🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Rising to the top of the ocean - and staying afloat!

Options

Comments

• elantan
    elantan Posts: 21,018 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 20 October 2013 at 6:24PM
    Options
    Oh rising I wish I had known you were at M&D's we could've met up ... If your going again give me a wee pm and we can meet xx
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,783 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    elantan wrote: »
    Oh rising I wish I had known you were at M&D's we could've met up ... If your going again give me a wee pm and we can meet xx

El~Dont think Rising means M & D's in your neck of the woods but her M & D's.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • elantan
    Options
    ahhhh right ... i thought there was only one lol
  • beanielou
    Options
    Mum & dad's I think!
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• elantan
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Mum & dad's I think!

ha ha ha ha ha that makes sense :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • rising_from_the_ashes
    Options
    OMG sorry but I'm sitting here :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Sorry El - I was at my Mum & Dads :o

I have been to M&Ds many moons ago (one of my ex's used to have a theme park "thing" and I used to get dragged all over the country to them)
    Grocery Challenge £211/£455 (01/01-31/03)
    2016 Sell: £125/£250
    £1,000 Emergency Fund Challenge #78 £3.96 / £1,000
    Vet Fund: £410.93 / £1,000
    Debt free & determined to stay that way!
  • rising_from_the_ashes
    Options
    Knew there was something I was going to say :o

Had to take Maisie to the vet - she had a lump on her nose .....

I thought she'd pulled a whisker out and it started pimple sized ..... and grew .... and grew :eek:

Didn't seem to be bothering her too much but it wasn't looking that pleasant so bit the bullet and went ...... £122 later :eek: - it was drained and she's got anti-biotics for a week, which came to around £70

I then got some Advo*cate which is supposed to work well for harvest mites as the poor lamb's chewing her feet constantly :( so that was another £33 .....

THEN when I got home and looked at the statement - I've been beeping well overcharged :mad:

She had her booster in July and I had a 1/2 price offer from P@H so I phoned & my vets said they'd match it. So I went & paid 1/2 price ...... and now the other 1/2 re-appeared on my bill .... 3 months later :mad:

Just wait until the morning ........

BUT ..... it gets better ....... drum roll please (new post needed I think)
  • rising_from_the_ashes
    Options
    Placed an order for some bits for Mia (mentioned earlier) but never got the dispatch notice - and cancelled it and re-ordered elsewhere so ...... got home tonight .....

And there's a beeping email from the 1st companies courier saying it's being delivered tomorrow :mad: AND

that it needs signed for :mad:

Even though I phoned before I ordered to check they would leave without a signature AND the beeping order's supposed to have been cancelled :mad:

Another phone call needed in the morning :(
  • rising_from_the_ashes
    Options
    *sigh*

That's better getting all of that off my chest :o

Hope I sleep tonight now :)
  • beanielou
    Options
    Bleeping heck.
    Just shows you have to watch them like a hawk.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport