Squeaky spreadsheet diary

Options

Comments

• Tiglath
    Tiglath Posts: 3,816 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Not quite a NSD today - I'm going to see Walking With Dinosaurs at the O2, so about £6 off my Oyster PAYG for a return trip. I'll eat something before I go and won't need to buy anything there.
    "Save £12k in 2019" #120 - £100,699.57/£100,000
  • lurvlyloz
    lurvlyloz Posts: 877 Forumite
    Options
    hi tiglath...HAPPY NEW YEAR :)

great start to thegarden :)

have a good time at walking with dinosaurs :)
    Facing up to things - nov 2012 total 9334.95
    back to work after baby -Jan 2014 - total [STRIKE]6905.28 [/STRIKE](1 credit card) £3535

Debt Free Date March 8th 2017 (31st birthday)
  • Tiglath
    Options
    I faffed with figures and decided I could justify the ticket to see Helen Mirren in The Audience after all, given my debt progress, so ticket bought. Still much cheaper than a round of drinks with work colleagues, and I know I'll really enjoy it. I'll make up the cost over a couple of months with grocery budgeting. I'm a big fan of films like The Queen, The Deal, The Special Relationship, The Iron Lady - anything to do with modern UK politics.
  • Tiglath
    Options
    Walking With Dinosaurs was rubbish - didn't stay for the second half.

Have contacted Next and Simply Be to close the paid-off accounts and remove myself from all mailing lists.

May have to shell out for bamboo screening today as a stopgap measure while we work out how to replace the 2 wooden fence panels. DH is suggesting putting up the screening as a temporary measure while we do our research, and I think it's probably a good idea. Apparently we're going to have to pay someone to dig out the big lumps of concrete which held the old posts, put in new ones and attach new fence panels - he says he can't do it. I know I certainly can't so I'll have to find a workman once I can afford to pay them.
  • lurvlyloz
    Options
    oh no :( thats such a shame as i know you were really looking forward to it!

good temperary solution & relivitly cheap too
    back to work after baby -Jan 2014 - total [STRIKE]6905.28 [/STRIKE](1 credit card) £3535

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hiya,

Sorry to hear that the Dinosaurs thing was rubbish, a friend of mine went to see it and loved it but I think its one of those things you can take or leave it.

Love the idea for the screening, I'd like something like that in our garden...I'm currently training the ivy to go across that vacant area instead but we really need a lot of fencing along that whole section.
  • Tiglath
    Options
    It was geared for kids (hordes of screaming brats around me bouncing on their seats) and the dinosaurs were very obviously painted canvas over some kind of hard structure, with a pole going from their bellies to a moveable unit that was presumably radio-controlled and which swept the floor. I just couldn't get over the first small dinosaur being a guy in white longjohns! The music was too loud to hear the narration really. I enjoy TV documentaries about dinosaurs a lot more - never mind.

The bamboo screen - it's only a temporary thing. Not sure how long it'll last with my cats jumping at it, but we'll see.
  • Tiglath
    Options
    Payment made off Natwest card (140% of minimum) - brings me that little bit closer to DFD :) 12.7% paid off my 'Pay off as much as you can 2013' target. Some frugal food shopping later. Been happily using up dregs from the freezers for weeks - still got plenty of meat and veg, but out of things like Yorkshires and cranberry sauce, so a bit of a pantry stock-up in Lidl required.
  • lurvlyloz
    Options
    good day for you then tigs :)

• Tiglath
    Options
    Biting my lip. I went out of my way to have a very frugal Christmas and stay within budget but not everyone in this household did. Wiped out the £500 reduction on his overdraft and apparently overspent it by £250 because he got a tablet and various accessories and other Christmas presents and whatnot. Just not going there - I'm already paying 6 months road tax at the end of the month.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport