Monarch delays & Compensations. Listed flights denied in O.P.

Options

Comments

• 111KAB
    111KAB Posts: 3,645 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Aedus wrote: »
    I'm talking with regards to the claim team themselves.

The problem with the EU Claim Team is that they just standardise replies. I doubt, very much, that they are legally trained and indeed I doubt they even understand the law in respect of flight delays so in effect they are admin staff dealing with a serious matter which is ultimately likely to end up in court. Whilst they may not purposefully lie their inability to understand and relate to a particular delay means they provide answers which are factually incorrect. Their response can exasperate customers even more particularly when the truth is discovered at a later stage.
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    111KAB wrote: »
    The problem with the EU Claim Team is that they just standardise replies. I doubt, very much, that they are legally trained and indeed I doubt they even understand the law in respect of flight delays so in effect they are admin staff dealing with a serious matter which is ultimately likely to end up in court. Whilst they may not purposefully lie their inability to understand and relate to a particular delay means they provide answers which are factually incorrect. Their response can exasperate customers even more particularly when the truth is discovered at a later stage.

Or in a nutshell, unknowingly incompetent ;)
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • statictom
    statictom Posts: 57 Forumite
    Options
    I currently have a defence filed by Monarch Airlines for a delay from 31st Oct 2010. I am currently awaiting an allocated court date in my local County Court. Can I expect anything further prior to this court date to come from Monarch, like an engineers report. I asked a number of questions of them in relation to the exact fault, which they declined to answer unless the court inform them to do so. I have told them that I will be asking these questions in court, so they better have the answers.
    The fault was a problem with the PA System, which failed on arrival in Spain. The Captain informed us that a fuse had blown and an engineer was being flown on another airline to Spain to replace this. This was a flight to Alicante which diverted to Almeria for the engineer to get off. I saw the engineer arrive, board the plane and within minutes we were ready to board, so hardly a major job. So a fuse blowing is an Extraordinary Circumstance for Monarch. Also when questioned regarding the costs to the airline for getting the engineer to Spain on a flight with another company, they again declined to answer the question.
  • klint
    klint Posts: 265 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    statictom wrote: »
    The Captain informed us that a fuse had blown and an engineer was being flown on another airline to Spain to replace this. This was a flight to Alicante which diverted to Almeria for the engineer to get off. I saw the engineer arrive, board the plane and within minutes we were ready to board, so hardly a major job. So a fuse blowing is an Extraordinary Circumstance for Monarch. Also when questioned regarding the costs to the airline for getting the engineer to Spain on a flight with another company, they again declined to answer the question.

So they are saying that another airline agreed to divert one of their planes so that a Monarch engineer can get to you more quickly? Can you find that flight to Alicante in Flightstats and see if it really was diverted to Almeria?
  • statictom
    statictom Posts: 57 Forumite
    Options
    klint wrote: »
    So they are saying that another airline agreed to divert one of their planes so that a Monarch engineer can get to you more quickly? Can you find that flight to Alicante in Flightstats and see if it really was diverted to Almeria?

I have tried Flightstats regarding flights to Alicante that day but there is nothing listed to show a plane landed and took off straight away. I also checked Alicante re any delays, but with only being on the ground to drop an engineer off, it may have made its time up and landed on schedule. There is no record on flightstats regarding any other plane coming into Almeria at the relevant times. I think I`ve given them something to think about as I will want the questions answered and proof produced that this actually happened, as at the end of the day its not an Extraordinary Circumstance.
  • pittman78
    Options
    Just had a e-mail from Monarch upholding my compensation claim on

ZB954 Birmingham - Palma on 21st May 2012

It has taken 8 months, one complaint form and a few e-mails, but have succeed just waiting for the cheque to arrive.

First claim was rejected extraordinary circumstances, so i replied point out the errors in their response, ie They claimed no other aircraft available to take us so i pointed other Monarch Flights had left during our time at the airport why couldn't we have used one of those planes and do a staggered delay to all customers.
  • romanby1
    romanby1 Posts: 294 Forumite
    Options
    pittman78 wrote: »
    Just had a e-mail from Monarch upholding my compensation claim on

ZB954 Birmingham - Palma on 21st May 2012

It has taken 8 months, one complaint form and a few e-mails, but have succeed just waiting for the cheque to arrive.

First claim was rejected extraordinary circumstances, so i replied point out the errors in their response, ie They claimed no other aircraft available to take us so i pointed other Monarch Flights had left during our time at the airport why couldn't we have used one of those planes and do a staggered delay to all customers.
    If you have this in writing/email I suggest you give them in writing 7 days to transfer the money to your account or you will start legal action. If they have made an offer they have no defence left to youyr claim.
  • D-MAC
    D-MAC Posts: 26 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Does anyone have the contact details for Monarch's Head Office?? email or phone. I've sent my letter off well over 14 day's but haven't had any replies...
  • klint
    klint Posts: 265 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    D-MAC wrote: »
    Does anyone have the contact details for Monarch's Head Office?? email or phone. I've sent my letter off well over 14 day's but haven't had any replies...

For the address, see post 2551 by friendofbillw2.

Is this about your delay caused by ground workers placing the steps wrongly and damaging the plane?

Was your letter the first contact with Monarch? What did you say in the letter? Did you get a certificate of posting? If you've already told them you would go to court after 14 days, I think it's time for you to make your court claim. They are notorious for dragging their heels.
  • Eve4ever
    Eve4ever Posts: 73 Forumite
    edited 20 July 2013 at 5:24PM
    Options
    Summary

Flights:
    5/5/12 - MAN - SSH ZB684 5 hours 25 mins delay
    12/5/12 - SSH - MAN ZB685 4 hours 30 mins delay

Correspondence between June 2012 and Feb 2013. Sent several letters and 2 sets of claim forms (the first lot got "lost" in the post)and finally decided I was sick to death of being messed about by Monarch and started legal action to recover 1200 euros plus interest. A week later they sent me a cheque for £519 for one of the flights.

March - offer from Monarch of £200 plus costs - Turned down
    May - further offer of £300 plus costs by letter - ignored

Last week - finally received notice of my court date and the hearing fee of £80 became payable. As this cost would be payable by Monarch, when I won, I thought it only fair to give them one last chance to settle in full. Rang Morgan and pointed out the extremely desperate attempt to claim tech issues as EC would never apply with my case as they admitted in their defence that it was a previous flight which suffered a break down not not my plane which completed another flight scheduled before mine. I also explained this is not a personal injury claim where the amount of compensation is variable, that the amount of fixed compensation has been set by an EU high court so Monarch are failing to meet their responsibilities by expecting me to accept less than the fixed amount.
    Morgan gave up and agreed to pay the remaining amount of the MCOL claim by BACS before the the hearing fee was due.
    Payment received Thursday !!! :beer:

Final note to Morgan as she told me I hurt her feelings by calling her nasty in this thread, if you want to be liked and respected at work, stop trying to defend the indefensible and get a job with a reputable company ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure