Forum Home» Old Style MoneySaving

Tea Bags vs. Loose tea leaves - Page 7

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Tea Bags vs. Loose tea leaves

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Old Style MoneySaving
252 replies 54.4K views

Replies

• Tam_LinTam_Lin Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    825 posts
    I introduced some American friends to the ritual of tea-making last year. They thought tea was 6 bags of fruit stuff, a bag of sugar, boiled water then chill it. It was utterly utterly vile, so I gave them Earl Grey with lemon and no sugar instead. Blinkin' rednecks.
    Nelly's other Mr. Hyde
  • spendaholicspendaholic Forumite
    1.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    reverie wrote: »
    IOr maybe it just harks back to girls being given tea sets when we are little?!

I had a toy iron when I was a girl. Can't see me getting nostalgic about that ... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
    Highest debt: £35k (2005); Current debt: £3.2k (2019)
    MY WINS
    £3,541 CASH; £50 to spend on chocolate; Harlem Globetrotters tickets; Jesus Christ Superstar tickets + 2 t-shirts; Guardians of the Galaxy goody bag; Birmingham City v Barnsley FC tickets; Marillion tickets; Dancing on Ice tickets; Barnsley FC v Millwall tickets
  • Plum_PiePlum_Pie Forumite
    1.3K posts
    I never had a tea set when I was little and always wanted one....

That's fairly obvious, isn't it?! :rotfl:
  • savingsara_2savingsara_2 Forumite
    266 posts
    Teabags and I need at least two large mugs on a morning before I can face the world!
    Probably have 4 or 5 more thru the course of the day, green tea after my evening meal. None after 9pm or I'll be up in the night!!!
  • newleafnewleaf Forumite
    3.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tea bags for me, only PG Tips will do! Less messy than leaves.
    Official DFW Nerd No 096 - Proud to have dealt with my debt!
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • junojuno Forumite
    6.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can't make tea that well with tea bags. I can just imagine the crazy mess I'd end up with if I used tea leaves!
    Murphy's No More Pies Club #209

Total debt [STRIKE]£4578.27[/STRIKE] £0.00 :j
    100% paid off :j

• lil_melil_me Forumite
    13.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only drink it once a month or less so usually use bags (bought in small amounts as have had tea go off!)
    One day I might be more organised...........:confused:
    GC: £200
    Slinkies target 2018 - another 70lb off (half way to what the NHS says) so far 25lb
  • JustamumJustamum Forumite
    4.7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I prefer loose tea, and I use a tea ball. I don't like it too strong and there's too much tea in one bag for one cup. I'm the only person in the family who drinks "proper" tea - my husband is South African and prefers Rooibos (I don't like any type of herbal tea). I wish they would make decaffeinated loose tea though.

• Having been brought up having to strain the tea leaves at the bottom of the cup through my teeth, ( I don't know why they always got me) I would never use t leaves. My dad used to like telling our fortunes with them. It's like tights isn't it. When i was a girl they wern't invented, so some of you youngsters may think stockingstare sexy. I just thought it was a real pain trying to keep my mini skirt below the stocking tops
    Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination:beer:

Oscar Wilde
  • holstarholstar Forumite
    826 posts
    Tea bags, in a mug...don't own a tea pot.
    I drink tea by the gallon every day, so I'd be for ever washing out the pot if I had one.
    One thing...that sets pulses racing...that gets hearts pounding...for which there is no substitute...only YOU can provide...blood.

Only 5% of the eligible population give blood: do something amazing today, save a life, give blood