Need to lose 84 lbs

So I have a exercise bike at home which I should use more and I used to be a member of a leisure centre but never went lol

Now I need to lose weight and have decided on Military Fitness and to take one class a week, more if possible. I have also thought about taking up running but I don't like the idea of running on public streets on my own lol So I have throught of joining a running club is this a good idea? Also I want to take up tennis again but it's just getting the money & time for all this.

My aim is to lose 1.5 lb a week is this do able?

Comments

• McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,816
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Course it's doable, my daughter lost nearly 3 stone in 12 months, you just have to keep up the motivaion and determination. She joined a running club too, loved it but like you doesnt feel safe running on her own.

No messing, go on your bike every single day, and eat smaller portions.
    No excuses, every single day and up the time by a couple of minutes each day on the bike.
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • You can do it!

I joined the gym and I've made loads of friends and that will be the same if you join a running club. Keep going and don't stop, as soon as you start seeing results you'll be addicted!

Good luck and try and make a note on here of your progress, we'll all try and keep you motivated
    2019 wins: Nothing yet :(
  • debrag
    debrag Posts: 3,426 Forumite
    oh it's not that I don't feel safe on the streets it's that I feel self-conscious.
  • debrag
    You can do it!

I joined the gym and I've made loads of friends and that will be the same if you join a running club. Keep going and don't stop, as soon as you start seeing results you'll be addicted!

Good luck and try and make a note on here of your progress, we'll all try and keep you motivated

Will weigh myself new years day and start from there.
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    debrag wrote: »
    So I have a exercise bike at home which I should use more and I used to be a member of a leisure centre but never went lol

Now I need to lose weight and have decided on Military Fitness and to take one class a week, more if possible. I have also thought about taking up running but I don't like the idea of running on public streets on my own lol So I have throught of joining a running club is this a good idea? Also I want to take up tennis again but it's just getting the money & time for all this.

My aim is to lose 1.5 lb a week is this do able?

you need to take a structured approach
    It doesn't really matter what folks recommend. its what works/fits for you
    given your weight,you may wish to avoid impact exercises like running
    7 stone extra impacting on the body is a lot.
    of course you need to key in diet here.
  • debrag
    It's only 6 stone and that is to be at the lowest possible for my height. Basically I need to be between 50 & 66 kg, I'm currently around 88kg :(

I would have thought all exercises were impact exercises apart from swimming.
  • pink_princess
    pink_princess Posts: 13,581 Forumite
    You can do it, just don't try to do too much straight away. Small healthy changes are the one's that will become a way of life-
    Life is short, smile while you still have teeth :D
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    debrag wrote: »
    It's only 6 stone and that is to be at the lowest possible for my height. Basically I need to be between 50 & 66 kg, I'm currently around 88kg :(

I would have thought all exercises were impact exercises apart from swimming.

not at all
    wheres the impact in a push up?
    wheres the impact in a squat?
    there are gazillion exercise options out there
    its just finding what works for you
    if you want to go military style then I would be expecting plenty of body weight type stuff

Im a big fan of circuit training on HIT
    a timer and a mix of exercises
    high intensity
  • debrag
    This is military fitness

I thought the impact of a squat was on your knees, clearly I don't understand the use of 'impact'
  • cte1111
    cte1111 Posts: 7,390
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    90% of weight loss is done through changing what you eat. Exercise is great for increasing your fitness levels and overall healthiness, but to lose a serious amount of weight, it needs to be coupled with a healthy eating plan.

Maybe try Slimming World or Weight Watchers alongside the exercise classes? Good luck with your plan.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure