Rising to the top of the ocean - and staying afloat!

Options

Comments

• rising_from_the_ashes
    Options
    Another rant coming .... forgive me :o

Online order saga continues ......

Phoned up at lunchtime (company 1) and said I was confused as the order was cancelled last Friday but I'd got notification from the courier it was coming today ..... guy confirmed it was cancelled & said he'd email to confirm refund

He also said I was the 2nd person today so obviously something's gone wrong somewhere as they're automated messages .....

So ... 1/2 an hour later - got a text from courier saying it was arriving between 4:20 and 5:20 ......

Got home and ..... it's beeping well in the garage :mad: AND I've got the email confirming the order's been cancelled and a refund issued :(

MEANTIME, company 2 (who I've ordered from loads & always deliver quickly) haven't yet sent a dispatch notice ..... :mad:

What do I do?
    Grocery Challenge £211/£455 (01/01-31/03)
    2016 Sell: £125/£250
    £1,000 Emergency Fund Challenge #78 £3.96 / £1,000
    Vet Fund: £410.93 / £1,000
    Debt free & determined to stay that way!
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,645 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Cancel second lot.
    Keep stum about first lot meantime & see what happens.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • RosaBernicia
    Options
    Very quickly ...... Rosa - if you're on one of these monthly things & get flea & worming stuff ever month (which I know no one will ever use that much!)

Still collect them - if you don't use them I know any rescue would be really grateful for them (and they have been paid for so .....

I must go up to the local shelter - have been meaning to ring and ask if they could use spare stuff left from the last vets so glad to hear they will :) also have a huge litter tray that could go to them now I am converted to Cleansteps.

Beanie, here's the link for the P@H vets plan. http://www.companioncare.co.uk/special-offers.html?offer=2841

They won't put their prices online, only in the store, but IIRC it worked out to about £50 for the year's treatments once you costed the vaccinations and an extra consultation. It may not be the very cheapest option but I like the principle and would use that vets anyway, so am supporting it. I would point out that the 'perks' are one off vouchers though, not throughout the year.

I must get little mog's claws trimmed as I'm sure they are too long... she's not going to like it :eek:

Rosa xx
    Debt free May 2016... DFW#2 in progress
    Campervan paid off summer '21... MFW progress tbc
  • rising_from_the_ashes
    Options
    Very quickly ..... very stressed ......

Managed to cancel 2nd online order :T - tried phoning the 1st lot (3 times) and couldn't get through so will wait for them to contact me!

Anyway ...... Stressed to the hilt - have no idea what I'm going to do

I'm having to bring Mia home :( she's taken to attacking my pal & her son :( AND peeing everywhere :( (which she's never ever done before) .....

Short term (as not much time to sort anything by Saturday) - I'm going to have to clear out the spare room & put her in there ...... long term who knows:eek:

Really disappointed - thought she'd settle & love having 1-2-1 attention

Upset for all 3 of them - Archie's come out his shell so much in the past fortnight & its been lovely to see the "old him" reappear - worried how he'll cope:(

He's also only been going out for a couple of hours from when I get up to go to work - so he's obviously been staying out all day to avoid her .....

One of these days I've write something positive on here :o

Maybe it's good to get all the carp out the way so I can start afresh next year :rotfl:
  • beanielou
    Options
    Oh dear.
    2013 has certainly not been a great year for a lot of us :(
    No wonder you are stressed.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• rising_from_the_ashes
    Options
    No it hasn't :(

Honestly thought after the end to last year it would be soooo much better :p

Do you know it's a year (this week) since I was in hospital!
  • beanielou
    Options
    Blimey so it is :eek:
    The time has just been whizzing past.

• RosaBernicia
    RosaBernicia Posts: 4,890 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Oh no sorry to hear that Rising

Useful suggestions drawing a blank so sending virtual hug!

Rosa xx
    Debt free May 2016... DFW#2 in progress
    Campervan paid off summer '21... MFW progress tbc
  • slowlyfading
    slowlyfading Posts: 13,429 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Oh dear :( here's hoping a solution will appear :)
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
    Personal Finance Blogger + YouTuber / In pursuit of FIRE
  • kissjenn
    kissjenn Posts: 2,358 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    I'm so sorry Rising that's so difficult for you.

Maybe its the 13 in 2013 that's done for us all :(
    :A Let us be grateful to people who make us happy: they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom. Marcel Proust :A
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure