PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

'supporting each other through really tough times'

Options

Comments

• missrlr
    missrlr Posts: 2,192 Forumite
    Options
    We are now down every month as DH been downgraded no notice, fighting it but apparently started beginning Nov not involved in any consultation some one messed up in HR ..... Makes for an interesting Christmas!
    Start info Dec11 :eek:
    H@lifax [STRIKE]£13813.45[/STRIKE] paid Sep14 paid 23 months early :T
    Mortgage [STRIKE]£206400[/STRIKE] :eek: £199750 Mortgage £112500
    B@rclays £[STRIKE]25000[/STRIKE] paid 4 years 5 months early. S@ntander £[STRIKE]9300[/STRIKE] paid 2 years 2 months early
    2013 8lb lost 2014 need to lose 14lb. Lost 4 so far!;)
  • Prudence
    Prudence Posts: 26 Forumite
    edited 10 November 2012 at 2:11AM
    Options
    5 A Day used to refer to fruit and veg...now it means pages :)

Its a beautiful day in tomorrow land....hold that thought!

Morning all, and hello to the MSE lady on holiday that I spent a pleasant time chatting to on the bench seat overlooking the beach. Hope your trip to Sydney was enjoyed by all the family, and you have a safe trip home.
  • stiltwalker
    stiltwalker Posts: 1,319 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hey - finally caught up so apologies if I don't mention any particular posts except I remember Mrs VP needs hugs.

Had a wonderful mid week break - first night without the kids was kind of odd, but lovely and they had great fun with grandparents and we thoroughly enjoyed the rest of the week at Center Parcs. We'd poshed up our usual standard of accomodation as it was our honeymoon and it included daily maid service - well the first morning after the kids joined us it was outstanding - all DD's bed toys had been lined up and tucked into bed ready for bed time, so sweet and definately above and beyond! DD also loved the "bubbly" bath - we had a whirlpool one and not really looking forward to bath night tomorrow when she realises that our bath dosen't do that!

So many things struck a chord as I was reading through but the moment has passed so will leave be - photos to follow as and when we have them - ddn't actually take any ourselves as loads of other people were taking them but means we now need to wait to b given CDs with them on.

Hugs all. XX
  • Prudence
    Options
    Stiltwalker, a Happy Tick and a big smile from me, I have been looking out for your update.
  • danetastic
    danetastic Posts: 200 Forumite
    edited 10 November 2012 at 2:31AM
    Options
    I wish myz picci cud be put here docky cos iz is cute an iz knows sat u will alls fall in lub head ova zee paws but mumzi don't know hows . She often sez iz a poza but I don't know wot zat meens. My bruzzas are handsome boyz an zen zer is my little sista
    Zen zer is za 4 pudcats . My sista ply gig wiz zen but zen she iz a little dafti ( mumzi calls her sis all da time )
    Oops sorree dockie iz 4got not eberybody knows who I is so has to edit.
    Wee nuzzles ( cos iz is too posh ya shlurp)
    Mistie
    Date restarted DFW 30/04/16
    Money owed :-
    Vet £700
    DMP too much ( need to find out how much ) :eek:
    That's it
  • Chopper5
    Options
    SDG I did your pulled pork today for a fireworks gathering in my back garden, people were licking the plates and fighting over seconds! I had been cooking since 10am couldn't face eating any of it but WOW it got a great response!

And for £10 for 4kg- very OS I think?!
  • Softstuff
    Softstuff Posts: 3,086 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Chopper5 wrote: »
    SDG I did your pulled pork today for a fireworks gathering in my back garden, people were licking the plates and fighting over seconds! I had been cooking since 10am couldn't face eating any of it but WOW it got a great response!

And for £10 for 4kg- very OS I think?!

It's certainly on my list of things to try as soon as I feel up to it, it sounds wonderful and pork is cheap here too.
    Softstuff- Officially better than 007
  • paidinchickens
    Options
    I kept reading that as Crystal Meth! I need to work in a better class of hsopital.:eek:

Glad I'm not the only one :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • paidinchickens
    Options
    One of my cats has been missing since Tuesday :( spent most of my time walking round with the dogs to see if I can find her.

Four other cats have gone missing locally as well. Why do people tell you all the horror stories on what can happen to cats? Do I look like I need to know??? No of course I don't I'm a wreck as she is part of the family.

got a jumble this morning and one this afternoon, in between I will do some more cat searching.

Doing great for the diet, Dogs legs are being walked off (I swear one looked the other way when I got the lead out for the sixth time)

Going to read back to see what Iv'e missed :o
  • fuddle
    fuddle Posts: 6,823 Forumite
    edited 10 November 2012 at 8:55AM
    Options
    oh PiC I'm sorry. :( I know it's torment but there is a lot of hope. We had a missing cat a few weeks ago (on the thread I mean) and it was found sometime later safe and well. People can be cruel without even realising it, certainly not thinking about what they're saying. :cool:
    debtmess wrote: »

Just a curious question, does anyone not go a full Christmas dinner route? Just me and my 3 little ones this year, last 2 years they are far from interested in a full Xmas dinner, last year I joked with older 2 that I would start doing fish fingers and chips instead:rotfl: just seems so wasteful.

debtmess it's your christmas :D I'd say go the pigs in blankets route or do the whole dinner but arrange it into a pic for the children - mashed potato snowman body, peas for eyes etc or make a bigger than normal yorkshire pud and pop their meat veg and gravy inside. Maybe put what you make on plates/bowls on the table so the children can help themselves to what ever they fancy?

Must dash, I'm off to see a man about a house. Wish us luck and I feel very, very sorry for you toughies - I'm either going to be bouncing with excitement or extremely upset. Either way you can't win ;):p
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure