Need not Want.

Options

Comments

• FireWyrm
    FireWyrm Posts: 6,557 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Skint_Catt wrote: »
    I use Aldi washing liquid & find it fab :)

Sorry FireWyrm - thought it was your first mini Wyrm! :)

C xx

Nope, third. But like I said...I used to be spectacularly disorganised both in money and general life (which might explain the money situation). I've never HAD a bag as such packed...more, whatever he threw in a bag after the fact. I'm doing things differently this time. His idea of packing a bag leaves lots to be desired I can tell you.

Where do you get soda crystals from?

White vinegar is used for washing nappies (or I used to use it for this anyway).
    Debt Free! Long road, but we did it
    Meet my best friend : YNAB (you need a budget)
    My other best friend is a filofax.
    Do or do not, there is no try....Yoda.

[/COLOR]
  • FireWyrm
    FireWyrm Posts: 6,557 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Bought some unnecessary reduced doughnuts (20p) and cookies (30p) .

Doughnuts are NEVER unnecessary. :rotfl:
    Debt Free! Long road, but we did it
    Meet my best friend : YNAB (you need a budget)
    My other best friend is a filofax.
    Do or do not, there is no try....Yoda.

[/COLOR]
  • minicooper272
    Options
    Skint_Catt wrote: »
    If you buy a bag of soda crystals (90p last time I bought some) and use less powder, and a small scoop of soda crystals it goes even further & a small bag lasts ages. It softens the water so you use less detergent (see the foam if you don't!!) & is a good stain remover too :)

That's a great tip! I just switched to using eco balls, because I shouldn't really use washing powder, but wonder if it's worth adding a dot of soda crystals in to soften the water anyway? I'll try to remember this one if I ever can go back to powder.
  • 365days
    365days Posts: 1,347 Forumite
    Options
    Not sure how much others use but I use 3 desertspoons of powder. Another good tip on stains is a squirt of neat washing up liquid on it just before it goes in the machine. Will be looking out for soda crystals now too.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • FireWyrm wrote: »
    Doughnuts are NEVER unnecessary. :rotfl:

They don't help my diet though :p

On the "Where can I get Soda Crystals from?"

You can get them in Tesco, next to the washing powder. They often are sold out in ours (someone let the secret out!).

Otherwise, Wilkos, Homebase, B&Q etc.
    My wife usually picks ours up from our high street hardware store which is not only cheaper than Tesco, but helps out our dying high street.
  • Skint_Catt
    Skint_Catt Posts: 11,548 Forumite
    Options
    Soda crystals were from one of the major supermarkets though I can't remember which one now, sorry!
    C xx
  • telboyo
    telboyo Posts: 410 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I get my Soda crystals from Home Bargains- the shop that make s Aldi and Lidl look expensive.
  • armchairexpert
    Options
    Can I join this lovely thread? I am pretty good at deciding whether I want or need anything for me, but I'm a total sucker when it comes to things like kids' clothes. I couldn't find a light jacket for DD1 this morning, so here I am online looking at cardigans and things, but really I just need to go through her wardrobe properly and see if there's anything stashed away in the next-size-up bag I can use.

This afternoon I need to pop into a shop for a single onion (bad planning). This is a danger zone, I can feel it, so I'm saying it here. I need ONE ONION!
    MFW diary here. 1 Feb 2017 $229,371 - MFD Feb 2043 :eek: aiming for May 2028
    14 August 2017 - Refinanced: $220,000
    January 2019 $211,580 Current MFD 31 June 2036
  • theseeker1
    Options
    I read a couple of books on saving and budgeting stuff.. Like that.

Yep, A want does make a big difference from a Need.

I became very aware now and discipline to know what I need. And only have the things I need.

It was not easy but others did it so I can! :)
  • elly68
    elly68 Posts: 2,537 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    well my holiday quandry has been solved turned out dh was muttering as he is planning a new bathroom on a budget so no holiday ,however good new i have a new job whoohooo will save me 3 hrs travelling and 150 a month in diesel
    So finally debt free and it feels amazing however continuing here to stay debt free.Next declutter house and body and finally swim under that waterfall x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure