Tea Bags vs. Loose tea leaves

Replies

• penninemanpennineman Forumite
    2K Posts
    Justamum wrote: »
    I wish they would make decaffeinated loose tea though.

Me too. Much of the time I drink decaff tea - although do have caffinated as well . . . .:o
    Where now?
  • comping_catcomping_cat Forumite
    24K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use decaf tea bags. Was brought up with tea leaves, hated the 'dregs' at the bottom of the cup!!
  • heather38heather38 Forumite
    1.7K Posts
    tea bags pg tips only.
    i find that leaves don't make a strong enough brew for me.
    OH drinks herbal and fruit teas as they help with his IBS.
  • spendaholicspendaholic Forumite
    1.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure I've seen decaf loose tea in Tesco. I really am certain because I remember thinking, so why can't they do organic?
    spendy/she/her
    Highest debt: £35k (2005); Current debt: < £2k (2021)
    MY WINS
    £3,541 CASH; £50 to spend on chocolate; Harlem Globetrotters tickets; Jesus Christ Superstar tickets + 2 t-shirts; Guardians of the Galaxy goody bag; Birmingham City v Barnsley FC tickets; Marillion tickets; Dancing on Ice tickets; Barnsley FC v Millwall tickets
  • Linda32Linda32 Forumite
    4.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I buy tea bags for OH, can't stand the stuff myself, he's more than happy with the shops cheapest which is co-op at the moment.

Mind you, it does look a funny colour even to me :D

I like fruit tea, green tea is okay as long as you drink it piping hot.

I do make a pot of coffee in our tea pot, is that really cheap and nasty? :D
  • Jennifer_JaneJennifer_Jane Forumite
    3.2K Posts
    All teabags: Morrisson's special blend; rooibos; Twinings Wellbeing Lemon & Ginger. I always use a mug and have the ordinary tea and the rooibos with milk and sugar; the Lemon & Ginger just with sugar. Cannot bear the herbal or green teas.

Love
    Jen x
  • TicklemouseTicklemouse Forumite
    5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ooooh can't answer that poll cos it depends on the type of tea.

Brown tea - tea bags (Tetley or Tesco's in the red box) I don't drink that much any more.

Green tea - tea leaves cos they taste sooo much better than the tea bags

Other herbal/fruity etc teas - tea bags, only because that's how they come :D

I did get a cup and saucer out the other evening and made a pot of tea. Put it all on a tray with milk in a jug and everything. Felt all sort of grown up and "proper" :rotfl:
  • Little_Miss_SaverLittle_Miss_Saver Forumite
    609 Posts
    ✭✭
    I don't drink tea (or coffee) myself personally, but have a couple of tea bags in the house in case DS fancies a cuppa or if I get guests (which aint very often!!)
    Only buy tescos own brand and no-ones complained so far!!

LMS xx
    Mortgage Balance 1st May 2009 £94749.00 :(
    Current End Date 1st April 2039.
    Total Overpayments to date £950.00 :j
  • QuasarQuasar Forumite
    121.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    It depends for me too. However as a rule I prefer tea leaves. Sometimes I just open the tea bag and use the tea leaves. However, when laziness has the better of me I just shove a teabag in a mug. :p
    Be careful who you open up to. Today it's ears, tomorrow it's mouth.
  • savingsara_2savingsara_2 Forumite
    266 Posts
    catowen wrote: »
    I use decaf tea bags. Was brought up with tea leaves, hated the 'dregs' at the bottom of the cup!!

That's why I use teabags now. My late Mother wouldn't entertain the idea of teabags. It had to be a proper teapot, extra hot water, milk jug, slop basin (for tipping the dregs into prior to a second cup), cup and saucer (preferably Denby "Green Wheat"). Nothing else would do, bless her!