UKPC Parking Ticket

This morning I received a parking ticket in our private car park where I live. I do have a permit but have not stuck it to the window because i share the permit with my girlfriend. Because it is not stuck on the permit blew down to the bottom of the windscreen when i had the window heater on and it could not been seen. Is it worth me appealing as i have taken a photo showing the top of the permit on display, but you cant see the permit details. Is it worth me appealing to them based on this, or is this admitting guilt?
I have have seen a few posts saying ignore these and they will not force to me to pay. Is this still the case as i believe parking laws changed recently?
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    100K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    You have seen 'a few posts'?! The whole current forum is full of new threads every single day saying to ignore! Try to spot one that says anything different except for explaining the new law and POPLA:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163

Like all the other posters on this board, you have a fake PCN.

Yes you can still simply ignore the FAKE 'fine' and subsequent letters that will follow. The new law just gives you a second option of appealing to the PPC and then appealing to POPLA - a new independent service if you are in Engand/Wales.

But in your shoes I wouldn't raise the profile of the fake PCN at all, don't give it the time of day! You haven't got a real parking ticket so certainly do not pay! :)

Ignore it all and tick off the threatening letters here.

Watchdog clip with expert Solicitor's opinion here.

Barrister's opinion here.

Never pay one of these fake private parking tickets. Despite what the debt collector letters say, there are no repercussions.

There will be no Court, no CCJ, no bailiff, no-one can come knocking, there's no effect on credit rating. ZILCH because it's a scam like a phishing email trying to extort money using an impersonation of authority, passing off an invoice as a PCN.

Just check out the links for the preview pics of the letter chain you can now laugh at.

:)
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • ManxRedManxRed Forumite
    3.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do you 'own' the parking space? Or does your landlord?

The ticket IS unenforceable, you are safe to ignore it.

Which parking company is this?
    Je Suis Cecil.
  • pogofishpogofish Forumite
    10.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ManxRed wrote: »
    Which parking company is this?

It sys UKPC in the thread title. :p

So IGNORE all the way! :D
    3.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, that's a bit of a clue I guess!
    Je Suis Cecil.
  • Thanks for your help
  • I recieved a fine because my parking ticket had fell down the vents a little bit you would have to look harder in a different angle than usual to see it but it was still visible. The evidence the provided showed a picture on my ticket in the vent but taken at the position where you cant see the date and time. I have appealed it and they have said they would reduce the fee to £15 if i pay within two weeks. I have appealed again as I did have a valid parking ticket and was displaying it even though you had to look at it in a certain angle.

helpppp do i just pay or do i hold out?
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    100K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow they are getting desperate to want a reduced amount of £15 from you! Obviously don't pay it - and stop appealing it if it was regarding an incident in August/September. Just ignore the letters you will get and tick them off against the 'PPC letter chains' thread (currently 5th from top of the parking forum). :)

If it was in October and in England or Wales, still do not pay but ask for the POPLA verification code as you wish to appeal to the next stage as you won't be paying. There's a new allegedly independent stage to private parking appeals but it's only for incidents from 1st October. Or you can choose to ignore it!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • protection of freedoms act 2012
    proposal to introduce keeper liability for parking charges on private land.
    I have read this from the home office web site and does anyone know if this is actually in force as its states from 1st october 2012.
    It is actually very clear that the private companies know it is impossible to get the registered keeper to pay fines or the information to be given on the driver responsible so they are appealing themselves.
    Should the tickets still be ignored...i have ignored round one of mine.
    any information would be great.
    3.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, still ignore.

There are many criteria that need to be followed before they can make the RK liable. Even if those criteria are followed, the key issue is that it only makes them liable for the ticket.

If the ticket is unenforceable anyway, due to it being an unenforceable contractual penalty (which it invariably is), or the PPC doesn't have sufficient landowner rights to form a contract in the first place, then it follows that the RK is liable for an unenforceable ticket, same as the driver would have been prior to the Protection of Freedoms Act coming in.

You are doing the right thing in continuing to ignore it.
    Je Suis Cecil.
  • Yes the advice is still to ignore unless you want to spend time and effort in going the sham appeal route with the ppc, then onto popla
    Excel Parking, MET Parking, Combined Parking Solutions, VP Parking Solutions, ANPR PC Ltd, & Roxburghe Debt Collectors. What do they all have in common?
    They are all or have been suspended from accessing the DVLA database for gross misconduct!
    Do you really need to ask what kind of people run parking companies?
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides