PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

'supporting each other through really tough times'

Options

Comments

• danetastic
    Options
    Byatt I have 6 dogs . They start the size of a great Dane and end with the chihuahuas ! When I go walking with them im often asked if I'm a dog walker. It was misty my fluffy that got left outside by accident. She is absolutely fine . Spent today combing out knots in her cost. She loved the attention and half way thru fell asleep

Fuddle hope you hear about the house soon . It's been a long time comming and I'm sure once done you'll feel so much more settled

Softstuff hope you feel ok soon . It must be horrid for you and I hope the tablets kick in soon
    Date restarted DFW 30/04/16
    Money owed :-
    Vet £700
    DMP too much ( need to find out how much ) :eek:
    That's it
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi

My DS (nearly 4) still calls parsnips "partynips" and he calls milk "nilk". He had a dummy when he was very little and called it "yahyah" but his little sister called hers "doodoo".

She calls her granddad "bamps" and they both call my mum by my stepdads name, just with granny in front lol.

My brother used to call me "Jelly" as he couldn't say my real name and sometimes now my mum will call me jellybean.

X
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,941 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    After any spot of upheaval has passed in our house, we all say we're back to norman as its what DD used to say as a child.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • shegar
    shegar Posts: 1,978 Forumite
    Options
    kittie wrote: »
    just a quickie to suggest that you might want to get `just in case` stuff in, just in case this lurgy goes nationwide. It`s truly awful and is flu not a cold. It comes on all of a sudden and you don`t get the prickly throat warning. It goes straight to the chest and also the sinuses so that you are incredibly bunged up and coughing all the time, particularly when you try and rest lying down and the headache just goes on and on It just took me over and I have resorted to taking cold and flu meds, just to get through a couple of hours at a time. Important to drink as much as possible but not dairy stuff as there is an unimaginable amount of non-stop mucus and dairy adds to it

I have ordered more painkillers and meds from chemist direct and am grateful to have 4 large boxes of man size tissues already in the house. I have a large stock of herbs to make tea but otherwise I would be glad of the likes of hot ribena. I am dipping into my winter stocks and soup is the main thing here with dh making up a pack or two of pancake mix or opening a tin of food for himself. If you don`t have a storecupboard then I would be getting some quick foods in at the very least, that and squash and some meds. If you have never had flu then think of your worst cold ever, times more than 20. Last time I had flu was in winter 1977/78 so getting the flu isn`t a common occurrence, not like getting a cold. Flu knocks you for six and with a bang

Yea your right about how flu knocks you out badly for weeks.......

I do get fed up with people who always say "oh Ive got flu" and there they are moving around normal not a sniffle or cough, if youve really got flu it quickly lays you up for at least a week or more.......

Then you get the people that say,"Ive got a cold", but they havent even got a nose run and dont have to use a hankerchief, I wish I had those type of colds.....

At the moment ive had a cold for 3 days and used 2 lge boxes of tissues, it hasnt stopped running and my poor nose is red raw today, and im getting so fed up with it, thats what I call a cold...........

Im full of moans and groans this week, its been a bad week , I hope next week is better for me and all the other posters who are also unwell............

Ive lit my fire and I aint doing nought tonight except watch the flames........:)
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Options
    Let's all hold virtual hands and join together in a healing circle. Take two minutes out of your day to send out thoughts to the universe, ok? Will do us the world of good.
    Shegar, every time I've had flu I was in bed flat out and couldn't even walk to the toilet on my own, when I tried it I fainted. That's real flu :(
  • Angel_Jenny
    Angel_Jenny Posts: 3,026 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I used to mix up radiator and reindeer!

Plus I used to get n's and m's confused in words like animal (aminal) and cinnamon (cimmanon) - I still slip up and say them wrong now!
  • boultdj
    boultdj Posts: 5,312 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Here's my hand Mar.
    £71.93/ £180.00
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    shegar wrote: »
    Yea your right about how flu knocks you out badly for weeks.......

I do get fed up with people who always say "oh Ive got flu" and there they are moving around normal not a sniffle or cough, if youve really got flu it quickly lays you up for at least a week or more.......

Then you get the people that say,"Ive got a cold", but they havent even got a nose run and dont have to use a hankerchief, I wish I had those type of colds.....

At the moment ive had a cold for 3 days and used 2 lge boxes of tissues, it hasnt stopped running and my poor nose is red raw today, and im getting so fed up with it, thats what I call a cold...........

Im full of moans and groans this week, its been a bad week , I hope next week is better for me and all the other posters who are also unwell............

Ive lit my fire and I aint doing nought tonight except watch the flames........:)

That annoys me too! I've only had flu twice and both times I couldn't lift my head for days. I've had a flu jab the last couple of years and oddly enough it seems to ward off most coughs and colds too! :T
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • mrsmortenharket
    Options
    I've had flu once. It knocked me out for days.
    I thought I had flu another time. Till I turned blue. Turned out I had pneumonia!
    If a person can function, they don't have flu!
  • maryb
    maryb Posts: 4,661 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I used to make a point of saying I had a feverish cold when I was too ill to go in but I knew it wasn't flu. So when I got pneumonia they knew I wasn't exaggerating
    It doesn't matter if you are a glass half full or half empty sort of person. Keep it topped up! Cheers!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure