Royal Mail Recorded Delivery Signed For Naughty Postman...............

Options

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    mazza111 wrote: »
    A recorded delivery shouldn't be marked as recorded without the signature....

Not sure if you've noticed but that's the point of this thread. The signature has been forged to mark the parcel as recorded.......

The debate is between those that think that is bad and those that don't really care!
  • mazza111
    mazza111 Posts: 6,327 Forumite
    Options
    So forging someone's signature is ok now...
    4 Stones and 0 pounds or 25.4kg lighter :j
  • mazza111
    Options
    And actually, done on the old style delivery cards. You used to get a lot of posties just writing DELIVERED in the space for name/sig.. so it can be marked as delivered without a signature...
  • System
    Options
    So forging someone's signature is ok now...

Depends in the context.

Forging a signature in some sort of financial transaction which costs the person is not ok.

Writing a persons name on a form when you've posted their mail is probably not the worst crime in the world!
  • mazza111
    Options
    Probably not, but still a crime...

If they have the ok to sign on customers behalf, then surely they should put their own name and signature..
  • System
    Options
    Probably not, but still a crime...

If they have the ok to sign on customers behalf, then surely they should put their own name and signature..

I feel we are going round in circles now. Have I not made it abundantly clear that as long as my mail is delivered I don't care what they sign on it?

They could write delivered by Donald Duck and I wouldn't care as long as it arrived!
  • mazza111
    Options
    You don't care, but the OP obviously does. And has a genuine complaint. Whether you or I would accept it or not is irrelevant. The OP is not happy with it and could lead to the postie losing his job over it.
  • sillybilly2011
    Options
    I love my postman signing for my stuff. I live in the middle of fields (in a house) with not another house in sight. I would dread the thought of having to drive miles and miles to get to my nearest depot. When I order a parcel online, i never request for them to be recorded, it must just be policy for some websites.
    2018 wins: Scottish weekend break, london weekend break and hotel chocolat hamper
  • keyser666
    keyser666 Posts: 2,140 Forumite
    Options
    Already asked my postie if he would mind doing this and he happily obliges.
  • bobsyourteapots
    Options
    I love my postman and he is a family friend but I wouldn't imagine him signing for my post
    I know that if I leave him a post it note he will put a package thats too big in my wheelie bin for me as although I am only a couple of miles away from the depot, I work ridiculously long hours so its hard for me to get there whilst its open.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure