New Life, My DFW Diary!

Options

Comments

• prophecy_grrl
    Options
    Hi Lucy

Don't know if I'm too late, but re: the false nails...

I wore false nails for my wedding in 2005, Everyone commented on how lovely they were, and they look fab in the photos - I bought two packs of 95p nails from Wilkinsons, ready painted french manicure, they were fab. The peach coloured ones are much nicer on than the pink ones, and I needed 2 packs cos I have small nails so had to use the small ones from both packs.

HTH :-)
    *** PROPHECY_GRRL***
    *** DEBT FREE AS OF 17/10/11 - I DID IT!!! ***
  • Lucy1982_2
    Lucy1982_2 Posts: 4,611 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Prophecy

You are not to late. I'll pop into town later and have a looks. Sounds like more my price!

Thanks
    Current debt - £16,300 :(
    Debt at worst 17/03/2011 - £18,067.62:eek::eek:
    :ANot going anywhere else, ever again :A
  • Lucy1982_2
    Options
    Well it's Monday morning again. I hope we are all looking forward to another good week.

I had to buy a few things on Saturday which was a little worrying as I was going out on Saturday night. The worry was completely unfounded. I spend £18.50 during the day (not good but needed) and I managed a night out on £4.00! I drove so my mates bought me drinks :D

I've got rid of more stuff on Amazon and I'm due to have £37.91 transfered into my current account today. Although I haven't received my refund from Sky yet so I'll have to chase them if it hasn't hit my account by tomorrow. That'll be fun I was on the phone for nearly an hour the other day :mad:

But as I have a load of parcels to send out today it doesn't look like I'll have a NSD and I'm having my hair cut this evening, although as it's by a family friend I'm only ever charged £7.50 :T

But it's only a 4 day week this week as I have Friday off to get ready for my cousin's wedding! Which should save on petrol :j And then I'm on holiday the week after the bank holiday so I'm looking forward to getting my car insurance sorted and saving myself even more money!

Have fun
  • Lucy1982_2
    Options
    Well I have collected my free book :j although I had to pay a pound for car parking :mad: As I didn't have time to drive around looking for a free parking space :rolleyes:.

I've also done a quick tot up of the 'other' outgoings I've spent so far this month and it;s to much :mad:. Better than it has been in the past, I mean I've was paid 10 days ago and I'm still in credit :T which doesn't happen very often. I'm still on track to pay off £100 from my overdraft but I was hoping it would be more. But I'm on holiday next week which should save me some and will give me time to sort my junk out. I'm going to do a carboot and possible ebay once I've sorted and gone to the library to use the computers.

So really it's not that bad and as my cousin will be on her honeymoon for 2 weeks I'll not be going out with her for a while which will save me bucket loads :D

However on top of all this my diet has gone to pot today as I've had a small apple pie and a whole chocolate bar :mad: so I'm not going to lose anything this week and I spent money on the chocolate bar and all it did was make me feel ill! I'm sure there's a lesson there!

Never mind
  • Lucy1982_2
    Options
    Well I had a NSD yesterday as I had some nasty 24hr bug which meant I didn't get out of bed.

I had some payments go out of my account which means I am now back into my overdraft :mad: It was always going to happen, but it is irritating. Just need to be careful for the rest of the month. Although I am happy in the one fact that I normally edge into my overdraft much quicker than this!

Check my current account online this morning and Sky have refunded me the £40 for the broadband box, but not the £15 the promised as a 'good will' payment :mad: which means I now have to ring them back and find out where it has gone :mad:

However my first Amazon payment is winging it's way to me and should hit my account soon :j

But I'm on holiday all of next week so I'm going to have loads of no spend days which will be good and as I don't have to drive to work I'm hoping I'll save on petrol to.

Keep saving
  • Lucy1982_2
    Options
    Hi

I don't know if many people actually read this, but it is keeping me sane and letting me waffle!

I've been reading a bit of Immoral_Angels diary and I've decided to set myself little targets. The first one is to clear my store card by the end of May (Only £28.00 so no problem) and then the second is to pay off the second store card (balance around £425) and overdraft (was £498! :eek: ) by the end of the year, ideally Oct/Nov!

Which is a total of just under a £1000. Plus making all the payments on my other debts. This doesn't sound like much but the APR on the SC is 24.9% :eek: and I struggle with overdrafts as the eat so much of my money, it's like a never ending circle!!!

But my logic is that I'll then have more free money to throw at my loans. One runs until Feb 08 and the other until Sept 2010. But I'm feeling really positive and looking forward to the challenge, even through I've headed back into my overdraft today, but a load of my DD's went out, so it's all budgeted for.

I'm going to stick with the positive feeling and I'm going to look through all of my recipts tonight and see if there is anything I can start cutting out next month.
  • ifstar
    ifstar Posts: 487 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Lucy,
    I look in when i see your thread being bumped up.

One thing that might be good to do is on your sig, put all your debts (who they are to/the amount etc) and update these when you make payments and score them out (but leave them showing) when you pay them off . It doesn't sound like you need any more motivation as you go on then it will let you see how well you have done.
  • Lucy1982_2
    Options
    That's a very good idea!

Right off to update my sig.
  • Lucy1982_2
    Options
    Ok have updated!!

Looks a little scary now though!!
  • tigzem
    tigzem Posts: 2,361 Forumite
    Options
    Hey Lucy
    I read your diary when I log on.... as well as IA's - she really is fab! Keeps me motivated for sure.

Tigz x
    "Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little." Edmund Burke
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure