Tea Bags vs. Loose tea leaves - Page 7

New Post Advanced Search

Tea Bags vs. Loose tea leaves

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Old Style MoneySaving
252 replies 55.6K views

Replies

• Tam_LinTam_Lin Forumite
    825 posts
    I introduced some American friends to the ritual of tea-making last year. They thought tea was 6 bags of fruit stuff, a bag of sugar, boiled water then chill it. It was utterly utterly vile, so I gave them Earl Grey with lemon and no sugar instead. Blinkin' rednecks.
    Nelly's other Mr. Hyde
  • spendaholicspendaholic Forumite
    1.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    reverie wrote: »
    IOr maybe it just harks back to girls being given tea sets when we are little?!

I had a toy iron when I was a girl. Can't see me getting nostalgic about that ... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
    Highest debt: £35k (2005); Current debt: < £2k (2021)
    MY WINS
    £3,541 CASH; £50 to spend on chocolate; Harlem Globetrotters tickets; Jesus Christ Superstar tickets + 2 t-shirts; Guardians of the Galaxy goody bag; Birmingham City v Barnsley FC tickets; Marillion tickets; Dancing on Ice tickets; Barnsley FC v Millwall tickets
  • Plum_PiePlum_Pie Forumite
    1.3K posts
    ✭✭✭
    I never had a tea set when I was little and always wanted one....

That's fairly obvious, isn't it?! :rotfl:
  • savingsara_2savingsara_2 Forumite
    266 posts
    Teabags and I need at least two large mugs on a morning before I can face the world!
    Probably have 4 or 5 more thru the course of the day, green tea after my evening meal. None after 9pm or I'll be up in the night!!!
  • newleafnewleaf Forumite
    3.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tea bags for me, only PG Tips will do! Less messy than leaves.
    Official DFW Nerd No 096 - Proud to have dealt with my debt!
  • junojuno Forumite
    6.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can't make tea that well with tea bags. I can just imagine the crazy mess I'd end up with if I used tea leaves!
    Murphy's No More Pies Club #209

Total debt [STRIKE]£4578.27[/STRIKE] £0.00 :j
    100% paid off :j

• lil_melil_me Forumite
    13.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only drink it once a month or less so usually use bags (bought in small amounts as have had tea go off!)
    One day I might be more organised...........:confused:
    GC: £200
    Slinkies target 2018 - another 70lb off (half way to what the NHS says) so far 25lb
  • JustamumJustamum Forumite
    4.7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I prefer loose tea, and I use a tea ball. I don't like it too strong and there's too much tea in one bag for one cup. I'm the only person in the family who drinks "proper" tea - my husband is South African and prefers Rooibos (I don't like any type of herbal tea). I wish they would make decaffeinated loose tea though.

• buxtonrabbitgreenbuxtonrabbitgreen Forumite
    2.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Having been brought up having to strain the tea leaves at the bottom of the cup through my teeth, ( I don't know why they always got me) I would never use t leaves. My dad used to like telling our fortunes with them. It's like tights isn't it. When i was a girl they wern't invented, so some of you youngsters may think stockingstare sexy. I just thought it was a real pain trying to keep my mini skirt below the stocking tops
    Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination:beer:

Oscar Wilde
  • holstarholstar Forumite
    826 posts
    Tea bags, in a mug...don't own a tea pot.
    I drink tea by the gallon every day, so I'd be for ever washing out the pot if I had one.
    One thing...that sets pulses racing...that gets hearts pounding...for which there is no substitute...only YOU can provide...blood.

Only 5% of the eligible population give blood: do something amazing today, save a life, give blood