• tracy0770
    tracy0770 Posts: 86 Forumite
    Options
    they failed me on these points, mobility 200 meters. 1.d 6 points
    standing and sitting 2.c 6 points
    picking up and moving 4.c 6 points
    navigation sensory impaired 8.c 9 points
    consciousness 10, a 15 points as can not see
    lets wait and see what happends when i go next week, will keep you up to date
  • sicknotethefirst
    Options
    I think the so called customer rep has got what he wanted and gone??? or there are no more Cherries for him to pic.

Last Activity: 18-03-2013 3:38 PM
  • halight
    halight Posts: 3,629 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I think the so called customer rep has got what he wanted and gone??? or there are no more Cherries for him to pic.

Last Activity: 18-03-2013 3:38 PM

They seek Him here, They seek him there, They seek the ATOS PR rep everywhere

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    :jYou can have everything you wont in lfe, If you only help enough other people to get what they wont.:j
  • Atos_Healthcare_representative
    Atos_Healthcare_representative Posts: 221 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Hi Atos rep,

I've been looking at the descriptors for ESA and need some clarification.

The descriptor for '12. Awareness of everyday hazards (such as boiling water or sharp objects).' seems to be limited to people with mental health conditions. My husband is severely visually impaired and so has very limited awareness of this kind of thing, but the question seems to be aimed at those who would be unaware due to mental health or learning disabilities, rather than sensory impairment.

Would this descriptor still be applied to him, or is there another question that specifically relates unawareness of hazard to sensory impairment? Obviously this is a very large part of the reason he can't currently work.

Thanks.

Hi Wicked_witch

You would need to ask the DWP about the design of different descriptors, but I can confirm that visual function is assessed elsewhere during the Work Capability Assessment
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Atos Healthcare. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    Options
    JS477 wrote: »
    And what if they refuse because we have heard of HCPs not exactly sticking to the procedures that are laid down in the medical services handbook?

What recourse does the claimant undergoing the assessment have?

Hi JS477

You should do the same for this unlikely situation as for other situations that I’ve been asked about relating to the WCA process where it is thought that something hasn’t happened as it should have - contact us so that we can investigate.
    I am the official company representative of Atos Healthcare. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • sicknotethefirst
    Options
    Atos Rep: Do you know how I take a complaint to Atos at a second level? or an independent level.
    Options
    halight wrote: »
    Thank you for that answer,

Now please tell me how a HCP asking a question,
    Like.

"Can you walk to the local shops"

How dose that fit In with "Consistency" No body live the same distance from the local shops,

Also how dose that fit In with the individual’s situation ?

The HCP Dose not ask how far away the shops are. They could be three doors down or three miles away,. They only ask "Can you walk to the local shops."

You see someone who live very close to a local shop could answer yes I can walk to the local shoo. They could then lose money because of this. Someone else who live a mile from the local shop could say no. And get extra money.

How dose asking questions like that help with your "Consistency" and the individual’s situation when not all of the info is available, because the question is so remote

Hi Halight,

You are right, that question and the answer in isolation would be of little use. During the assessment the HCP may ask such a question, but this would be the opening to a line of questioning. To develop a fuller picture the HCP would then ask follow-up questions based on the answers that are given.
  • sicknotethefirst
    Options
    Atos Rep: Do you know how I take a complaint to Atos at a second level? or an independent level.

You seem to continually mis this one.
    Options
    Redman wrote: »
    Questions to The ATOS Rep ;

As this individuals query is with respect to the audio recording of a Home Assessment, as seen on this post ; http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=60056541&postcount=1470 , can The ATOS Rep please respond to the following.

Q1. Are ATOS now offering the facility for Home Assessments for DLA and/or ESA to be audio recorded ?

Q2. If the answer is "Yes" to Q1. above, how long has this facility been available for Home Assessments ?

Q3. If the answer to Q1. is "Yes" will all claimants requesting that their Home Assessment is audio recorded have this facility provided. If your response to this query, (Q3.) is "No" please give reasons for a "No" response.

Q4. Will this audio recording equipment be provided and set up by the assessing ATOS HCP/EMP. at no cost to the claimant ?

Q5. If the answer to Q4. above is "Yes", what type of audio recording equipment will be used ?

Q6. If responses to Q1. and Q4. are "Yes" will a copy of the audio recording be offered to the claimant at the end of the assessment, in all circumstances ?

Hi Redman

The answers that I have previously given on here still apply. That the question asked by claret-hammer relates to an assessment at home does not change anything with regards the processes in place. As sicknotethefirst has pointed out, further information about the recording of assessments can be found on our blog. If you want your assessment to be recorded you can arrange it by calling the number on your appointment letter.
  • sicknotethefirst
    Options

Did you mis this one????
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport