Squeaky spreadsheet diary

Options

Comments

• lurvlyloz
    lurvlyloz Posts: 877 Forumite
    Options
    grrrrrrrrrrrrr
    Facing up to things - nov 2012 total 9334.95
    back to work after baby -Jan 2014 - total [STRIKE]6905.28 [/STRIKE](1 credit card) £3535

Debt Free Date March 8th 2017 (31st birthday)
  • Tiglath
    Tiglath Posts: 3,816 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 5 January 2013 at 11:06AM
    Options
    Up early - not sleeping at the moment. The hoover really has given up the ghost - DH took it apart yesterday and cleared every accessible bit but couldn't find the blockage and the smell of the motor burning out is revolting. It's a rubbish hoover so I'm off to Argos shortly to get a Henry before we suffocate in cat hair! Fortunately I can afford it within the budget. DH seemed to find that surprising but he hasn't really grasped just how frugal I've been the last few months to give myself a bit of breathing space.

EDIT: One Henry purchased. The Argos guy thought I was nuts for getting a bagged hoover, but I explained we'd tried Dysons and Vaxes and they were rubbish. Cat no 5 has already claimed the box ;)
    "Save £12k in 2019" #120 - £100,699.57/£100,000
  • StressedSteph
    Options
    Hi Tiglath,

I so agree with you about the Henry. I luuuuurve my Henry.:T
    We have tried £350 Dysons in the past and they all lose suction after a while. We have had our faithful Henry for over 10 years now and anything that has gone wrong with him we were able to repair and get him going again. Can't beat him.

Regarding the fence panels - Do you have a local free paper or look at the advertising boards in your local small supermarket. We see alot of people advertising to do odd jobs etc. These odd job men would be ALOT cheaper(grateful) for the work than a business. Repairing fence panels just takes muscles not much skill so could be a good job for an odd job man.

Its so annoying when you try your hardest to be frugal and then everything decides to break and use up the free cash you have saved :mad:. I have brake discs that need changing but am ignoring it for as long as I can :o

Hope you have a nice weekend xxx
  • Tiglath
    Options
    Boxed up £80 of DVDs and CDs to be collected next Friday; only did about half of what I have to get rid of because I want to see how this goes with musicmagpie. Mum's moving back to her own home today (long saga) so the afternoon will be spent wheeling her round Tesco and getting her settled back. DH goes back to work tomorrow, and my Christmas break can finally start! I find it impossible to relax into decluttering and cleaning with other people around - I get twitchy if I don't get enough 'alone time.' I won't make the mistake of booking time off for specific house-sorting again when I know DH is off work; it just stresses me out and I get nothing done. I can't even hoover round them with my new Henry.

I still have so much meat in the freezers - 40-odd portions. That'll see us through to the end of January at least, even if we do get bored with pork and chicken. Chicken curry tonight - 2 enormous breasts + veg, so I'll save a portion or two for lunches this week. Time to use up the balls of frozen spinach and diced swede. I might even go 'old school' and add some sultanas ;)
  • Tiglath
    Options
    Blinkin' Next! I emailed them last week, asking them to close my account as the balance was paid off and to remove me from all mailing lists. They've emailed back asking if I'd like to keep the account open and continue to receive brochures etc. Why don't they understand plain English? I've emailed back and told them to carry out the instructions as per my original email.

Simply Be, on the other hand, haven't responded to my email whatsoever so I'll have to get on the phone to them tomorrow.

I want both of those accounts closed. Gone. Disappeared. Dead accounts, ex accounts etc etc.
  • Tiglath
    Options
    Woke up very grumpy and weepy and frenzied - only got 2 hours sleep. Think my thyroxine dosage is actually too high so must mention that to the doc. Either that or it's the menopause arriving.

I spent last week watching DH play on his computer - I took the week off specially to spend some time with him, so I wasn't best pleased. Had Mum for the weekend which is a saga in itself. I thought I'd have this week to myself so I could catch up on chores, but my stepdaughter arrives tomorrow till Friday. I love her dearly but I have severe people-overload at the moment. The only time I've had to myself in the past 3 weeks is Boxing Day when I had my head down the loo puking for hours. I get very very crabby if I don't get my alone time. I am therefore declaring today a pleasure-day and retreating back to bed with my Kindle for reading and snoozing surrounded by cats. Stepdaughter can help me with the spring-cleaning before I return to the insanity of work and study next week. The rest of my annual leave this year I will book when I know I'll be alone at home ie. not during the school holidays.

Cat no 9 goes back to the vet this evening to have his stitches out and the Cone of Shame removed. NSD today.
  • lurvlyloz
    lurvlyloz Posts: 877 Forumite
    Options
    you have a lovely day :) sounds like you deserve it! x
    Facing up to things - nov 2012 total 9334.95
    back to work after baby -Jan 2014 - total [STRIKE]6905.28 [/STRIKE](1 credit card) £3535

Debt Free Date March 8th 2017 (31st birthday)
  • StressedSteph
    Options
    Morning Tig,

Wow your day sounds like its going to be lovely. I must admit to doing that occasionally, after I have packed hubby and the kids off the work & school. :D.

I am also looking forward to some peaceful time. I have had hubby and kids home for two weeks and there is no peace. I can't even go to the toilet without someone calling me :mad::o.

Enjoy your day. :):)
  • Tiglath
    Options
    Today's jobs:

- Clear the pantry
    - Tidy and clean my desk (keep slopping tea on it)
    - Make a list of names and deflea the cats
    - Get rid of all cobwebs
    - Dust and hoover
    - Change the beds
    - Cull clothes
    - Put clean laundry away
    - Declutter the bathroom cabinet
    - Sort and file paperwork

If there's any time left, I'll scrub the kitchen and look in despair at the garden.

Cat no 9 had his stitches removed yesterday, but now has 2 staples in his foot and wearing the Cone of Shame for another 10 days.
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    Morning Tig, that's a pretty substantial list for a day. Hope you get chance to out your feet up and have a break.

Best wishes Tilly
    2004 £387k 29 years - MF March 2033:eek:
    2011 £309k 10 years - MF March 2021.
    Achieved Goal: 28/08/15 :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business