour time difference
  • katiekins82
    Options
    You appear to have 2 valid claims each for 600 euros per passenger.

Do next? Either start legal claims for both delays or pass over your claim to a NWNF company for which they will keep approx 30% of any winnings.

Hi, Thanks for your reply. So engine failure and goverment disputes are not included in extrordinary circumstances? I have read FAQ's and as many posts as I can on thread and I am just not very clued up on the legal jargon! Should I contact CAA and get them to advise if it is correct or not? I will persue myself rather than using NWNF company but I just to know that I am not talking rubbish!
  • badbobby
    badbobby Posts: 59 Forumite
    Options
    Thomas Cook called me the day before my court case to settle. I was looking forward to my day in court...

Cheque now banked.

FYI, my issues were crewing issues on outbound flight and refuelling issue on the flight preceeding my inbound flight (i.e. knock on)
  • katiekins82
    katiekins82 Posts: 5 Forumite
    edited 4 June 2013 at 4:30PM
    Options
    You appear to have 2 valid claims each for 600 euros per passenger.

Do next? Either start legal claims for both delays or pass over your claim to a NWNF company for which they will keep approx 30% of any winnings.

The letter received actually only refers to the outbound flight

Dear Miss xxxxx

Re:Thomas Cook - Case Ref: cxxxxxxX - Booking Ref: xxxxxx

I am writing in response to your letter regarding your recent travelarrangements with Thomas Cook.

It is with regret that I note your flight with us was delayed. Whilstdelays are an unfortunate part of air travel, I would like to assure you that alot of work goes on behind the scenes to ensure that any disruption to ourpassengers is kept to an absolute minimum.

When a delay is initially identified, it is not always immediately apparentas to when a revised take off time can be secured. A number of factorshave to be considered, which can vary dependent on the reason for the delay,and quite often we are reliant on outside influences, such as AirportAuthorities or Air Traffic Control. Throughout, however, as soon asconfirmed information is available, this is passed onto our customers asquickly as possible through our handling agents at the airport.

Although delays do occur on occasion, they can arise for a number of differentreasons, and having carried out a full investigation the specific circumstancessurrounding the delay to your own flight were of a technical nature, which wereextraordinary, despite Thomas Cook taking all reasonable precautions necessaryto prevent the situation. All aircraft can experience technical problemsthat are totally unforeseen, despite all reasonable attempts to ensure they aremaintained to a good standard, in line with CAA regulations. This can becompared to any mechanical breakdown which can happen at any time without priorknowledge or warning.

I can see that passengers were provided with welfare during this time, whichwas deemed appropriate for the length of your delay. It is with regret toinform you that we will be unable to consider any claims for compensation as aresult of the delay to your flight.

Please be assured that on-time performance is a key measure for us as abusiness, and we constantly review our operations to ensure we deliver the bestresults, and service. I would like to offer our apologies for anyinconvenience you were caused on this occasion and I hope that despite this,your stay was found to be an enjoyable one.

i have spoken with TC on the phone who have advised that the 2 flights have been filed as 2 seperate cases and are resending the letter re the inbound flight which also states "extrordinary circumstances"

Can you please advise an address/link to the CAA and how to proceed with appeal to them
  • Steviek_2
    Steviek_2 Posts: 136 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Centipede I am grateful for your interest. I know this sounds ridiculous but I really cant remember I think it may have been minutes short of 3 hours difference between when we were supposed to land at Manchester as opposed to being dropped off by a coach there
  • maghater
    maghater Posts: 349 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    badbobby wrote: »
    Thomas Cook called me the day before my court case to settle. I was looking forward to my day in court...

Cheque now banked.

FYI, my issues were crewing issues on outbound flight and refuelling issue on the flight preceeding my inbound flight (i.e. knock on)
    Congratulations of course the check might still bounce:T
  • pip10
    pip10 Posts: 137 Forumite
    edited 4 June 2013 at 10:18PM
    Options
    well done.

Any thoughts as to why they waited until the day before to settle?

I wondered whether they wait as long as possible to see if you will go through with it maybe ?
    badbobby wrote: »

Cheque now banked.

• badbobby
    badbobby Posts: 59 Forumite
    Options
    pip10 wrote: »
    well done.

Any thoughts as to why they waited until the day before to settle?

I wondered whether they wait as long as possible to see if you will go through with it maybe ?

I am not sure why they took so long. My suspicion is that they've got absoutely loads of claims to deal with and, working back from 12 October 2012 (when the ECJ released its judgment) prompt chasers will all be hitting court hearing dates around now - send letters to and fro for a month, issue LBA takes 2 wks, then issue court claim takes 20odd days, then allocation questionaires and then a date is fixed a few months ahead = all points to a raft of late May/early June hearing dates.

So I'd guess that they've also had a lot of court claims hit hearing date within a short time frame.

My bundle was impressive (if I say so myself!) so I thought they'd admit defeat a couple of days after receiving that rather than 20 hours before the hearing was scheduled.

They intimated that they'd defended and won a case and that they were looking to defend where possible. I haven't seen any evidence of that yet on MSE forums or elsewhere.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure