🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Ask Atos Healthcare disability assessment questions

Options

Comments

• HB58
    HB58 Posts: 1,787 Forumite
    Options
    hi,i have a atos home visit assessment coming up which atos will be recording,do i get a copy of the recording before he/she leaves?

I will be very interested to hear how this goes as I was under the impression that the recording equipment was not taken out to home visits.
  • Prinzessilein
    Prinzessilein Posts: 3,257 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I was promised a recording for my ATOS home visit. I was told ot was 'easier' to arrange to record the home visit than it is to record at the centre!

No surprises that when the assessor arrived she had 'not been informed' about the promised recording and had not brought the necessary equipment.

(There were many other problems surrounding the home visit - I am currently awaiting the results....next time I will not be relying on ATOS to keep their promise)
  • sicknotethefirst
    Options
    next time I will not be relying on ATOS to keep their promise)

Don't think they understand the word 'Promise'
  • westerby1
    Options
    The questions one is asked are a joke: can you put your arms above your head? The only people who would not be able do this at all would be people without arms, whose arms were paralysed,or suffered with a muscle wasting disease etc. Others would be able to do it BUT maybe only once, or maybe they would be in a lot of pain if they did it, maybe they could only manage it for a second or two.

It's like asking people if they could run over hot coals but then not bothering to enquire as to the state of the soles of their feet afterwards! Most people could run over hot coals if they really had to, but they could not keep doing it and they would be in severe pain and need medical treatment!

The Lima questions are closed questions and lima makes too many assumptions based on the answers, add to this the fact that the HCPS seem to twist what people say (or blatantly lie) the chance of getting an honest report is very small indeed.

Atos love to brag that only 0.3% of decisions are overturned on appeal because of errors in the medical report (the actual wording on the DWP website is SIGNIFICANT error) so there could still be a lot of reports with errors that are not deemed significant. The appeal judges do not state their reasons in 35% of cases. Of the 64.3% that do have a reason over 55% are overturned by either using exactly the same evidence but the Judges came to a different conclusion, or the judges asking questions and receiving verbal answers (something Atos is SUPPOSED to do in the first place!) Only 8.1% are because of new written evidence submitted on the day, if you remember the DWP said most appeals were won because new evidence was submitted, liars!

So I would conclude that over 55% of decisions are overturned because Atos did not either question people adequately and/or did not record claimants answers correctly.
  • sicknotethefirst
    Options
    Or they need to fail a number??????
  • Former_MSE_Andrea
    Options
    Evening everyone

Please remember we have a "no personal details" policy on the forum so please don't post the names of staff, whether it's Atos staff or elsewhere on the forum, or we will have to remove the posts.

Thank you

Andrea
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
  • schrodie
    schrodie Posts: 8,410 Forumite
    Options
    MSE_Andrea wrote: »
    Evening everyone

Please remember we have a "no personal details" policy on the forum so please don't post the names of staff, whether it's Atos staff or elsewhere on the forum, or we will have to remove the posts.

Thank you

Andrea

Andrea, does that include MSE not giving the personal details of forum users to Atos?
  • sicknotethefirst
    Options
    schrodie wrote: »
    Andrea, does that include MSE not giving the personal details of forum users to Atos?

If anyone has any sense they won't register on here with their real details or Ip, lets be honest who can you really trust here?????
  • sicknotethefirst
    Options
    Hi sicknotethefirst

It would depend on when on the 15th we received the complaint, but you can check on the progress of the investigation by calling the number that was on your acknowledgement letter for the person managing it.

I'm waiting for a very stropy person at Atos to respond to me as she did yesterday, I have asked them to let me know what is going on but I think this person will not get back to me, I have pointed out to her that in the Atos handbook it does say...

The Interim Update

In some circumstances you will have to issue an Interim Update to the claimant. This is provided to the claimant normally at 20 working days of receipt of the complaint. The Interim Update:
    • indicates when a full response can be expected
    • states that further investigation is needed
    • confirms the contact point for the claimant

But I get the feeling she doesn't like being told what Atos rules say????

I will probably have to involve my MP yet again.

Well I didn't get a reply from the manager of my complaint so I emailed them to ask why and guess what???? I was told 'The person dealing with my complaint wasn't in the office today' Not really a surprise as they never follow the rules anyway. So Mr/Ms Atos rep once again you are wrong... Atos do not follow the rules not even their own.
  • Wicked_witch
    Options
    Hi Atos rep,

I've been looking at the descriptors for ESA and need some clarification.

The descriptor for '12. Awareness of everyday hazards (such as boiling water or sharp objects).' seems to be limited to people with mental health conditions. My husband is severely visually impaired and so has very limited awareness of this kind of thing, but the question seems to be aimed at those who would be unaware due to mental health or learning disabilities, rather than sensory impairment.

Would this descriptor still be applied to him, or is there another question that specifically relates unawareness of hazard to sensory impairment? Obviously this is a very large part of the reason he can't currently work.

Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 6 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family