Rising to the top of the ocean - and staying afloat!

Options

Comments

• rising_from_the_ashes
    Options
    Mmmm hadn't though about that!

I have a "thing" about the no 13 so it may well be

Builder in my street obviously did too as there is no 13 & all the houses have either 12 or 14 stairs etc :D

Didn't sleep...... going to be a looooooong day:eek:

Have a good one whatever you're up to:)

Ohhh checked emails & surprise - no cancellation email from co 2 :( let's hope that doesn't arrive too!:eek:
    Grocery Challenge £211/£455 (01/01-31/03)
    2016 Sell: £125/£250
    £1,000 Emergency Fund Challenge #78 £3.96 / £1,000
    Vet Fund: £410.93 / £1,000
    Debt free & determined to stay that way!
  • rising_from_the_ashes
    Options
    Been trying to clear out the spare room a bit - it's become my laundry room :o TD is in there & it's fab being able to have the airers & all the washing in one place out the way ... will need to try to fit the big airer into my bedroom somehow :eek::(

Have managed to fit the blanket box & the bookcase into the smaller room (which is supposed to be my study) which is the pets room (Archie's food / litter tray & food etc AND it's overflowing :eek:

Been trying to do my winter stock up so I don't need to worry about stuff in case the weather gets bad BUT everything's been on offer - have 2 x 15kg sacks of dog food (and another open one in the bin) which saved £28 :money:, and loads of tinned stuff (another fab offer) - lots of Archie's wet (another offer:o £4.88 / box & it worked out at around £2.70 / box in the end:D) - dry for the cats - Mia's wet (which hadn't been on offer but as I was going I'd bought to take with me)

Trying to think of places I can put it (where I won't forget I've got it & buy more:o

Tins of Maisie's wet are already in the spare laundry basket in the bathroom :rotfl:

Thinking I'll put the sofa bed down in the spare room & make it up so at least when I can spend the night in there with Mia, I'm not carting bedding back & forwards

*sigh*

Bought a bottle of red wine today :o
  • RosaBernicia
    RosaBernicia Posts: 4,890 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Garage? Shed? Small store-it-out plastic shed thing, or even one of the cushions boxes? (they are waterproof and look OK so alright for sealed stuff).

Rosa xx
    Debt free May 2016... DFW#2 in progress
    Campervan paid off summer '21... MFW progress tbc
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,645 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    No wonder you bought a bottle of red.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • rising_from_the_ashes
    Options
    Quick catch up - she's home

Not sure whether to do a :) as I have really missed her and she's my baby girl :o or a :( as things are obviously going to be a bit difficult for a while

She's in a much better mood than I thought she'd be :)

Had a long chat with my pal (who I do believe was sad it hadn't worked out & sad to see her go) - and I think there's been 2 issues:

1) when I arrived, there was a cat in her front garden :eek: asked if Mia sat on the windowsill and looked out ... yup! That's def going to have wound her up / caused the hissing fits!

2) although she was OK with my pals son, he's a typical teenager and there's always lots of (new) people in / out. Mia's never really had to contend with loads of people she doesn't know coming in (as nearly everyone who comes here she knows / it's maybe 1 new person at a time) and it's really upset / stressed her out :(

Managed to get her in the spare room without coming face to face with archie - sure he knows she's in there ...... he did come upstairs last night though and was asleep in his bed (in the shower!) earlier:

1-P1000462_zpsec79cbb8.jpg

Have ordered another Feliway thing to put in my bedroom (other one in with her)

Honestly, swear all 3 of them are trying their best to bankrupt me atm :eek:

Thankfully food stocks are looking good!

I got loads of his food on offer the other week (think there's 12 boxes!) and got some of hers to take up (shouldn't have bothered!) and she came back with some so have 11 of hers too! :T
  • rising_from_the_ashes
    Options
    I've been trying to clear my bedroom a bit (loads of stuff has ended up in there :() as will need to try to get the airer up in there :eek:

(Hate that idea & not good for me either but literally no-where else for it to go :()

decided it was good to put everything onto my bed so I have to clear it before I can get in tonight :p

Getting winter tyres put on the car tomorrow .... that's another £50 :eek:

I feel like I'm haemorrhaging money atm :eek:

Hope you're having a lovely Sunday ....
  • beanielou
    Options
    Hope it all settles down ok.
    Will you still be ok for Sat?
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• rising_from_the_ashes
    Options
    Yup should be fine - my neighbour fixed the door so it really shouldn't open but I do loop a scarf from the handle to the bathroom handle - just in case they have a hissy fit at each other through it and either one of them whallops against the door and it opens :eek: (hopefully I should be OK if I have a bath now though as she managed to escape before!)

I'm a bit worried about timings tho :o I do need to be back by 5 at the absolute latest for Maisie - especially with the clocks changing (as she doesn't know they've changed so wanted her dinner at 4pm today!)
  • beanielou
    Options
    Well just let me know what works for you.

• rising_from_the_ashes
    Options
    Just been watching the news - OMG the weather's awful down south :(

Hope you're all safe where ever you are
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure