PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

'supporting each other through really tough times'

Options

Comments

• Popperwell
    Popperwell Posts: 5,088 Forumite
    Options
    Feeling thoughtful but more positive today too...:)
    "A government afraid of its citizens is a Democracy. Citizens afraid of government is tyranny!" ~Thomas Jefferson

"Your assumptions are your windows on the world. Scrub them off every once in a while, or the light won't come in" ~ Alan Alda
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Options
    I'm the same Shegar, I cant stand clutter. I like clean empty space around me - both inside and out. One stunningly gorgeous coloured glass ornament on an empty shelf is fabulous, loads of them are a clutter! :D
  • Possession
    Possession Posts: 3,262 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry have been MIA, had my sister and DH and 2 lovely nephews here for the weekend, so a computer ban. My 4 yr old nephew was sleeping on the floor in DS's room as his little brother is a terrible sleeper so they can't be in the same room. He delighted us all at 5am by shouting 'Mummy Daddy I'm awake now it is morning yet?' enough times to get an answer.
    Hope everyone is OK. I have so much to do, I think I'll have to come and catch up later.
  • missrlr
    missrlr Posts: 2,192 Forumite
    Options
    mardatha wrote: »
    One stunningly gorgeous coloured glass ornament on an empty shelf is fabulousD

That sounds like my bathroom window sill
    Start info Dec11 :eek:
    H@lifax [STRIKE]£13813.45[/STRIKE] paid Sep14 paid 23 months early :T
    Mortgage [STRIKE]£206400[/STRIKE] :eek: £199750 Mortgage £112500
    B@rclays £[STRIKE]25000[/STRIKE] paid 4 years 5 months early. S@ntander £[STRIKE]9300[/STRIKE] paid 2 years 2 months early
    2013 8lb lost 2014 need to lose 14lb. Lost 4 so far!;)
  • Pooky
    Pooky Posts: 7,023 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Vjs - hope MIL is ok, good luck with the shopping! I'm all done and wrapped, just a couple of handmade bit's to finish.

Possession - glad the weekend went ok.

I'd like to believe I don't like clutter but I do...as long as its pretty......the general detritus of life bugs me - there's a home for everything and if it's not put away I get twitchy.

Had DD2 friend and DD1s boyfriend here all weekend and we went off to London yesterday to the christmas market and Covent garden, was heaving but lovely. Cold enough to feel festive, not so cold that bits threatened to fall off. Finally got rid of them by 4pm (DD2s friend wanted to make her Mum a wreath for Christmas so we had a craft session). I snuck out for an hour to do the supermarket shop and managed to get everything for the week and for next weekend (mum and dads anniversary party) so now need to hope the snow holds off and people can get here.

Pooped now, cooked for DDs but DH and I are going to go down the cheese and biscuits and a glass of wine route, a fire, jimjams and a film feature on the list too.....will sleep well tonight.
    "Start every day off with a smile and get it over with" - W. C. Field.
  • shegar
    shegar Posts: 1,978 Forumite
    Options
    mardatha wrote: »
    I'm the same Shegar, I cant stand clutter. I like clean empty space around me - both inside and out. One stunningly gorgeous coloured glass ornament on an empty shelf is fabulous, loads of them are a clutter! :D

Too true mar, my mother as so many antique tea sets worth a mint, but you cant appreciate them cos she got loads of other cheaper tea sets all together, she drives us nuts , none of us say anything to her no matter what , shes been like that since we can remember, just glad I dont live with her........:eek::mad:

You really cant move in her house,any room, its everywhere,to get in her bed , you have to move loads and loads of dolls, cushions, pillow shams etc.......:eek: then she keep moaning cos she is all day cleaning and her arthritis plays her up.... :mad:...Sheila
  • Popperwell
    Options
    Back from the Memorial Carol Service, tears were shed, but candles were lit and a decoration with a message placed on the tree, it was very nice and it is amazing how peaceful and calm you feel afterwards.

Another one on Tuesday, at least I am enjoying hearing the carols which I was not sure that I would this year.
    "A government afraid of its citizens is a Democracy. Citizens afraid of government is tyranny!" ~Thomas Jefferson

"Your assumptions are your windows on the world. Scrub them off every once in a while, or the light won't come in" ~ Alan Alda
  • Popperwell
    Options
    You know even without watching income, I have come to realise that what is your heart and mind(memory wise)is far more important. When this clearout is finished most rooms are quite empty basically the lounge is a small cabinet, telephone table, sofa and TV.

The bedroom I am using has a seat, a bed and one wardrobe(that could go once I let Mum's clothes go)as there is an inbuilt wardrobe.

The dining room now is a large food store and because of a lack of space the fridge/freezer and tumble drier is there. The table is closed down.

The kitchen has just enough room for my other food items in the cupboards/pantry/washing machine and my kitchen gadgets on the work surfaces.

The bedroom I am not using has a bed, a desktop computer and my CD's/books. That is it!

But it is not cluttered once this clearout happens. Not much to dust around, no fiddly bits. I won't be buying any.

• Popperwell
    edited 9 December 2012 at 8:25PM
    Options
    Get this(but would I go out on the off chance)a lady at the church said some children of a friend(I suppose we're talking teenagers/young adults)at 2am said "We're going out to get some sweets!"

At Tesco's whole chickens had been reduced to 1p! What a bargain but would we go at that time on the off chance? I only live two streets away, wonder if I should sometime?

• 7_week_wonder
    Options
    Warning: self indulgent moan coming up!

I am fed up! I seem incapable of making flapjack - in an attempt to make it chewy rather than crunchy I decreased the temp and cooking time and now the wretched stuff is under-cooked and won't come out of the tin (I did let it cool properly before attempting to take it out). So in desparation I've shoved it back in the oven but I'm not hopeful.

Also I'm fed up with living in a junk shop. We are in the middle of getting loft insulation done (have had the insulation done, but are waiting for joiner to come and put the floorboards back down) which means we have the junk from the loft all over the house plus our bedroom has a huge pile of floorboards in it which make it difficult get at stuff. It's been like this for almost four weeks now - and the place is so full of stuff that it is putting me off doing housework so it feel like the place is descending into chaos.

I know it is all completely trivial, but I just needed a wee moan: OH is out until late, I have no wine and no chocolate and am fed up! Please feel free to tell me to get a grip!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure