PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

'supporting each other through really tough times'

Options

Comments

• shegar
    shegar Posts: 1,978 Forumite
    Options
    Panorama tonight BBC 1 @ 8.30," The great disabilty scam.." will be worth a look at....

Sam Poling , will be investigating the governments expensive welfare reforms that aim to get disabled people back into work, and asks who is really gaining from them...........I think its a " must see prog."

Very sunny here today, but not very warm at all, im going to have a quick shower then off to have a ECG, come home and light the fire for a little bit of cheer in such a depressing January, I hate January......
  • fuddle
    fuddle Posts: 6,823 Forumite
    Options
    His rage will be because you didn't cow tow to his demands. He couldn't then reverse back because he would look silly so instead he risked his car ploughing through the snow just to save face. You shocked him ;) He thought you would have done as he asked.

Hope you weren't too shook up. Adrenaline helps us cope at the time but once that wears off it can be awful.

Wehey! Thanks Lyn smashing :D I don't actually know what a Lancashire hotpot is... off I go a-browsing ;)
  • meme30
    meme30 Posts: 534 Forumite
    edited 28 January 2013 at 2:48PM
    Options
    Aria'stail:- Rant away, I always think your job is very complicated for you when you talk about it.

Softstuff:- Pleased you are all ok. I love that your DH was not concerned at all.:rotfl: I like the thought of a lakeside view!

Fuddle:- My DH has a four week rota, mixture of early's, middles and lates. I therefore do a four week meal plan. Just lunches and dinners but its lovely to look at the list instead of in the freezer and wonder what to cook! It's good for the shopping too because I only buy what I need for the next week ahead.
    Thanks Fuddle, yes, I'm a bit chewed about it
    Give us the strength to encounter that which is to come, that we may be brave in peril, constant in tribulation, temparate in wrath, and in all changes of fortune, and down to the gates of death, loyal and loving to one another.”
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    FUDDLE the Hot Pot recipe I use is in We'll Eat Again and is cheap and delicious, Cheers Lyn xxx.
  • Possession
    Possession Posts: 3,262 Forumite
    Options
    Mrs L I've stopped buying cucumbers and cherry toms in Ald* unless I know they're going to be used quickly. Haven't had much problem with other fruit or veg I don't think.
    I need to make a Skylanders portal of power cake for thursday (DS's birthday) so it will have to be a Mr T shop this week as I think they have black fondant icing. Hard work to get black doing it yourself. Sadly, I think it's probably as cheap or even cheaper to buy a plainish cake and add black icing than to make it myself so it shouldn't take long. On the down side, at his party yesterday he was given the 2 skylander figures I had got him for his birthday. Grr. Of course I can't send them back now as I bought when I saw them on special offer. Am sure I can save them for one of his friends' birthdays but now I need to get something else.

Fuddle I used to make potato pie a lot - mince-y gravy as you like it (carrots and peas perhaps) and sliced potatoes and sweet potatoes layered on top, perhaps with a sprinkling of cheese and a touch of butter.
  • nuttyp
    nuttyp Posts: 2,035 Forumite
    Options
    Just back from visiting DD. We popped into town for a few bits. Have got another meal idea for you fuddle. We have sage and onion stuffing in a ball and then wrap a peice of bacon around it. Usually buy the basic stuff, but for a change we have smoked bacon.

Put them in the oven, they are very filling with some yorkshire puddings and a few veg.
    :D:D BSC member 137 :D:D

BR 26/10/07 Discharged 09/05/08 !!!

Onwards and upwards - no looking back....
  • fuddle
    fuddle Posts: 6,823 Forumite
    Options
    Oh thanks Lyn, hotpot is scaring me as I was brought up on corned beef hash - a watery mix of awfulness. I should make it myself to see what it's supposed to taste like.

Sounds nice possession, right up my street. Really gutting about the skylander things (I don't know what they are) but similar things happen to me when I'm uber organised and it's so annoying.

Checked my account with deposit scheme. Status now says 'processing repayment request' Looks like it's coming to me by default. 6 weeks and misery of the festive period for nothing. I don't think he ever intended fighting it all the way... or rather I don't think he thought I would fight it all the way ;) and tried it on. I'm happy.

I'll try that nutty. DH ikes stuffing so should go down really very well.
  • 2tonsils
    2tonsils Posts: 915 Forumite
    Options
    I have just posted an important update on the weather on the SHTF thread with links to the weather maps. Thanks
    “The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come. When in a state of security he does not forget the possibility of ruin.” Confucius (551 BC - 479 BC):A
  • Pooky
    Pooky Posts: 7,023 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I must admit some of the @ldi veg doesn't last as long as id like but I don't find Mr S's stuff lasts either. I normally process all the veg at the first opportunity, peel it, blanch it or freeze it. Cherry toms, cucumber and citrus fruit is eaten within the first 2/3 days after purchase and the apples/nanas etc are for later in the week.

I don't know how they work their fruit and veg system but they most likely won't be paying any less than the other supermarkets, they just pile it high and sell it low to get shoppers through the door, and it works if the queues in our local store were anything to go by today.

They have a nice range of wools in at the moment, baby DK and Aaron's - I've blown next weeks food budget on wool so I'm going to have to get creative with meals.
    "Start every day off with a smile and get it over with" - W. C. Field.
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Options
    Meme, the number of drivers who cannot reverse is amazing. He probly knew he would make a mess of it and look stupid. Hope everybody gets home safe tonight and coories in :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure