December Debt Destruction!!!

Options

Comments

• WantToBeSE
    WantToBeSE Posts: 7,729 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Sholly wrote: »
    Afternoon Kat and fellow Kittens!

Last nights tea was a cross between pizza and a pasty filled with Heinz Five Beanz, garlic, paprika, cheese, folded over and baked and homemade chips - gotta say they were delicious.
    Sholly x

Hey Sholly, that sounds..ummm, UNUSUAL! We love unusual here, so care to share the recipe/instructions please?
  • Sholly
    Sholly Posts: 269 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    WantToBeSE wrote: »
    Hey Sholly, that sounds..ummm, UNUSUAL! We love unusual here, so care to share the recipe/instructions please?

Certainly!! I make pizza dough using this recipe:

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/7568/classic-white-loaf

Once it's ready to be put in the bread tin, I just push it out onto a pizza tray instead. For this recipe, I just made the pizza base smaller and bake it for a few minutes then took them out of the oven and put a small amount of bean mix in the middle (Heinz 5 Beanz, bit of garlic, bit of paprika (sorry, I don't do measurements!!) then put in a bit of cheese, folded it over, sealed the dough with a bit of water, cooked until it looked golden then turned it over a cooked it on the other side (cooking only took about 15 minutes). So
    quick and simple once the bases are made and it made about 10 little pasty bases

Hope that's not too vague!!

Sholly x
  • JAMIEDODGER
    JAMIEDODGER Posts: 4,339 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    A great day today.....firstly, I have done a massive amount on my assignment, just chopping (too many words lol) and polishing then it's done:) still probably will be finished by Friday tho:)

Secondly, a NSD number 3 in the bag...:D

And thirdly, but most importantly...... I got my results for my first OU module through today (a week early) and.....I got a distinction :j:beer::T:D:j

I burst into tears when I read the mark, I thought I had done enough to get a pass 2 but never imagined I had got enough for a pass 1. I've been on a happy cloud ever since:D I worked really hard on all my assignments and it hasn't been easy with the kids and all their challenges, but I got there in the end, and now am the proud owner of 60 credits:rotfl:
    November NSD's - 7
  • searching_me
    searching_me Posts: 18,414 Forumite
    Options
    well done JD ...

NSD today ... definitely needed .... decided some exercise was a must today so took the dog with me to drop zoe off at school and pick her up too ... a 3 year old and a strong pulling dog are not a good combo so i certainly got my exercise :D ... DD demanded mash today so it was mash with what needed using in the freezer so had pie they had turkey dinos ... happy children ..

tomorrow im prepared will make sandwiches and snacks and probably breakfast as i struggle to eat first thing so i usually have breakfast at work ...

right time to get a bath for children ... once in bed i'll meal plan for the rest of the week x
    :)Still searching .....:)
  • LaFolie
    LaFolie Posts: 76 Forumite
    Options
    Soo, turns out I'm carp at NSDs, still only at 1. HOWEVER I'm being much more thoughtful on where I spend my money.

When I had LBM number X+3 about a week and a half ago, I ordered 2 pre-paid debit cards, 1 for my spending money, 1 for groceries. The idea is that, with this divied up at the beginning of the month, my current account can be ignored and not spent upon other than direct debits / standing orders. This is working well so far, in that it's in my head 'I only have £X to last the month, remember that, woman!'

Feeling rubbish today, so *shock* treated myself to getting the bus 2/3 of the way home (I usually walk 3 miles each way), hunkering down to give myself a telling off re: sticking to Kat's amazing challenge.
    Overdraft: -£980
    CC: [STRIKE]£677[/STRIKE] £627

May Targets
    NDS: / 6

• brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 4 December 2012 at 7:21PM
    Options
    Hi all

Update: well nothing else bought today. Thought I had to buy some Xmas paper (in this house we crazily celebrate St Nicholas Day (as well as Xmas Day) so small practical gifts must be wrapped this eve...) but when I went into my loft to get some loo rolls (yes the bulk buying of kitchen staples chat is well underway on Ms Tilly's thread!:rotfl:) (I have 243 of them!!) I realised I had paper from last year AND some baby gifts..perfect for the 'as yet unknown what type it will be baby' we will meet in NZ after Christmas. I also managed to recycle an old picture frame (found in the loft as well!) for a drawing my DD2 was desperate to frame. Found in the loft and my local craft shop was going to charge £17 odd quid..not blooming likely!! A proper result.

HM banana bread about to be started in the BM with some mushy bananas. Just right for packed lunches. HM pasta sauce and salad with fruit for afters for tea now. Better get a shimmy on and off the forums:)
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • abundant1972
    abundant1972 Posts: 1,663 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hi All,

Reporting in with a successful day's no spending. Exercise done... No work now for a whole week... I so need this break. Am impressed by how well everyone is doing...

Today = NSD number 3

:rudolf:
    DFD = August 2027 @ £250/month
    Follow your heart & be true to yourself always
    My life is full of abundance and prosperity
    NST Feb: Food & Spends = £216.51 / £290.00 NSD = 1 /15
    Be kind - Eat well - Exercise - Be mindful
  • thriftylass
    thriftylass Posts: 3,981 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    brizzledfw wrote: »
    Hi all

(in this house we crazily celebrate St Nicholas Day (as well as Xmas Day)

Over here in Scotland no one does. But I'm german and we do, so next year when DS is a bit older I'll start again too. Can't wait
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
  • couldsavemore_2
    Options
    evening

a NSD for me. have decided not to go shopping tomorrow but leave it until saturday so will have a NSD tomorrow. may as well combine all the shopping into one day will use cash already put away for the purchases food shopping will be done then as well.

no time for walking tonight but will go for longer tomorrow morning instead of the shopping.

starting to organise my self ready for some drastic debt busting in 2013

take care everyone

xx
    You can if you think you can .
  • liltdiddylilt
    Options
    Evening all!

Well done JamieD!! Fantastic news, you should be very proud. I struggle to juggle 1 child and getting a shower before 7pm so you have done amazingly!!!

Abundant, woop for a week off!!! Hope you have a lovely chill out :)

I got some amazing news today; my mum won £300 tesco clothing vouchers and offered me £75 for my new work clothes fund!!!!!! So excited! She has also this far bought DD two new dresses and wants to spend much more. Super excited for that as everything bought is something we don't have to worry about!!

NSD #3 here. Hoping tomorrow will also be NSD but seeing 2 friends separately and don't know if my Starbucks card will stretch to 2 coffee dates. May have to lure friend #2 back to mine post baby-weigh instead of heading for town!

Pamper day for me today, MUCH needed. Frazzled mummy. All courtesy of my cupboards; I have an inordinate amount of body lotions, coconut oil for use in cooking but mainly on my hair ;) also foot pampering stuff so me and DD had a lovely FREE spa day ;) I haven't bought toiletries in 6 months btw and still have not even begun to run out of anything... My cupboard is still chocka :/ at least a lot of it is free on my maternity prescription ;)

Have a good night & well done all!!
    Virtual Pot #25 £0.00/£350.00
    A black belt only covers 2 inches of your a$$ - You have to cover the rest yourself - Royce Gracie
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure