Monarch delays & Compensations. Listed flights denied in O.P.

Options

Comments

• friendofbillw2
    Options
    CamelFish wrote: »
    FOBW, I assume that you were on the plane into Malaga that I returned to the UK on? If so, I find it hard to fathom that they would compensate one way and not the other for exactly the same tech issue?

There appears to be no consistency in the treatment applied by Monarch; it's as though it's pot luck, but happy hunting all the same

Completely different dates and destination, but the rough circumstances (tech fault, 8 hour delay, another plane from the fleet drafted in, Monarch claim ECs) are the same as yours.
  • friendofbillw2
    Options
    margy wrote: »
    Hi i have recieved the claim forms from monarch i dont have the times of the flight when it was due to take off and when it was supposed to have landed and the actual time we arrived would monarch give me this information if i give them a call
    many tanks

I very much doubt it. You need to use flightstats. See the FAQs.
  • 111KAB
    111KAB Posts: 3,645 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    margy wrote: »
    Hi i have recieved the claim forms from monarch i dont have the times of the flight when it was due to take off and when it was supposed to have landed and the actual time we arrived would monarch give me this information if i give them a call
    many tanks

Maybe if you gave more info - where to/from ~ date etc and if after looking at flightstats you still have problems post on here and someone may find info for you.
  • Aedus
    Aedus Posts: 47 Forumite
    Options
    I very much doubt it. You need to use flightstats. See the FAQs.

Wrong. They will give you timings if you ask for them.

Besides, you don't need to write the timings on the form, just flight number, route and date is sufficient.
  • klint
    klint Posts: 265 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    My court claim was served last month and Monarch had until Monday 8 July to reply to the court (saying whether they intended to defend or not). Today is 8 days later and I have not heard anything yet. How long should I wait before applying to the court for a judgement by default?
  • P_Doff
    P_Doff Posts: 76 Forumite
    Options
    klint wrote: »
    My court claim was served last month and Monarch had until Monday 8 July to reply to the court (saying whether they intended to defend or not). Today is 8 days later and I have not heard anything yet. How long should I wait before applying to the court for a judgement by default?

Personally I'd send in the application for judgement tomorrow.
  • Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    Options
    P_Doff wrote: »
    Personally I'd send in the application for judgement tomorrow.

I agree. They've had over a week, the tardy fellows!
  • klint
    klint Posts: 265 Forumite
    Options
    Vauban wrote: »
    I agree. They've had over a week, the tardy fellows!

But is there a possibility that they have replied on time but the court is delaying forwarding the reply to me? Or could it be that John Marray (the Company Secretary, to whom the court claim was addressed) has been on holiday in the past two weeks and his flight back home got delayed? :D (On a serious note, was I correct to address the claim to John Marray or should I have just addressed it to Monarch Airlines without an individual's name? Can they claim they have not received the claim if John Marray has been away from his desk?)
  • friendofbillw2
    Options
    Aedus wrote: »
    Wrong. They will give you timings if you ask for them.

Besides, you don't need to write the timings on the form, just flight number, route and date is sufficient.
    But when there is independent data out there, why would you rely on what the company you are claiming from tell you over the phone?

And you do actually need exact timings (and distance) to know precisely how much you are due.
  • friendofbillw2
    Options
    klint wrote: »
    But is there a possibility that they have replied on time but the court is delaying forwarding the reply to me? Or could it be that John Marray (the Company Secretary, to whom the court claim was addressed) has been on holiday in the past two weeks and his flight back home got delayed? :D (On a serious note, was I correct to address the claim to John Marray or should I have just addressed it to Monarch Airlines without an individual's name? Can they claim they have not received the claim if John Marray has been away from his desk?)
    If you filed the claim on MCOL you will be able to see online whether the claim has been acknowledged. You would also be able to get default judgment if it hasn't.

As long as the claim was sent to the registered office it will be deemed correctly served. But it is iffy to address it to 'Company Secretary' as that title has been obsolete since Companies Act 2006 came into force.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure