PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The I will MEAL PLAN and not change my mind thread.....

Options

Comments

• elsiepac
    elsiepac Posts: 2,561 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I'd like to join too please, I make the plans, I just haven't been sticking to them!!!

I have 2 portions of roast carrot soup and 1 portion of LO sweetcorn fritters so that is today and tomorrow's lunch, and tonights tea sorted... after that, I don't know! But I have a couple of new recipe books so will get planning tonight!

LC x
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Old Style, Crafting and Techie Stuff boards.If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    GC: May 22 £tbc/£250 Vegan 27-8-13
  • Flat_Eric
    Flat_Eric Posts: 4,060 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 27 December 2012 at 4:46PM
    Options
    Meal plan for the next few days...

Thursday 27th: Breaded chicken, chips, onion rings
    Friday 28th: sausages and mash
    Saturday 29th: sweet and sour chicken
    Sunday 30th: Home made pasties
    Monday 31st: casserole
    Tuesday 1st:
    Wednesday 2nd: (lunch) casserole
    evening - party food(?)
    Thursday 3rd:
    Friday 4th:
    Saturday 5th:
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Can't believe how perfect this challenge is for me. I always write out a menu plan for the week but by the time evenings come around I can never be bothered to cook what I've put on the list. Self-discipline is the key!
  • Flat_Eric
    Flat_Eric Posts: 4,060 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    poohspals wrote: »
    Can't believe how perfect this challenge is for me. I always write out a menu plan for the week but by the time evenings come around I can never be bothered to cook what I've put on the list. Self-discipline is the key!

I've lost count of the times I've bought something in the morning for dinner that evening only to change my mind ! I have even been known to buy something on my way home from work for dinner but go off the idea by the time I get home.....
  • Marmite27
    Options
    Been trying to stick with this all year, some weeks have been better than others!

Mine run Fri to Thu, however are a bit jumbly due to Christmas/NYE.

T 27th HM Lasagne (already in the freezer!) salad and garlic bread.

F 28th Chicken curry & pilau rice, was supposed to have this last week, but OH took me out for fish & chips.

S 29th Cottage pie, cauli/broc/carrot.

M 31st Pork chow mein.

T 1st NYE dinner at my parents.

W 2nd First day back at work since before Christmas, so fish fingers, chips and beans.

T 3rd BE Chargrill in a pitta with mushroom rice & salad.
  • coldcazzie
    coldcazzie Posts: 1,407 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    coldcazzie wrote: »
    I am entering into negotiations with my eldest DD (Squish) over meals/eating, so my plans will have to change somewhat I think.

I shall sit down with Squish and go through our usual meals and report back.

Actually not nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be - we've written down the things we are going to try changing and go from there. Things like swapping chopped toms with passata so the sauce is smooth instead of lumpy to see if that makes a difference. Will see.
    Rule 7: If you're not changing it, you're choosing it.
    MFW 2020: 1 Jan £92903.90 ~ OP £536.80/£500
    MFW 2021: 1 Jan £89281.21 ~ OP £404.62/£500
    MFW 2022: 1 Jan £85579.20 ~ OPs on hold.
  • coldcazzie
    Options
    poohspals wrote: »

I try really hard to plan meals according to what I have going on, and they are quite flexible too. So if I know we're going to be out for a large portion of the day I'll stick something in the slow cooker, or choose something like pasta with hm sauce from the freezer, and I save effortful meals for the days where we have less on.

Flexibility is important because I suck at taking stuff out of the freezer to defrost in time :rotfl:
  • coldcazzie
    Options
    Marmite27 wrote: »
    T 3rd BE Chargrill in a pitta with mushroom rice & salad.

What's BE chargrill?

ETA: sorry for the posting frenzy lol :o
  • Marmite27
    Options
    coldcazzie wrote: »
    What's BE chargrill?

ETA: sorry for the posting frenzy lol :o

sorry for abbreviating, that's how it goes on the shopping list, just the bird's eye frozen chicken portions, usually switched around to a day where one of us has forgotten to get something out of the freezer as they're cooked from frozen!
  • coldcazzie
    Options
    Marmite27 wrote: »
    sorry for abbreviating, that's how it goes on the shopping list, just the bird's eye frozen chicken portions, usually switched around to a day where one of us has forgotten to get something out of the freezer as they're cooked from frozen!

No worries :) and thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure