December Debt Destruction!!!

Options

Comments

• lozzy81
    lozzy81 Posts: 275 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning all! Today will be a no spend day! Leaving my purse at home and heading to work. working till 7.... ich.... but will be straight home and no where near the shops! looking forward to many more "no spend days"!! Keep up the good work guys!!! :p
    Virtual sealed pot 2019 member #6 :j
    £0.00/£200 :)
  • NinjaSavingKat
    Options
    Today is going to be NSD number 3. Need to send of another ebay sale but that doesn't count as it's paid by the buyer, only made a pittance on this one though. Anyway still waiting for £108 pounds to be released by paypal so I can put in on my CC. But apparently that can take 21 days or to the day the buyer leaves feedback which 3 out of 6 haven't yet :(.

Thirfty I don't get any of this? Why would your money not be released until feedback - I get mine straight away? Transfer to my bank account is almost immediate..?
    “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent".
  • thriftylass
    thriftylass Posts: 3,981 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thirfty I don't get any of this? Why would your money not be released until feedback - I get mine straight away? Transfer to my bank account is almost immediate..?

It's because i haven't sold anything in the last 5 years and only started again, i.e. I have no recent feedback. To protect the buyer Paypal keeps the money for up to 21 days (without complaints from the buyer) or till the buyer left positive feedback after receiving the item. I'm not sure how long it will be like that for me. But I can understand. It's just frustrating when some buyers leave quick feedback and I get the money and others don't and I have to wait, plus I could do with the positive feedback.
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
  • NinjaSavingKat
    Options
    Oooooh I didn't know that!!
    “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent".
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hi all

Mixed day yesterday as was in Big Smoke with DD1. So some spends on presents and food but some small 'wins'.

Small wins were:

- sticking to Xmas pressie shopping list and buying 3 for 2 offers in B@@ts
    - free coffee at station with loyalty card and usual 20% offer with B8te card
    - meal planning should be good this week..only having meat twice - rest are fish and veggie

Have just finished some Xmas shopping today for grandparents. £7 spent on bowls for kids to plant daff bulbs in (bought bulbs yonks ago so thats OK)

So not a NSD but hoping for a LSD. And to spend NOTHING else.

Tomorrow and Thursday should be NSDs..yay!! Here's hoping.

Everyone is doing so well on this challenge. Well done everyone!! :-)
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • the_cat
    the_cat Posts: 2,176 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Had a spend day yesterday. Decided it was about time to start the Christmas shopping so ploughed through my online purchases. Then went to the supermarket and got most of the weeks food plus a lot of the stuff for Christmas that will keep. The money is all put to one side in a seperate savings account but even so, filling in the spending diary was a bit of a :eek: moment!

No formal exercise yesterday, although did trawl up and down the road to shops rather than take the car and walked to my parents house too. Prob added up to half an hour ish.

NSD today and off to the gym. Have a meeting tonight but no spends required hopefully!
    Have a good day everyone
  • Sholly
    Sholly Posts: 269 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Afternoon Kat and fellow Kittens!

NSD #4 for me today :j I wanted to buy my son a joke kit to go with his Christmas presents but it was £5 and I'm sure I can get it cheaper on ebay or something so going to investigate.

Last nights tea was a cross between pizza and a pasty filled with Heinz Five Beanz, garlic, paprika, cheese, folded over and baked and homemade chips - gotta say they were delicious. Got a free lunch at work today (that never happens!) so the lunch that I brought will be kept in the fridge for tomorrow.

Got a years free TasteCard from work too so going to use that for a meal out next week for the big 2-6 celebrations!!

I've got a good feeling about DDD!! :beer:

Sholly x
  • NinjaSavingKat
    Options
    Sholly wrote: »

Got a years free TasteCard from work too so going to use that for a meal out next week for the big 2-6 celebrations!!

WHAT!!! I have to pay £30 for mine! Grrr...AND a FREE lunch!!!

Although well done on your day. Dinner sounds LOVELY and tasty. I have missed potatoes. An Irish girl without potatoes is a sorry sight... might get some tonight..

DDD fairies are with you young lady!!

Onwards and Upwards to more NSD's...:T
  • WantToBeSE
    WantToBeSE Posts: 7,729 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    WantToBeSE - is there really a difference with Lidl that you have notice..? I might aim to go there instead then.,..I would pop by every now and then but not make a habit of it...do they reduce their stock or give it away like I have heard....?

Kat- i have never seen the Lidl that i go to giving away food. But yes, i always see a huge difference in my food bills when i go to Lidl.
    If you are used to buying asda smartprice products, you probably wont think its great value, but the Lidl stuff is much better quality (a heads up for their smoked haddock, jam, bagels, high juice, gravy, mayo and vegetables, all are superb).
    Like all SMs, you need to trial before you know whats worth buying and whats not (whatever you do, dont buy their beans or spaghetti hoops...YUK!).
    Lovely packs of crumpets, wraps, breakfast muffins etc, which are our weekly breakfasts here, and you HAVE to try their choc chip cookies- taste the same as Maryland but are only 40p :)

As you can see, i LOVE lidl :)
  • Sholly
    Sholly Posts: 269 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    WHAT!!! I have to pay £30 for mine! Grrr...AND a FREE lunch!!!

Although well done on your day. Dinner sounds LOVELY and tasty. I have missed potatoes. An Irish girl without potatoes is a sorry sight... might get some tonight..

DDD fairies are with you young lady!!

Onwards and Upwards to more NSD's...:T

I know! I work for a big company who have a lot of people that travel so they've got us them to save on expenses...however I never travel for work muhahaha! Still managed to get my little-kitten-paws on one!! :D

I love potatoes, they go with everything. You def need some!!

The DDD fairies :A are definitely with me - I thought I was going to start the month with a major spend - it was my MIL and FIL's 30th wedding anniversary so we were invited to go to a hotel in Yorkshire for the night and have dinner in the hotel. The room alone was £220 for the night :eek: and dinner from about £35 each plus drinks on top of that. I was dreading the state of my bank account by the end but it was all paid for. They are so lovely and so generous :)

Sholly x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport