Forum Home» Disability Money Matters

Ask Atos Healthcare disability assessment questions - Page 96

New Post Advanced Search

Ask Atos Healthcare disability assessment questions

edited 10 January 2013 at 5:02PM in Disability Money Matters
1.8K replies 187.2K views

Replies

• Atos_Healthcare_representativeAtos_Healthcare_representative Organisation Representatives - Private Messages may not be monitored
    221 posts
    To all of those who have asked about investigations by HCP’s professional bodies, sorry for the delay in responding. The remit of the thread is questions about the Work Capability Assessment process, rather than questions like this. However, I can assure you that Atos Healthcare takes all complaints against any of its doctors, nurses and physiotherapists extremely seriously and always cooperates fully with the investigations of the GMC, the NMC and the Health and Care Professions Council HCPC. Only HCPs who retain registration with their professional body are permitted to continue to work with Atos Healthcare on disability assessments.
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Atos Healthcare. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to [email protected] This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Unless you apply this?

Doctors must be fully registered with the GMC without current or previous
    restrictions, conditions or warnings and hold a licence to practice from the date the GMC issues licences. In addition they must have at least 3 years post full
    registration (GMC or EEA – European Economic Area equivalent) experience as a minimum. Alternatively for non EU graduates 3 years post full registration experience in the Doctors native country is required. In individual cases, solely at the discretion of the CMA, the requirements that no conditions or warnings be attached to registration and the minimum 3 years post registration experience may be waived.

Which begs the question what else could be waived ??????
  • dori2odori2o Forumite
    8.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    MSE_Andrea wrote:
    Hi dori2o

We realise feelings run high on the subject of Atos and comments will be heated, but this isn't at all appropriate.
    Atos rep.

Why do you kill?

What have these people done to you?

Why do you destroy lives?

Why do you lie?

Why won't you answer simple questions?

ATOS Rep, I hope you suffer the same as some of those you have sent to their grave.

I'm sorry but I entirely disagree with you.

The proof is there.

I think it is disgusting that this forum is willing to let these horrible people post on here. They don't answer the questions people want to know, and only post what has been copied from their website.

It is the opinion of many that these should be stopped from posting.

They are destroying lives, they do lie, they have contributed to the death of many people.

You need to ask yourself if it is morally acceptable to allow these things to post on here given their well documented behaviours.
    [SIZE=-1]To equate judgement and wisdom with occupation is at best . . . insulting.
    [/SIZE]
  • dori2o wrote: »
    They are destroying lives, they do lie, they have contributed to the death of many people.

And ultimately destroying the good name of the forum.
  • To all of those who have asked about investigations by HCP’s professional bodies, sorry for the delay in responding. The remit of the thread is questions about the Work Capability Assessment process, rather than questions like this. However, I can assure you that Atos Healthcare takes all complaints against any of its doctors, nurses and physiotherapists extremely seriously and always cooperates fully with the investigations of the GMC, the NMC and the Health and Care Professions Council HCPC. Only HCPs who retain registration with their professional body are permitted to continue to work with Atos Healthcare on disability assessments.

Nice try.

As you say "The remit of the thread is questions about the Work Capability Assessment process" so given that Atos "doctors" and "HCP" are involved in the WCA process how many "doctors" and "HCPs" have been reported to the GMC or Regulatory Bodies for carrying out sub-standard WCAs?
  • Atos_Healthcare_representativeAtos_Healthcare_representative Organisation Representatives - Private Messages may not be monitored
    221 posts
    What training do Atos give to someone who is registered with the GMC as a doctor that will enable them to assess a persons disability?
    If you, the Atos rep, need more information I'd be happy to provide it.

Hi skeggysteve

All of the HCP training materials are owned by the DWP, so you would need to ask the DWP for them.
    I am the official company representative of Atos Healthcare. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to [email protected] This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • HB58HB58 Forumite
    1.8K posts
    Surely ATOS carry out the training of the HCPs, not DWP?
  • HB58 wrote: »

HI, Looks like this will be my first post here.

I will confirm that Atos do carry out the training, You do a few weeks training, this is carried out by an Atos team leader. Although the Dwp basically set the training manual.
    221 posts
    HB58 wrote: »

Hi HB58,

Yes, Atos Healthcare conducts training, but although we might deliver training that does not mean that we are the owners of the design or training materials. DWP are the owners, which is why requests for information about the training need to be made to them.
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support