Stolen Galaxy S3

Options

Comments

• Tony5101
    Tony5101 Posts: 1,589 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    If the photos are deleted from the phone, they won't be deleted from the Dropbox.
    In fact, if the Dropbox is set up to do so, the photos will also already be downloaded onto the OP's hard drive too.
  • Rusty!
    Rusty! Posts: 2,076 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    If he figures out the Drop box app and deletes them from that they will be removed from the Dropbox folder on the PC. Best copy them elsewhere as well.
  • united66
    united66 Posts: 257 Forumite
    Options
    Drop box got a lock pin on anyway so he can't do anything to what's uploaded.
    It's all very clever I say! Learnt so much through this experience I hope others reading the thread have too. Will update as soon as I hear more from police. Thanks so much for everyone's help and guidance this is what its all about. :)
    Who are you to judge the life I live? I know I'm not perfect and don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers - make sure your hands are clean. Bob Marley - Legend.

• banger9365
    banger9365 Posts: 1,702 Forumite
    Options
    in samsung dive if you go to remote controls you can pin point the phone right down to the street and house its in and track it has well,and if GPS is on as well right down to the person holding it,if you could see them
    there or their,one day i might us the right one ,until then tuff

• hkminca
    hkminca Posts: 160 Forumite
    Options
    I am about to get a new S3 and this has been a real eye opener to me. I shall definitely be downloading tracking apps as a matter of priority before leaving the house with the phone for the first time! It's so interesting to read.

Is dropbox something my new phone will automatically have or do I need to sign up for this too? Do I need it? I don't share photos online preferring to copy them to my pc via bluetooth. Is it like Flikr?

Thanks for the good advice everyone.
  • Rob928
    Options
    Ha! This made me smile. Some people can be sooo stupid. I really hope you can get some help from the police. Best of luck.:beer:
  • Gordon_Hose
    Gordon_Hose Posts: 6,259 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    hkminca wrote: »
    I am about to get a new S3 and this has been a real eye opener to me. I shall definitely be downloading tracking apps as a matter of priority before leaving the house with the phone for the first time! It's so interesting to read.

Is dropbox something my new phone will automatically have or do I need to sign up for this too? Do I need it? I don't share photos online preferring to copy them to my pc via bluetooth. Is it like Flikr?

Thanks for the good advice everyone.

You need to sign up to it.

I got a new S3 as a work phone a couple of weeks ago, and it seems Samsung and Dropbox have teamed up and you get 50Gb of storage free for two years. You can set it up to automatically upload any pics and videos you take on your phone. It's very handy.
  • united66
    Options
    Update the man is in custody. Awaiting more news.
    Who are you to judge the life I live? I know I'm not perfect and don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers - make sure your hands are clean. Bob Marley - Legend.

• DUTR
    DUTR Posts: 12,958 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    united66 wrote: »
    Update the man is in custody. Awaiting more news.

In custody for what? Handling a lost phone? I don't think so ;)
  • Rusty!
    Rusty! Posts: 2,076 Forumite
    Options
    When this is as over as it's going to be, remember to remotely wipe the phone. Not only as a !!!! you to the chap in Pakistan, but I'm sure you don't really want your data in his hands.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure