PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

'supporting each other through really tough times'

Options

Comments

• Possession
    Possession Posts: 3,262 Forumite
    Options
    Fuddle older DD is in juniors isn't she, so might well get in on appeal. For younger DD it depends on the class size, as they can't go over 30.
    My parents had to stop feeding the birds for a while too as there was a large rat eating it all. Unfortunately the rats probably think the dog food is for them.
    Have had two cake disasters - made a brown sugar cake and a chocolate cake and both stuck all over the silicon pans. They look an utter mess. Oh well, they'll taste the same.
  • maryb
    maryb Posts: 4,661 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Round our neck of the woods all the good schools are massively oversubscribed but you often get vacancies in the older years at fairly short notice and once one is in the other has greater priority as a sibling
    It doesn't matter if you are a glass half full or half empty sort of person. Keep it topped up! Cheers!
  • fuddle
    fuddle Posts: 6,823 Forumite
    edited 10 November 2012 at 8:17PM
    Options
    I'd need for them to both be in the same place.

There's one 1 mile away and I've found another 1.4 mile away and a third 1.7 miles so not as bad as I thought. I've been asked to put down three choices and they are all half decent to be fair. I just hope I can get them in because I can't get them to the ones further a field. Fingers crossed.

Edited to add: I was talking about cleaning toilets last Sat night and tonight about school admissions. I need to get a life! Bubble bath awaits then a glass of my home made blackberry wine :)
  • missrlr
    missrlr Posts: 2,192 Forumite
    Options
    Beccatj Hugs to you. Please don't forget the people delivering the news will probably have done it in the way which helped the, get through it. Not easy to deliver news like that so try not to take their apparent coldness personally. It is no reflection on your DH.

Chin up we are here to help.
    Start info Dec11 :eek:
    H@lifax [STRIKE]£13813.45[/STRIKE] paid Sep14 paid 23 months early :T
    Mortgage [STRIKE]£206400[/STRIKE] :eek: £199750 Mortgage £112500
    B@rclays £[STRIKE]25000[/STRIKE] paid 4 years 5 months early. S@ntander £[STRIKE]9300[/STRIKE] paid 2 years 2 months early
    2013 8lb lost 2014 need to lose 14lb. Lost 4 so far!;)
  • shegar
    shegar Posts: 1,978 Forumite
    Options
    Possession wrote: »
    Excellent news Fuddle! The rats are definitely the LL's responsibility to sort but I'd be inclined to put some bait down too.
    What is the girls' new school like?

Fuddle.....yea thats good news on the new house..... On the rat side, you can put poison down but its dam expensive if you need more than one application, id be inclined to ignore the problem if I were you ,simply because you are moving and let the LL do it.....

Thats one reason why ive never like decking my hubby always use to call it a "rats haven", I blame Alan Titchmarsh when he was into "Groundforce", he put the dam stuff on every garden that he renovated, and everybody wanted it and had it put down, its also very slippery when wet..........

Hopefully you will be all sorted in a" damp free"home.......

I still feel !!!!! with this cold now gone into day 5 and nose still running away and dam headaches which will no doubt go to my sinisus as per usual after a heavy cold, but loads of people are suffering with this cold virus, I had the flu jab month ago, dont want that this winter................

Been dismall today and wet this arvo, not nice so depressing........My SAD is here too , so im in the wars this autumn.............

I cant and wont even think of xmas this year, as each year xmas get nearer I get more unsettled with it...........All the family have decided not to buy unwanted presents for each other again this year....

Im giving cash to each family , so they can get what they need, and im also getting some food each week and put away so I can give them a good xmas hamper, makes sense to get them food..............................

Ive told them all that we dont want any presents at all, but a card will be enough............Both my sons and DILs are very happy with that and if it suits us then we think thats the best way to go................Most people probaly wouldnt have that sort of xmas, but as long as we are all happy with it , then thats it.......

If you buy the GC cheap crap toys they break very quickly and end up in the household waste a few weeks after xmas...............

I havent been out and done any food shopping this week, so we are living on our supplies, ive got enough, and thats what they were bought for...........I havent got the strengh and the go in me...:eek:
    Frost on the way tonight so at least we will get a sunny day Sunday...........
    When the coal man come Friday he said that they were so far more busy this year with new customers buying coal, because alot of people can no longer afford to buy oil so they are turning to real fires.........Why the hell is oil so expensive? I feel for people on oil and wonder how they can afford to find large amounts of money to fill their tanks, its a dam disgrace, even if oil goes down overseas, it never goes down here......:mad:.....Im on GCH , but worry about people keeping warm in these hard times the past few years.........Sheila
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Pleased to hear about your house, fuddle. I give my 2yo tea if she won't drink her milk. That is, I drop about an inch of my tea into her milk. Sometimes it works and sometimes not, she is still suspicious of dairy...

Beccatj so sorry about your news.
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • catznine
    catznine Posts: 3,192 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    So, so pleased for you Fuddle! :j
    Our days are happier when we give people a bit of our heart rather than a piece of our mind.

Jan grocery challenge £35.77/£120
  • fuddle
    fuddle Posts: 6,823 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you for the well wishes. I've packed all my living room ornaments, keen as mustard I am :D

LL knows, he's fine. We've paid up until 5th of December. Anything over that we stay we have to pay £15 per day. That is reasonable I feel as he could have asked for another full month.

Kittie I've been catching up on the weather link you posted. PC's predictions fascinate me. Temps take a nose dive tomorrow here, but looks like we'll escape the worst - or my weather (accuweather) is no where near on the ball. :cool:
  • cutestkids
    cutestkids Posts: 1,651 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Really pleased for you FUDDLE fantastic news bet you just can't wait now.
    1 Sealed Pot Challenge # 1480
    2 Stopped Smoking 28/08/2011
    3 Joined Payment A Day Challenge 3/12/2011
    4 One debt vs 100 days part 15 £579.62/ £579.62New challenge £155.73/£500
    5 Pay off as much as you can in 2013 challenge!£6609.20 / £7500
  • Aria`s_Tail
    Options
    Evening all.
    Add my hands to your circle Mar.
    :j to Fuddle.
    ((((hugs)))) to beccatje.
    PIC, I hope your wanderer returns soon.

I haven't done much today, just feel achey and exhausted all of the time. I walked up to the high st this afternoon, got gas and electric, fruit from greengrocers and a pork shoulder joint from local butchers. Gonna try and do pulled pork in the slow cooker tomorrow. A good friend of mine turned up for the afternoon for a natter as she was in the area (she lives about 200M away so was good to see her)

Loving the vultures.
    Squirrels in our house are always squibbles (from my brother when he was little). Grave/head stones are graving stones (from me when I was little).
    We were in a supermarket the other week and saw there were some good storecupboard offers on. There was a woman stood next to us, her face was a picture when I asked my OH to nip outside for a trollop as I couldn't carry that many tins on my own!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure