PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

'supporting each other through really tough times'

Options

Comments

• Popperwell
    Popperwell Posts: 5,088 Forumite
    Options
    Good to see all is well, if a bit untidy and you've survived Softstuff. Sometimes there is something about doing something that you would not normally associate as theraputic.
    "A government afraid of its citizens is a Democracy. Citizens afraid of government is tyranny!" ~Thomas Jefferson

"Your assumptions are your windows on the world. Scrub them off every once in a while, or the light won't come in" ~ Alan Alda
  • Softstuff
    Softstuff Posts: 3,086 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks Kidcat. We seem to have had a major weather event every other year since I've been here. It's damned uncivilised!
    Softstuff- Officially better than 007
  • kidcat
    kidcat Posts: 6,058 Forumite
    Options
    Well you would move to the other side of the globe! :)
  • Aria`s_Tail
    Options
    Hi everyone. Sorry I havent been about for the last week or so, not been in a good place and haven't wanted to just complain. Havent really caught up yet but just wanted to say to Soft stuff that I am glad you are safe.
    Pops, please ask in charity shops for curtains, they often don't have the room to put the big ones out. My brother moved in November into a house with large long windows. I managed to curtain his whole house for under £15 from local charity shops. Granted some were old and floral but thick and warm!
  • kidcat
    kidcat Posts: 6,058 Forumite
    Options
    Ariastail (hugs))
  • Softstuff
    Softstuff Posts: 3,086 Forumite
    Options
    Aria's Tail please feel free to have a good moan *hugs* I don't seem to have stopped complaining for a bit now, it's time for someone else to have a turn ;)
    Softstuff- Officially better than 007
  • Popperwell
    Popperwell Posts: 5,088 Forumite
    Options
    Aria's Tail I don't see it as moaning or complaining...as is often said...a problem shared...

Thanks, I must look into the charity shop idea, look at all the help I have been given today and that was about curtains:)

I hope you find yourself in a better place soon...

The other week I found myself(I think I said)in a charity shop)run by the British Heart Foundation and was amazed at the furniture and electrical goods(quality and prices)they deliver too...

The ones on my town are busy but small...
    "A government afraid of its citizens is a Democracy. Citizens afraid of government is tyranny!" ~Thomas Jefferson

"Your assumptions are your windows on the world. Scrub them off every once in a while, or the light won't come in" ~ Alan Alda
  • meanmarie
    meanmarie Posts: 5,328 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Softstuff....glad that you are ok....had better check the Bribie Island and Brisbane rellies.

I hate and detest curtains, would just have blinds if I had my way but have managed to force myself to have curtains everywhere except in my bedroom, where the windows are bare!

Think that I have managed to lose a little of the excess weight since I have been going swimming, although am always ravenous when I come home....it has helped me to be a bit more mobile, which has to be good, now if only I could forget about the sweet stuff.....

Stay safe and warm

Marie
    Weight 08 February 86kg
  • Possession
    Possession Posts: 3,262 Forumite
    Options
    Softstuff, glad you're OK. At least you don't need to move house now that you've increased property prices with your lake view. Perhaps you could get a boat.
    Aria's Tail hope you're OK. We're all entitled to a moan when things aren't going well.
  • 2tonsils
    2tonsils Posts: 915 Forumite
    Options
    The European weather service has issued a red alert (top alert) for dangerous damaging winds to hit Ireland and parts of the UK later today and later this week. There is also a risk of isolated severe storms and a tornado risk. There is also some ice around on the roads.

Be careful folks!
    “The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come. When in a state of security he does not forget the possibility of ruin.” Confucius (551 BC - 479 BC):A
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure