Monarch delays & Compensations. Listed flights denied in O.P.

Options

Comments

• Mark2spark
    Mark2spark Posts: 2,306 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Vauban wrote: »
    Monarch, ZB249, Sharm el Sheikh to Gatwick, 08/04/12, delayed for 24 hours, crack in windscreen discovered just before previous flight.

You'll note that the flight before yours made an unscheduled stop in somewhere like cyprus.
  • Mark2spark
    Options
    cosmo21 wrote: »
    Thanks Mark, not sure whether it's good or bad to be able to see just how many flights are being added to the Denied list!

Well there's 3 flights denied for just 2 cracked windscreens so far...;)
  • Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Mark2spark wrote: »
    You'll note that the flight before yours made an unscheduled stop in somewhere like cyprus.

How "extraordinary"!!! :rotfl:

(How did you find that out, btw?)
  • LBD
    LBD Posts: 261 Forumite
    Options
    Now now Monarch :naughty:
    You know full well that only EC's that relate *to the flight concerned* are valid.....

Well that's what they are using in mine as well Mark, lol the fuel valve fault with the previous days flight....lol
  • Reemas
    Reemas Posts: 11 Forumite
    edited 11 April 2013 at 7:03PM
    Options
    Known flights that Monarch have agreed compensation on:
    ZB227 PMI - LGW 07/10/12 Payment received
    ZB3566 LUTON - FIUMICINO 07/10/12 Payment received

Flights denied for EC's
    Mon3693 20/9/2011 Mombassa-Gatwick
    ZB743 Malaga -Gatwick 15/07/12 Engine prob on previous flight
    ZB685 Sharm El Sheikh - Manchester 29/09/12 Wing flap hinge pin sheared off
    MON1484 Gatwick-Dalaman 17/09/12 Wet lease recall & First officer called in sick
    ZB248 Gatwick -Sharm El Sheik 8/4/12 cracked windscreen needed replacing
    Flight no unknown Manchester to Zakynthos 31/05/12 Cracked windscreen
    ZB655 Malaga -Manchester 4/11/12 Nose landing gear fault
    ZB249 Sharm - Gatwick 08/04/12 Cracked windscreen
    ZB742 Gatwick - Malaga 07/10/12 Engine duct fault, replacement shipped from Tennessee
    ZB252 Gatwick - Alicante 2/06/12 Steering and brakes tech issue on previous flight and crew out of hours so plane in Egypt overnight

So far I have had 3 refusals:
    ZB743 Malaga - Gatwick 7/10/12 - No2 C-duct engine fault and fan cowl delaminated. Replacement from Memphis.
    ZB743 Malaga - Gatwick 14/10/12 - Air bleed leak on previous flight with log winded story of crew hours and recovering their schedule.
    ZB743 Malaga - Gatwick 28/10/12 - Nose landing gear

Below is an extract from the email I received when I complained about the delays in October.

[FONT=&quot]‘I have taken [/FONT][FONT=&quot]a [/FONT][FONT=&quot]look [/FONT][FONT=&quot]at [/FONT][FONT=&quot]the flights that you have [/FONT][FONT=&quot]taken [/FONT][FONT=&quot]recently [/FONT][FONT=&quot]and [/FONT][FONT=&quot]I [/FONT][FONT=&quot]can see [/FONT][FONT=&quot]that [/FONT][FONT=&quot]you [/FONT][FONT=&quot]have [/FONT][FONT=&quot]incurred various [/FONT][FONT=&quot]delays. Unfortunately it is true to [/FONT][FONT=&quot]say that we [/FONT][FONT=&quot]have [/FONT][FONT=&quot]experienced some [/FONT][FONT=&quot]delays [/FONT][FONT=&quot]in [/FONT][FONT=&quot]the [/FONT][FONT=&quot]past [/FONT][FONT=&quot]few months [/FONT][FONT=&quot]and [/FONT][FONT=&quot]it is [/FONT][FONT=&quot]extremely [/FONT][FONT=&quot]unfortunate that many of [/FONT][FONT=&quot]your [/FONT][FONT=&quot]flights have been [/FONT][FONT=&quot]affected.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]We have [/FONT][FONT=&quot]experienced some [/FONT][FONT=&quot]technical problems [/FONT][FONT=&quot]and [/FONT][FONT=&quot]also [/FONT][FONT=&quot]we [/FONT][FONT=&quot]have recently increased [/FONT][FONT=&quot]our [/FONT][FONT=&quot]route network to [/FONT][FONT=&quot]offer [/FONT][FONT=&quot]a wider choice [/FONT][FONT=&quot]of [/FONT][FONT=&quot]services and airports [/FONT][FONT=&quot]for our [/FONT][FONT=&quot]customers [/FONT][FONT=&quot]to choose from. We [/FONT][FONT=&quot]were expecting [/FONT][FONT=&quot]delivery of [/FONT][FONT=&quot]some [/FONT][FONT=&quot]new [/FONT][FONT=&quot]aircraft [/FONT][FONT=&quot]to operate these routes but unfortunately[/FONT][FONT=&quot], [/FONT][FONT=&quot]they did not [/FONT][FONT=&quot]arrive [/FONT][FONT=&quot]in time [/FONT][FONT=&quot]and so we [/FONT][FONT=&quot]had to temporarily lease [/FONT][FONT=&quot]additional aircraft [/FONT][FONT=&quot]to meet [/FONT][FONT=&quot]our [/FONT][FONT=&quot]increased [/FONT][FONT=&quot]capacity.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Unfortunately[/FONT][FONT=&quot], [/FONT][FONT=&quot]this brought [/FONT][FONT=&quot]with [/FONT][FONT=&quot]it further problems [/FONT][FONT=&quot]which [/FONT][FONT=&quot]had [/FONT][FONT=&quot]a [/FONT][FONT=&quot]big impact [/FONT][FONT=&quot]on our [/FONT][FONT=&quot]overall flying programme. When [/FONT][FONT=&quot]we [/FONT][FONT=&quot]experience delays [/FONT][FONT=&quot]we [/FONT][FONT=&quot]do look [/FONT][FONT=&quot]at all available options[/FONT][FONT=&quot], [/FONT][FONT=&quot]i.e. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]using alternative [/FONT][FONT=&quot]aircraft [/FONT][FONT=&quot]etc. although, obviously [/FONT][FONT=&quot]this depends [/FONT][FONT=&quot]on availability [/FONT][FONT=&quot]of [/FONT][FONT=&quot]suitable aircraft and [/FONT][FONT=&quot]then [/FONT][FONT=&quot]also availability [/FONT][FONT=&quot]of crew [/FONT][FONT=&quot]and [/FONT][FONT=&quot]this is not [/FONT][FONT=&quot]always [/FONT][FONT=&quot]possible to [/FONT][FONT=&quot]arrange.’[/FONT]

Seems pretty damning, what do you think?
  • Wishful_Thinker
    Options
    When I lodged our original claim with Monarch in 2011 they responded in writing stating the delays were dure to technical difficulties and the need for a replacement part being flown in from elsewhere. This claim was then dismissed as no EU ruling had been passed for flight delay compensation. The correspondence at no time mentioned the words "Extraordinary circumstances" I am still awaiting a response from my claim for this flight which was resubmitted at the beginning of November. If as I suspect Monarch will not allow my claim for extraordinary circircumstances will it add weight to my case as thiey did not mention this term in their original correspondence. I feel I have case on this point alone, but I will probably be entirely wrong in my assumption.
  • lancs_ms
    Options
    I've now amended the OP to include EC denied flights/claims.
    They are starting to stack up now.
    Let me know if yours isn't there.
    I need Flight number, destinations, and date. and EC reason :rotfl: )

Glentoran - what was your EC please?
    Vauban - what was your UK destination please.

Mark2spark - you have missed mine:
    Flight ZB581 Faro to Manchester on 3rd November 2012
    posted earlier (post 458).

I'm not compeletly sure what their excuse is, but it involves an "inflight emergency" on a plane diverted to Turkey, which affected their scheduled flying programme. I was flying from Faro to Manchester.
  • Mark2spark
    Options
    lancs_ms wrote: »
    Mark2spark - you have missed mine:
    Flight ZB581 Faro to Manchester on 3rd November 2012
    posted earlier (post 458).

I'm not completely sure what their excuse is, but it involves an "inflight emergency" on a plane diverted to Turkey, which affected their scheduled flying programme. I was flying from Faro to Manchester.

Thanks Lancs ms.
    I was only including flights in the list that have had a confirmed excuse of EC's back from Monarch. As your 458 post was in quote boxes, it slipped my search, as I was trying to avoid duplications.
    Done now ;)
  • Mark2spark
    Options
    LBD wrote: »
    Now now Monarch :naughty:
    You know full well that only EC's that relate *to the flight concerned* are valid.....

Well that's what they are using in mine as well Mark, lol the fuel valve fault with the previous days flight....lol

I don't have your details I think LBD?
  • Mark2spark
    edited 15 February 2013 at 3:24AM
    Options
    Vauban wrote: »
    How "extraordinary"!!! :rotfl:

(How did you find that out, btw?)

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=59292841&postcount=429

Well that post started the ball rolling. But due to the increased volume of posts in the last couple of days, I might well have got confused with a post on the Thomson or Tom Cook section, so ignore my earlier claim :(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure