Need not Want.

Options

Comments

• elly68
    elly68 Posts: 2,538 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    thats funnybut well done i always want the whole shop when i go to ikea i never get it though as hubby drags you through like there is a fire behind you ,actually he is like that in most shops lol
    So finally debt free and it feels amazing however continuing here to stay debt free.Next declutter house and body and finally swim under that waterfall x
  • elly68
    Options
    my question is though do i need a ww2 propeller to hang on my living room wall ,i'm currently convincing myself that oh would love it
    So finally debt free and it feels amazing however continuing here to stay debt free.Next declutter house and body and finally swim under that waterfall x
  • suburbanwifey
    suburbanwifey Posts: 1,642 Forumite
    Options
    spandles wrote: »
    Mini - you could just have a wash and cut without the (expensive) blowdry - or wash your hair before you go and just have a wet cut.

I've done this for the last 10 years! When I first went to my hairdresser I told her I just wanted a colour and cut, no blowdry. She said you can't go home with it wet! I said yes I can as no hairdresser blowdrys it correctly :p and I don't think 15 pounds for blowdrying my hair is good value. I never pay for blowdry, always go home with hair wet and dry it at home and its better and cheaper that way. 15 pounds for a blowdry? ridiculous!!
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    elly68 wrote: »
    thats funnybut well done i always want the whole shop when i go to ikea i never get it though as hubby drags you through like there is a fire behind you ,actually he is like that in most shops lol

:rotfl: my OH is the same, in fact the first time we went to Ikea there was a fire door open that he dragged me through thus bypassing the whole 'market' section where they have all the little house bits - I was aghast :eek::rotfl:
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• lamarsi
    lamarsi Posts: 805 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    what a great thread, glad it's been revived (is that the right word?:/) been trying to live with this mantra for the last couple of months now hit and miss success! Personally I'm going to have one last 'don't care about what I'm spending/ eating ' week next week whilst on my hols then I'm determined to go back to being Scrooge McDuck until chrimbo! although my bathroom blind is a little embarrassing now your mentioning Ikea :(
    get rid of all the pounds by summer !!
    weight loss 3/42 lb
    Debt from 1st March:
    Was -£8900 NOW-£5000 PAID- £3900
    Get rid of the weight, pay the debt, then get myself a campavan! :T
  • kerri_gt
    Options
    lamarsi wrote: »
    although my bathroom blind is a little embarrassing now your mentioning Ikea :(

Can anyone pick me up a shower curtain too please? :D
    JAN NSD 11/16

• elly68
    Options
    lamarsi wrote: »
    what a great thread, glad it's been revived (is that the right word?:/) been trying to live with this mantra for the last couple of months now hit and miss success! Personally I'm going to have one last 'don't care about what I'm spending/ eating ' week next week whilst on my hols then I'm determined to go back to being Scrooge McDuck until chrimbo! although my bathroom blind is a little embarrassing now your mentioning Ikea :(
    thats exactly what i did last week weather was crap hope you get better :T
    lol,the propeller may be my last stupid buy just bid however 31 watchers on ebay so probably not .diet starts tomorrow although going to try hard today in preparation .
  • elly68
    Options
    no propeller stupid spend on chinese and greggs though really need to get a grip xmas is a coming
  • kerri_gt
    Options
    elly68 wrote: »
    no propeller stupid spend on chinese and greggs though really need to get a grip xmas is a coming

only 4 more pay days until xmas (excl Dec) :eek:
    JAN NSD 11/16

• 365days
    365days Posts: 1,347 Forumite
    Options
    I'm feeling a little bit smug in that I've been saving £30 a month this year for christmas. First time ever and it is a great feeling knowing that there will be money there to cover it.

I also bought my first christmas present today for the grand total of £1.45 !!!

Was walking past a charity shop which ahd a table outside with books on. Found a brand new, thick, dorling kindersley book on horse riding for £1.45. Excellent as part of one of the nieces presents.

Did my annual bra shop today too!!! I have been overly blessed in that department so not many places sell my size!! Tried on 4 but only bought 2.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure