Swagging in 2013 - Part 1

Options

Comments

• Happi
    Happi Posts: 1,523 Forumite
    Photogenic Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm just finding the idea of all this sort of in crowd out crowd, who gets to join groups, who gets to be told the offers that credit and who doesn't really really unsettling - there is so much trying to hide stuff and worrying about what is read here on the thread its making my head turn inside out - its not SB i am having the problem with its what is happening here. I can moan etc like the best of them - i have severe depression so trust me i can moan :p :rotfl: its not that, its the trying to hide stuff and talk of spies etc honestly if i wasn't paranoid already i would be just reading this thread :(

Don't worry fairy, 98% here are not in a crowd, i respect the posters on here too much, people like paulshorse and others who go out of there way to help others, i moan about lurkers but i still post about good offers and tips.

If people want to make a quick buck from a glitch, you know what they say.... if it's too good to be true......
  • pumpkin1964
    pumpkin1964 Posts: 229 Forumite
    Options
    aarggg just got a ds eventually on sainsburys online shopping, got all the way to the end then it just came up 'Terminated'. And no bucks. After not getting my Ts points earlier after finishing that survey, I am not a happy bunny. And still only on 29/90
    :(:(:(
  • miwa
    miwa Posts: 1,512 Forumite
    Options
    aarggg just got a ds eventually on sainsburys online shopping, got all the way to the end then it just came up 'Terminated'. And no bucks. After not getting my Ts points earlier after finishing that survey, I am not a happy bunny. And still only on 29/90
    :(:(:(

:( Sorry to hear that pumpkin. Maybe that one about shoes is still up? I think it asked me if I'd been shopping in the last 6 months?
  • spiritwood
    spiritwood Posts: 992 Forumite
    Options
    ANYWAY... how has veerybody's swagbucks day been then......

O-o
    Originally Posted by easylife73:

Totally enjoyed your glittery fanjo spiritwood...and how totally wrong does THAT sound??!
  • kur0t4k4
    kur0t4k4 Posts: 50 Forumite
    Options
    spiritwood wrote: »
    ANYWAY... how has veerybody's swagbucks day been then......

O-o

To be honest it started off really slow but after lunch I manage to make the daily target and then some. Plus I've just searched for 'how do I win at swagbucks' and got 25 SBS which puts me well over my daily target of 200.
  • atti
    atti Posts: 224 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    TS for 75SB on Chocolate. Now I really want some Galaxy, mmmmm.
    #13 Make 2023 in 2023 - £2085.20/£2023
    #23 Save £8k in 2023 - £6642.66/£8000
  • Zakalwe
    Zakalwe Posts: 210 Forumite
    Options
    Happi wrote: »
    All well and good but i have never used a bot like you to rack up bucks watching sbtv, lmfao!!!!

Hard to bot when I have a captcha on everything :p
  • Former_MSE_Andrea
    Options
    Hi everyone

It's a shame to see a good long-running thread stopped so we've re-opened this one.

Remember we're a friendly forum about helping each other save money.
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
  • cally6008
    cally6008 Posts: 7,629 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Why ?

This is the new one - http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4577421

We have a new topic each month to stop them getting too long
  • visada
    visada Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    I recently joined Swagbucks after reading about it in the newsletter. Great site all told, but do beware of a Swagbucks offer from Wippy.com. It purports to be an auction site but has what in my opinion are dodgy practices. First it offers a free "trial" membership. You go onto the site expecting to be able to cancel. However if you make any purchases using your credit or debit card, you are automatically charged a membership fee of £34.00 ! Secondly, the "auction" lists products such as iPads and iPhones, other electronic gadgets, monetary credit etc. all with very low prices and a two minute timer that re-sets at each bid. In order to bid on anything you need to purchase "bids", but to start with you are given 10 "free bids". The price continues to go up when someone bids but then at a certain point hits a "maximum" limit. It still accepts bids however, and the timer will of course re-tart the 2 min countdown. This means that potentially that item can go on receiving bids ad infinitum, never ending. Further, if you have used a free bid, you are deemed to have used a "membership benefit" and loose the right to end your "trial"! Not only is it hard (impossible?) to win an item, but even attempting to use the site costs £34 and change.
    This is a very clever scam, in my opinion, so do beware. I have complained to Swagbucks about having them on their otherwise excellent site and would encourage others to give them the same advice.
    I will be filing a complaint with trading standards and will use my credit card's dispute facilities to try to recoup my money, but please do beware of this rip-off.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure