PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

'supporting each other through really tough times'

Options

Comments

• Mrs_Veg_Plot
    Options
    :j Congratulations Fuddle :j I am so pleased for you and your family.

Beccatje I have pm'd you , sorry about your bad news.

I have had some great news by way of a change today. Before Oh lost his job on Wednesday dad had arranged fro us to view a second hand car at his house today. We told him we could not buy it now OH has lost his job but dad has bought it for us and we do not have to pay it back until OH starts working again :j. I can not believe how much he has mellowed over th last few years and we have got on better this last two years than at anyother time I can remember.

I have also made my first tote bag and I am really proud of it and I even mamaged to do french seams inside it so that there ae no raw edges. Will ask DD to hep me post a picture tomorrow. I am glad it went well as I am going to make them as christmas gifts for aunty's this christmas.

Back is feeling a bit better this evening but will be off to bed with the hottie soon (hot water bottle not OH :p).

Hope everyone has a goodnights sleep.

Mrs VP
    I am playing all of the right notes just not necessarily in the right order :D.
  • ginnyknit
    ginnyknit Posts: 3,718 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Rosiepp, I know what you mean, I popped on that thread once and thought it was silly to be so cold. I know its hard to pay the bills -we all have the same problem- but theres a point when you need to be warm, and the first sign of hypothermia is depression!

Fuddle :j:j:j:j I only popped on to see what had happened about the house.

Beccatje, so sorry for your bad news. I have said before its terrible when good people get news like that.

Got delivery of my halogen oven (gift off DS) today and am very impressed already - just watch that electric bill come down now :T DGS is here for the night so am off to bed in case he wakes uber early - cross your fingers for me.

Hugs to all poorlies. Hands held out to join your circle Mar xxx
    Clearing the junk to travel light
    Saving every single penny.
    I will get my caravan
  • MrsCD
    MrsCD Posts: 1,814 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Xmas Saver!
    edited 11 November 2012 at 1:23AM
    Options
    jpscloud wrote: »

I'm pushing 50 alarmingly fast and have no pension to speak of, and I'm on a very low salary so I need to get this going now. I'll probably still have to work til I drop, but maybe I can be part time when I'm over 66!
    Have you asked your local tax office for a pension forecast? They can tell you if you need to top-up your NI contributions to get a decent pension of your own, or how much a lump sum would be. I paid voluntary conts for a while until my wage increased enough to pay NI conts then I rang up again and they stopped the vol conts.
    Beccatje wrote: »
    Very tough times...

Yesterday my husband was made redundant. Just like that, no fore warning.. two months notice, but go home and come back Tuesday to sign the papers.
    Sending you lots of hugs Becca. It's horrible when people treat you that way. I hope you and your DH get over the shock soon and that something comes along quickly.
    katieowl wrote: »
    Simples. Will never ever cook a whole turkey again. If people will be weird about not seeing a whole turkey, cut it and serve it up in the kitchen.

Kate
    Same here. I buy M&S in foil trays when they're on offer and it's enough for the 4 of us.

Fuddle - congratulations on getting your new house :T You deserve some good news.
    As for the rat prob - is the decking yours or the LL's? If it's yours then I would take it up asap. We had the same prob last year because the bird feeders were above the plants in the garden and the seeds were dropping onto soil where we couldn't sweep up. We got rid of the feeders and put down some poison in a special box that just lets the beasties in but not birds or larger animals. They eat the grain and go away to perish. We haven't seen any for over a year now.

Our DDs had (and still do have) very weak tea from being able to drink out of a cup, so no worries for older children. Better than sugary drinks IMO.

Sorry for the long post. I've been to work today and only just managed to get on to the computer after DDs finished their stuff!
    2024 Fashion on the ration 32/66 used
  • Popperwell
    Popperwell Posts: 5,088 Forumite
    Options
    Whether believed or ignored...every success on your new adventure Fuddle.

Hope all who are facing hard times find peace and something good arrives to take the fears away.
    "A government afraid of its citizens is a Democracy. Citizens afraid of government is tyranny!" ~Thomas Jefferson

"Your assumptions are your windows on the world. Scrub them off every once in a while, or the light won't come in" ~ Alan Alda
  • danetastic
    Options
    Fuddle FANTASTIC news ! Is there a y way of deferring the start of the mortgage until you are able to be free of you know what . Surely the builders will be glad of a sale ESP with the way the housing market has been of late ( just a thought that if you want to buy this would be an option) . Oh and the rats are LL problem to deal with. I would let him know they are suspected to be under decking. If he does nothing environmental health will soon be on the case ESP if they are causing problems with neighbouring properties

Becca so sorry to hear your news . Your poor OH ! I also think that they did break the news this way cos they were finding it difficult. I do hope hes ok and that something of a permanent nature turns up soon

Took mutlies to hydro pool other side of Glasgow . Decided to try the chihuahua pups . Well they were fAb . Once they came out it was Danes of 3 others then big man and last lurcher . They did well too and no jelly legs this time lol . Oh and misty didn't go in cos it takes 2 hrs to blow dry her and felt that it was too long to get her home when she would be soaking(1.25 hrs) . She loves travelling in the van tho so came on the trip. Got home shattered and haven't done much. Still on antiBs for chest but can't shake cough . Got to let them know tomorrow u if I'm going to be fit for work Monday

On that note can I put my hands into the circle - they've been washed honest and I promise not to cough on anyone

Healing thoughts and hugs to those that need them
    DT
    Date restarted DFW 30/04/16
    Money owed :-
    Vet £700
    DMP too much ( need to find out how much ) :eek:
    That's it
  • paidinchickens
    Options
    Softstuff wrote: »

I'm sorry PIC, but I don't have the room here to house everybody ;)

Don't panic I never won anyway :( didn't get a ticket as went leafleting instead. Didn't know you were all inclusive though so may try next week :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • paidinchickens
    Options
    fuddle If anyone deserves a break it is you x
  • paidinchickens
    Options
    Popperwell wrote: »
    Whether believed or ignored...every success on your new adventure Fuddle.

Hope all who are facing hard times find peace and something good arrives to take the fears away.

If you just said every success Fuddle that would have been lovely but the "whether believed or ignored" could get peoples backs up.

Sorry if I have taken this the wrong way, but I'm sure Fuddle has said she is not ignoring you and I don't want any more arguing on here.

If anyone has energy for arguing you can come and help me look for my cat instead :p

PiC
  • Softstuff
    Softstuff Posts: 3,086 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Don't panic I never won anyway :( didn't get a ticket as went leafleting instead. Didn't know you were all inclusive though so may try next week :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Oh yes, all inclusive* here.

*All inclusive means all local drinks (tea and water) are free between 1am and 7am. Towels and bedding are payable locally at resort, as is air conditioning, water and lighting. Supplement may be payable locally for entertainment (tv).
    Softstuff- Officially better than 007
  • fuddle
    fuddle Posts: 6,823 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the good wishes :)

I didn't think about the fact that the LL could find out about how we have not acted. The last thing I want is to have to deal with him when I've moved on. I'll ask DH to put poison under the decking, photo graph it being there and then at least we've been seen to be doing something. So tired of living here. It's one thing after another and always seems to be connected to us having to pay money to fix another person's problems. The decking is the LL's.

We have a dishwasher in the new house. I've never had any one and secretly quite excited. Can I ask are they water and energy eaters? Could anyone recommend a decent dish washing tablet that is reasonably priced?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport